Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

USA/Canada look up

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sean

Sean Report 25 Aug 2010 23:13

Trying to find the father of Tamyra Ann Mangan. Born 1947 in Niagra Falls, NewYork State, USA. Died 1997 Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada.
I know her Mother was June Patrica Matthews born 10th April 1922 in Moose jaw, Sascatchwan, Canada. and i know that she married this man in New York State.
Any help is much appricieated, Sean.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Aug 2010 23:15

Sean, suggest you replace your heading with something like "USA/Canada lookup please". It will attract the attention of members who can access this type of info.
Jan

Sean

Sean Report 25 Aug 2010 23:19

Many thanks. have changed heading. Sean.

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 25 Aug 2010 23:32

Detroit Border Crossings and Passenger and Crew Lists, 1905-1957 about June Patricia Mangan
Name: June Patricia Mangan
Arrival Date: 18 Jun 1946
Birth Date: abt 1922
Birthplace: Moose Jaw Sk
Race/Nationality: English

Port of Arrival: Sault Ste Marie, Michigan
Accompanied By: Husband Edward
Departure Contact: Father Frederick Mathews
Arrival Contact: Husband Edward F Mangan

Microfilm Roll Number: M1478_53

Maureen

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 25 Aug 2010 23:40

Owen Sound is where my gr-grparents settled 101 years ago. ;) I spent my summers as a kid in that area on Bruce Peninsula.

In case you're looking for living family -- you don't say the reason for your search -- there are two Mangans in the telephone directory in that area of Ontario, one of them in a small town right next to Owen Sound, one a little farther away (where one of my gr-grparents' children settled).

http://www.whitepages.ca/

Sean

Sean Report 25 Aug 2010 23:45

Any other info on this man? Trying to fill missing gaps in my wife side of the tree. Her Mother was Tamyra.

Sean

Sean Report 25 Aug 2010 23:47

Family as far as i know relating to the Family name Mangan live in the USA. She was Married to a Story.

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 26 Aug 2010 00:02

This one may be worth a look:
U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
Name: Edward F Mangan
Birth Year: 1919
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: New York
State of Residence: New York
County or City: Niagara

Enlistment Date: 27 Oct 1942
Enlistment State: New York
Enlistment City: Buffalo
Branch: Air Corps
Branch Code: Air Corps
Grade: Private
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Army of the United States - includes the following: Voluntary enlistments effective December 8, 1941 and thereafter; One year enlistments of National Guardsman whose State enlistment expires while in the Federal Service; Officers appointed in the Army of
Source: Civil Life

Education: 4 years of high school
Civil Occupation: Attendants, professional and personal service, n.e.c.
Marital Status: Single, without dependents
Height: 67
Weight: 150

Maureen

Sean

Sean Report 26 Aug 2010 00:12

Many thanks Maureen, youve been a great help. Sean.

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 26 Aug 2010 00:19

Michigan Passenger and Crew Lists, 1903-1965
about June Patricia Mangan
Name: June Patricia Mangan
Arrival Date: 18 Jun 1946
Estimated Birth Date: 1922
Ethnicity: English
Birth Location: Saskatchewan
Birth Location: moose jaw
Last Resided: Ontario
Port of Arrival: Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan
Microfilm/Roll #: IMUSAMI1903_082339
Record Type: Card

going to live with husband edward at 820-16th st niagara falls new york

possible for edward on census

1930 United States Federal Census
about Edward Mangan
Name: Edward Mangan
Home in 1930: Niagara Falls, Niagara, New York
View Map
Estimated birth year: abt 1919
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: James C
Mother's Name: Alice
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace: View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
James C Mangan 45
Alice Mangan 44
Paul Mangan 18
Edward Mangan 11

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 26 Aug 2010 00:42

"Family as far as i know relating to the Family name Mangan live in the USA. She was Married to a Story."

But thanks anyway, eh?

Sean

Sean Report 26 Aug 2010 01:13

Sorry, Thank you JaneyCanuck. We might be related some where down the line. Sean

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Aug 2010 01:26

From The Niagara Falls Gazette, Wednesday June 7, 1967:

DEATHS:

MANGAN, Edward F., In Memorial Hospital, June 5, 1967, of 2897 Pearce Rd., North Tonawanda. Husband of Eunice; father of Miss Tamyra Mangan, Toronto, Clarke, Gregory, Michelle and Susan; brother of Paul C. Mangan of Ransomville. Funeral from The Gridley Funeral Home Inc., 750 Main St., Thursday at 11 am., the Rev. Theodore L. Mentor officiating. Interment at the Veteran's Plot, Riverdale Cemetery. Friends may call Tuesday 7-9, Wednesday 2-5 and 7-9.

Don't know if he's yours but the name Tamyra Mangan is so unusual.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Aug 2010 01:37

Another article about his death says he was 47, district circulation supervisor for Niagara Falls Gazette, worked on newspaper staff since Aug. 11, 1951, also a licensed undertaker. Leaves widow Eunice, 3 daughters Michelle and Susan at home and Tamyra, Toronto, Ontario, 2 sons Clarke and Gregory and a brother Paul of Ransomville.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Aug 2010 01:58

An online tree here:

http://www.paulmangan.com/family/thecomple/pafg58.htm#1105

Says that June Patricia Mathews was born 1922, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and married Edward Francis (Frank) Mangan, 15 June 1946, Manitowaning, Manitoulin Island, Canada. They were divorced about 1950. He later married Eunice Newman. He had also previously been married to Louise Marshall in Colorado. They were divorced about 1942 in Colorado.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Aug 2010 02:09

This is interesting!

According to Mildred Mangan he was the nicest boy you ever wanted to meet before he went to the War. He was a medic in WWII and was among the people who went into "Dakow" prison camp. After that he changed dramatically.

He was married during the war to a lady named Louise who lived in Colorado. They had one child by the name of Dennis. Mildred Mangan didn't believe that Ed ever saw his son. Louise left Ed right after the baby was born. It is a subject that has never been discussed in length.

However, one day when Brit went over to Grandma Grace's, he found her crying. Brit asked her why and she let him read a letter from a woman name Tamra Mangan from Germany. Apparantly Ed had been married in Germany and when it ca me time to return to the states after the war she refused to come back with him. The marriage was annulled by the army. She was writing to tell Grandma Grace that she had a child by Ed and wanted to let him know. She wasn't tryi ng to make trouble but she wanted to let Ed and Grandma Grace know. That may have been the reason that Louise left.

Ed married June Matthews and had one daughter named Tamra. Ed named Tamra after his German wife. This may have led to the breakup of June and Ed. Ed put Frank for a middle name on his Wedding certificate in Canada.

Then Ed married Eunice and had 2 boys and 2 girls.

From this site:

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/m/a/n/Paul-Mangan/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0113.html

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Aug 2010 13:15

Nudge.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 26 Aug 2010 13:36

I wonder whether Sean maybe knows the info in that last post and hadn't chosen to post it here. Some of those people will be living now, of course; presumably they know that the person whose web page that is has put their personal info on line. And we don't actually know Sean's connection with any of them ...

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Aug 2010 13:42

I doubt it, Sean didn't even know the name of Tamyra's father nor that they married in Canada not New York state.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 26 Aug 2010 14:09

Yeah, it just strikes me as all a little personal to be putting around the net. That person has done, of course, but a link would suffice.

More googling finds that Edward and June married on Manitoulin Island, so once again, a connection to the Bruce Peninsula (Wiarton) area and the telephone listing I suggested ... but then, the surname isn't that uncommon ...