Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Memorial Board

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 7 Oct 2015 12:14

I would like to suggest that we have a separate Memorial Board where we can remember the increasing numbers of deceased members.

This would save a you a considerable amount of time as posts would no longer need to be stickied on General Chat. At times these stickies lay there for months with no new posts being made; it seems disrespectful to ask you to unsticky.

There have been numerous disagreements over how long these posts should remain at the top of the board and some upset when the threads have been allowed to fall free. A Memorial Board would hopefully prevent this from happening in the future.

Since you no longer attend the Who Do You Think You Are exhibition, I would suggest that the posts on the WDYTYA Live Requests are merged into Find Ancestors and then this board renamed "In Memorial"

I look forward to your response to this request

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 7 Oct 2015 14:09

I - 2nd the request

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 7 Oct 2015 14:40

A Memorial Board is needed.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Oct 2015 15:29

I too second the request

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Oct 2015 18:57

I think that a Memorial Board should be set up so that GR members can remember their dear lost friends!

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 7 Oct 2015 20:33

To whoever decided to RR this, I was typing at the same time as Cynthia. The post was left there as it contained information that Cynthia's didn't.

Thank you

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Oct 2015 20:38

what? what idiot did this?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Oct 2015 20:47

Some people really should get a life. What a sad individual they must be, I feel sorry for them :-(

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 7 Oct 2015 20:49

I have already contacted GR and ask for the name of the person who has reported this thread.

I don't know if they will reveal this information but I'm at least asking

Mersey

Mersey Report 7 Oct 2015 20:54

Im all for a memorial board...lovely idea.... <3 <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Oct 2015 21:00

and the objection was what exactly?

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 7 Oct 2015 21:00

Goodness knows!

I suggested that the WDYTYA board was renamed "Memorial Board" and all the old posts from the days of Who Do You Think You Are transferred over to Fin Ancestors

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 7 Oct 2015 21:06

It could have been that I said that I thought this new board would stop this constant bickering over the stickies. This wasn't pointed at an individual; we all know it's happened on numerous occasions.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Oct 2015 21:19

because they could Sue

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Oct 2015 21:29

Next month there is an anniversary of a death which a lot of us would like to acknowledge. It will not be to everyones' liking but we should be able to post on the date.

To avoid the arguments a dedicated board for such postings would negate any reason for disagreements as you would have to look for it to read or add to it.

It's a very good idea.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 7 Oct 2015 21:41

Awwww....sorry to see this has been RR'd.

As Claire says, we were posting about the same thing at the same time but if someone doesn't agree with a Memorial board, why RR her thread and not mine?

It would be good if whoever did it would kindly say what their reasons are and maybe we could discuss it.

Yeah....I live in hope! :-D

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 7 Oct 2015 21:48

supercrutch I can't see how anyone can object to a thread to mark the anniversary of the loss of a member.

I didn't complain about the stickies that were on General but I do think that without a dedicated board then such threads need to fall free after a set amount of time.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Oct 2015 21:55

Me neither Claire but there are some members who could comment in an unhelpful way. I have copies of such from a few years ago which I managed to get removed.

Kense

Kense Report 7 Oct 2015 22:21

Well it seems to have been restored now so GR have looked at the suggestion.

That's encouraging.

Joy

Joy Report 8 Oct 2015 14:16

Seconded, too.