Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Stobie or John Higgs born July 1944

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Aug 2021 12:58

The 2014 address in Mansfield was sold in 2014.

I don't see any sign of her on the Electoral Rolls after 2014, nor of having married since then, so I assume she has opted out of the public ERs - which isn't helpful when looking for her!

Her son isn't old enough to appear on ERs, so that's no help either.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Aug 2021 16:29

You could write a letter to the new occupants of the 2014 address as they could possibly have a forwarding address - although it would be a long shot. Make sure you include a stamped addressed envelope as you are more likely to get a reply if you do.

Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Aug 2021 17:59

To add to Kath’s suggestion, I would advise putting your name and address on the outside of the envelope, in the hope that the recipient doesn’t simply bin it.

Having said that, I moved into my current address a little over 4 years ago - I have no forwarding address for the previous occupants and I would think that applies to most new owners of properties.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Aug 2021 10:49

It might also be worth sending a letter to some of the houses close to the address in case anyone there were close friends of Tina and are still in touch with her.

Kath. x