Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Albert

Albert Report 23 Apr 2020 19:13

Hi I am trying to find a nephew of mine that I did not know existed until about two years ago,He was born to my late sister Patricia Etherington, at the time she was married to a Anthony Oldham and was registered as JOHN OLDHAM,although he was not the father, He was born in Highfield Maternity Hospital in Wallasey in August 1971, and was adopted almost immediately, from what I have been able to find out that Pat looked after him while in the hospital but never took him home, This John would be 49 years old today, and there is a brother age 43 and sister age 45 living in England who would love to meet him, as I have been doing my family tree for years now, they asked me if I could help find him, and I live in Canada so where do I start, I found one site "HELP ME FIND" last year and put in information in it but never got any response back, so any where else i can look at for answers, thank you
Yours
AL Etherington--- Hamilton Canada

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Apr 2020 19:18

As he was adopted, his name will have been changed, so we won't be able to find him from online records.

You (and/or his brother and sister) can sign up with the Adoption Contact Register:

https://tinyurl.com/y9yp28pn

Then if your nephew knows he was adopted, and also happens to register with them, hoping to find his birth relatives, you may be put in contact with each other.
With luck, he may already have registered with them.

Albert

Albert Report 23 Apr 2020 19:25

Thanks we figured that he would have a completely new name, again thanks and i will try that link you sent

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Apr 2020 22:21

Not that it matters, but but it looks like your sister married an Eric, not an Anthony.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Apr 2020 22:31

Al,

The information about the Adoption Contact Register was given to you on a previous thread about this:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1377185

Rose

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Apr 2020 11:14

Didn't you follow the advice given in 2019?