Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have a mary clarkson in my family tree

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 1 Dec 2008 21:44

I have a Mary Clarkson in my tree whom got married to an Albert Turnbull and had children Albert, May and Harriet Turnbull is there anyone out there that has a Mary Clarkson born in 1887. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

Sam Report 1 Dec 2008 21:45

Where were they from and what are you hoping to find?

Claire

Claire Report 1 Dec 2008 21:48

Hoping to find more relatives to fill in my family tree. I know everyone keeps saying buy the birth certificates or the marriage certificates but surely there has to be someone out there that has the same relatives as me. So far I know that albert and Mary got married in preston and as far as I know they lived in Darwen, but not sure.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 1 Dec 2008 22:31

unfortunately Albert & Mary married in the registry office so there are no church records we can look up which might have named her father

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1906
TURNBULL Albert
CLARKSON Mary
Preston Register Office or Registrar Attended

Pam

Pam Report 1 Dec 2008 22:36

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1906 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarkson Mary Preston 8e 915
GRAHAM Mary Elizabeth Preston 8e 915
RYAN John William Preston 8e 915
Turnbull Albert Preston 8e 915

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 1 Dec 2008 22:38

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1911
TURNBULL Harriet Darwen

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1908
TURNBULL May Darwen

can't find an Albert

Claire

Claire Report 1 Dec 2008 22:44

Albert turnbull was in the war but didnt die in the war which is mention on the turnbull topics, may turnbull was born 1908 and died 1981 she married a philip longton, harriet was born 1911 i think and died 2004 roundabouts. I dont know much about albert junior apart from he had a child called christine turnbull dont know her mum but know he had another partner with children mark and albert turnbull. but was wanting more information on mary clarkson before getting a birth certificate as cant afford to keep buying certificates. Thankyou again for all information received.

Pam

Pam Report 1 Dec 2008 22:44

Births Mar 1924 (99%)

Turnbull Albert Clarkson Blackburn 8e 597

Pam

Pam Report 1 Dec 2008 22:47

If you don't want to purchase their marriage certificate (which would give you Mary's age and father's name) you will have to wait for the 1911 census to get further information on her.

Children's birth certificates would only give mother's maiden name....which you already know.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 1 Dec 2008 22:48

the one certificate it may be worth buying is Mary's marriage which would give her age and her father. She could then be perhaps found on a census.
As she married in Preston that might be her home town and if so the mother's maiden name will be on the lancashire bmd site (only happens for Preston & Oldham)

Claire

Claire Report 17 Jan 2009 00:14

i havent ordered the marriage certificate yet but i paid for credits and checked the 1911 census and I now know that Albert Turnbull was age 30 and Definately born in Darwen and his birth was transcribed in the 1881 census as Robert instead of Albert. Also Mary Clarkson whom he married in Preston in 1906 was also born in Preston about 1887 as in the 1911 census it says age 24. Also had May and Harriet with them as well. I wouldnt use the 1911 census again unless I was desperate to find information as its well expensive even with credits on find my past i could use them on the 1911 census which i thought you could. Im glad I paid but Im definately gunna try and not pay again. Thankyou to everyone out there that has helped me on any of my threads.

Claire

Claire Report 17 Jan 2009 07:55

n

Claire

Claire Report 17 Jan 2009 19:03

n

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 18 Jan 2009 16:04

There are these 3 Mary Clarkson's born in Preston reg district 1886/87
to to be sure to get the right one you really need her fathers name unless you know her mother's maiden name already. If you knew her father's name (from the marriage cert?) you could look for a marriage with one of the ladies listed below

Births Jun 1886
CLARKSON Mary Agnes Preston 8e 655
mothers maiden name Clarkson

Births Sep 1886
Clarkson Mary Gertrude Preston 8e 600
mother's maiden name Crook

Births Sep 1887
CLARKSON Mary Preston 8e 663
mother's maiden name Chapman

Claire

Claire Report 24 May 2011 23:26

Thomas Clarkson Flagger and Slater

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 24 May 2011 23:56

sorry Claire - I do not quite understand what you mean by that last post

Claire

Claire Report 28 May 2011 00:30

Sorry lancashireAnn

I was going through posts and Mary Clarkson 1887. Her Dad was Thomas Clarkson and was alive in 1906 Occupation was Flagger and Slater.

Albert Turnbull 1881. His dad Robert Turnbull was Deceased.

Albert Turnbull lived on St Mary's Street in Preston at time of Marriage and I am not to sure on the street for Mary Clarkson

mgnv

mgnv Report 28 May 2011 06:10

This looks like the right dad

1881 Household:
Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability
Thomas CLARKSON Head M Male 29 Preston, Lancashire, England Flagger
Jane CLARKSON Wife M Female 32 Chorley, Lancashire, England
Lizzie CLARKSON Daur Female 7 Oldham, Lancashire, England
William H. CLARKSON Son Male 8 Liverpool
Ada CLARKSON Daur Female 3 Liverpool
Thomas CLARKSON Son Male 12 m Liverpool
Source Information:
Dwelling 63 Butler St
Census Place West Derby, Lancashire, England
Family History Library Film 1341887
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 3707 / 66
Page Number 10

I don't have any sub, but I can see the family is somewhere in Preston Trinity in 1891, and seems to have lost Thomas, but acquired
Thos Albert Clarkson a=8,
Charles Clarkson a=6 pob=Preston,
Mary Clarkson a=4 pob=Preston

Jane's MS is problematic - both these records might fit

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1884
Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Mother's Maiden Name Reference
CLARKSON Charles Trinity Preston MALET TR/17/59

Marriages Dec 1873 (>99%)
CLARKSON Thomas Garstang 8e 982
DEWHURST Jane Garstang 8e 982
Hothersall Elizabeth Garstang 8e 982
Hothersall John Garstang 8e 982

It might help to know Thos Albert Clarkson pob.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 28 May 2011 13:38

the 1873 marriage - to Elizabeth Hothersall

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1873
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
CLARKSON Thomas HOTHERSALL Elizabeth Garstang Register Office or Registrar Attended Preston GARS/3/90

Jane married John Hothersall

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 28 May 2011 13:56

Baptisms: 27 Mar 1874 All Saints, Preston, Lancashire, England
Lizzie Clarkson - Child of Thomas Clarkson & Jane
Born: 25 Feb 1874
Abode: 21 Bispham St.
Baptised by: R. Turner
Register: Baptisms 1866 - 1876, Page 70, Entry 558
Source: LDS Film 1544765

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1874
Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Mother's Maiden Name Reference