Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A SUGGESTION

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Oct 2011 20:07

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE GENES TEAM.

SORT THIS SITE OUT PLEASE.

IT HAS BEEN A COMPLETE AND UTTER SHAMBLES ALL DAY.

IF IT WASN'T FOR FACEBOOK, NO ONE WOULD HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

And I don't usually shout!

I wonder how many times this message will be repeated ?

:-| :-| :-| :-| :-| :-|

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 01:40

a lot!!

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2011 02:29

I think Cyn is angry :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 03:44

I wonder what gave you that idea! :-D

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2011 03:50

Just look at her face Sylv....not a happy bunny :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 04:12

:-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 04:16

I thought the clue might have been the number of times she posted the same thread :-D

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 22 Oct 2011 05:17

Must have calmed down. There is only one frantic post to be seen.

It is ages since I had any problems with the site. I was feeling quite left out. However today, I felt included after I clicked on my little icon and was kindly told there was a problem.

My happiness was only momentary; at the next click the site responded in its usual prompt, correct, and straightforward manner.

I heard Cynthia yelling and arrived to find the usual suspects having a meeting.

And by the look of other threads which have sprung up in the last short while, the growl of disapproval is widespread.

We could all go back to pen, paper and snail mail. Remember how satisfying it used to be when rain, hail, sleet or snow actually did prevent delivery of the mail.

Ah yes, I can see the GR man. He is wearing his postie cap, has a large bag of letters and is on his treadly. Thank goodness GR have at least solved the problems of getting the mail through!!!

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 22 Oct 2011 05:39

Oh dear. I was just into my third round of Tai Chi breathing while I attempted to submit my next post. I progressed from light breathing to one round short of agitated breathing, that is three error messages worth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and lost the whole post.

The gist of my narrative was to suggest I would be willing to go scrub my kitchen floor if the GR suggestions were brought to fruition. Further that my opinion favours closing the site during complicated maintenance endeavours. Other sites do so. GRs attempt to keep running whilst pushing buttons and cutting wires is not successful. Their aim to please us simply doesn't.

Now I will click submit again. Please note I am now up to holding my breath. Turning blue and screaming will be the next step. Cynthia has already reached that high plateau of agitation. She will have company.

Sorry Cynthia, you are on your own. It worked; that time!!

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2011 06:47

Now AS...What do you know about the problems that have been happening :-D

You were sleeping while Cyn was throwing a wobbly :-)

edit- ERROR .....its ok though I had not typed much to worry

:-D :-D :-D

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Oct 2011 06:49

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1283723

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2011 06:55

Why on earth have you posted that link IGP????

Do you think we are stupid ???

Oh we must not have a laugh anymore :-(

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Oct 2011 06:56

In case you haven't seen it.....!

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2011 07:05

Ummmm after being logged onto this site for the last 18 hours and tend to visit ALL boards plus facebook yes I have seen it and maybe the others have too

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Oct 2011 07:09

Unfortunately, not all members read all the boards, so just trying to be helpful.

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2011 07:48

If you read all of the boards IGP most of the people you have been giving this link to are the ones who help on here...so yes they do read all of them

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 22 Oct 2011 10:00

I WAS NOT ASLEEP!!! Whoops! Is it catching.

I was not asleep I was tending to two scratching canines.

OK! I'll admit it. I might have nodded off during Cynthia's hissy fit. Plenty of evidence remaining, of the hissy fit ie, not my sleeping.

Wanna practice holding collective breaths and turning blue.

I have had to log in three times in order to type this message. I can look at the thread, but I can not type on it. I was not allowed in under my normal log in.

Phew! That's Oz for s***! Almost forgot to copy before I submitted. Isn't that a lovely pink colour on the error message. Were you aware pink does not exist. It is a minus green colour. Google it and find out.

Will try again to post.

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 22 Oct 2011 10:57

I have reset my cookies as advised by GR.

Only took me twenty minutes to log back in again.

I have never before noticed the 50 credits on the My Account bar.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 21:11

however, AS ............... you do not really have 50 credits

as someone pointed out some weeks ago

that just means that IF you pay a certain amount of money, then you will get 50 credits

This was discovered after said person tried to use the 50 credits she thought she had to look at some records, only to be told to buy credits first.

want to throw another hissy fit???

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 21:18

IGP

I really do fail to see why you are posting that url on every thread that you can

Most of us actually saw it last night, and do not need reminding that it was posted several hours AFTER the problems had started!

Nor do we need reminding that announcements were posted on the Announcement board, when we were completely unable to open either the board or the announcement to see what was posted.

I did note that complaints had been made on the GR wall on FB for a full 5 hours before there was any response from GR

.............. and that response was basically "Oh, there are problems? we didn't know!. Please let us know what problems you are having, in full detail"

asinine response when all they had to do was look at 3 "threads'"and about 50 comments! ALL of which detailed what was happening.

There have been many "doh" moments with GR in all the years I have been a member .................... last night must receive the Gold Medal for inability to understand and respond in due fashion.

The problem should NEVER have gone on for so long.

sylvia