Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WDYTYA Board

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Feb 2014 14:53

Remove all the old threads.................people are wasting time looking for info for them

You should have started from scratch this year..................

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 20 Feb 2014 20:11

Too right - bad show again Genes

Flip

Flip Report 20 Feb 2014 20:39

Agree with both these comments - what happened to marking last years threads as "answered" as was originally posted when advertising this. The only way to tell the difference is this years are from WDYTYALive, rather than WDYTYA. How original, what are GR going to use next year WDYTYA even more Live?

Great turnout today, 3 threads so far :-D

It's great running this sort of event, but is physical presence really necessary to promote the site - it excludes any international researchers and also most of UK ones who can't travel to the event. Surely in this day and age events should be online and accessible to all - would attract far more potential customers. Which I guess is the ultimate aim.

If you need a marketing manager .........

Don't call me, I'll call you ;-)

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 20 Feb 2014 23:47

I agree - PLEASE get rid of the old threads, or put them somewhere else..
Keeping them on the same board is confusing and time wasting for potential 'helpers'.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Feb 2014 17:35

I agree ..................

there should have been another Board set up for this year ...................

or at the very least, last year's postings should have been locked so that no more posts could be made.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 21 Feb 2014 18:03

Genes are not reading this thread - a pity. It is still possible to pick up an old request from last year and add to it, i just checked!
:-( :-( :-(

Flip

Flip Report 21 Feb 2014 18:06

Well one of us could RR one of the posts - I'm not bothered if someone does mine as I'm a bit irreverant ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Feb 2014 18:46

Karen

someone posted on an old thread from last year on Wednesday evening :-)

I just do not understand how GR can get so many things wrong!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Feb 2014 18:47

BUT

they also are seemingly not getting many customers for this "service"

3 requests yesterday, 1 so far today ................. and that is from someone who made one of the requests yesterday

so only 3 people have asked for help so far

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 21 Feb 2014 20:24

If they delete last year's posts, there won't be enough left to fill the page.......

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 21 Feb 2014 21:55

Yes Sylvia - I did the same, hence my post. :-( I did some looking up and posted on a thread before I realised it was on an old thread, grrrrr, so after deleting I went off in a huff , then came on this thread to ask them to do something about that Board, as several of us have done. .
Today I checked to see if anything had been done, hence my second post :-)

Well, if GR can't be bothered to a) organise that board properly or b) read their own Suggestions Board where they would see this thread, well I can't be bothered to look at the WDYTYA Board - not a big loss really, I'm hardly an expert :-D

jax

jax Report 21 Feb 2014 22:35

They are not even reading their facebook page....WDYTYA must be the main concern at the moment.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Feb 2014 00:40

it's probable that EVERY member of staff is at WDYTYA ..........

........ so there is no-one manning the office to read on here or on FB

The staff seems to have been cut to the bone, if we tot up all the ones who have moved over to other parts of the company.

wisechild

wisechild Report 22 Feb 2014 06:43

As Sylvia said, not exactly a huge take up in the first 2 days.
Maybe there will be more today, being Saturday.
Otherwise, the whole exercise would appear to be a total waste of everyones time.

jax

jax Report 22 Feb 2014 13:34

Day three 13.32 and no new threads today :-S

Maybe someone has run off with the laptops :-D

wisechild

wisechild Report 22 Feb 2014 13:38

There´s almost more activity on Find Ancestors.......though not much more.
Perhaps everyone is still clearing up after the floods, although other noteable sites don´t seem to have been affected.

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 22 Feb 2014 13:43

:-D :-D :-D-jax! Anyone seen Dea????

Noticed that one reply today had the GR hiccups. ;-)

wisechild

wisechild Report 22 Feb 2014 15:16

Do you think they have been abducted by aliens? :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

Flip

Flip Report 22 Feb 2014 15:44

At this rate I don't think many "helpers" will be getting the free months sub :-D

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 22 Feb 2014 17:19

No takers at all this afternoon??? :-S