Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard H Eagles

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Posy

Posy Report 11 Mar 2012 17:28

Richard H Eagles born in Plymouth 1955 to parents Peggy Barnett and Frederick Eagles, trying to find out if he married and had a family? Any help much appreciated - thank you -

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Mar 2012 17:45

There is a marriage for someone of that name, but later than one would expect and completely away from that area.

Posy

Posy Report 11 Mar 2012 17:49

Yes is it the one in 1990 to Sally Bickerstaff? I can't find any links to connect it to my Richard Eagles???

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Mar 2012 18:09

That's the one...........

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Mar 2012 19:07

There is another Richard H. Eagles born in the area of the marriage, so I don't think it is yours.
Jan

Posy

Posy Report 11 Mar 2012 19:09

Thank you for your help anyway - Posy

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Mar 2012 19:26

What happened to Frederick and Peggy? Not seeing any sign of them.

Rose

Posy

Posy Report 11 Mar 2012 19:36

Peggy died in 2005 Chichester but Frederick is a mystery, Peggy and Frederick married in the 50's but must have divorced as she went back to the name of Barnett from her first marriage as that was her name at death.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Mar 2012 19:56

Could Richard have been adopted or be under the name Barnett?

Peggy's death cert. might list him as an informant.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Mar 2012 19:58

There's a Lesley Barnett listed at the same address as a Peggy W Barnett in Chichester for the 2002 electoral roll. Does that mean anything?

Rose

Posy

Posy Report 11 Mar 2012 19:58

No he wasn't adopted the parents married but there seems to be no sign of Richard or Fredrick Eagles now very strange perhaps they both left the country???

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Mar 2012 21:30

But Barnett was her maiden name surely? .
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Mar 2012 21:46

Are you certain Richard is their son? I ask because the MMN on the record is Barnett but her maiden name is Pratt I believe.

She and Frederick married in 1965.

Linked thread? (if I have got this all wrong I apologise and will delete all references)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1294453

Jan

Posy

Posy Report 11 Mar 2012 23:07

Hi yes she was born Pratt married Barnett in 40's then Eagles in 50's children I can find are Richard in Plymouth 1955 and Lesley in Chichester 1966 that's all. Why she died as Barnett I don't know??? I can't find any trace of the Eagles husband Frederick maybe he moved abroad or chnaged his name????

Flip

Flip Report 12 Mar 2012 04:56

Do you have Richard's birth certificate to confirm the parentage? There is another Eagles/Barnett marriage in 1953, Kensington, which could be more likely to be his parents.

jax

jax Report 12 Mar 2012 06:07

You should have stuck to one thread so people could see what has been found before.

Name: Peggy W J Barnett
Spouse Surname: Eagles
Date of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1965
Registration district: Chichester
Inferred County: Sussex
Volume Number: 5h
Page Number: 1046
Find Spouse: Find Spouse

Births Sep 1922 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pratt Peggy W J Baron Wandsworth 1d 1209

Marriages Dec 1947 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barnett Thomas E Pratt Surrey Mid.E. 5g 535
Pratt Peggy W Barnett Surrey Mid E. 5g 535

Death matches the birth

Name: Peggy Winifred J Barnett
Birth Date: 19 Aug 1922
Date of registration: Mar 2005
Age at Death: 82
Registration district: Chichester
Inferred County: Sussex
Register number: 15AD
District and Subdistrict: 779/1A
Entry number: 47

If she married Frederick Eagles in 1965 also her maiden name was Pratt ,so as Flip says the birth of Richard probably belongs to another couple anyway.

The only way of finding out is to purchase the marriage cert for 1965

Bit confused over Lesleys birth to be honest...maybe Frederick was not on the scene after the marriage?? or there was more than one Peggy W J

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 12 Mar 2012 08:47

There is a Peggy W and a Peggy W.J. - have put on other thread - and my feeling is these are getting tangled up together.
It might help if we knew the starting point for this query.
Jan

Posy

Posy Report 12 Mar 2012 08:52

Hi yes think now it has got a bit tangled up, start at the marriage of Frederick Eagles to Peggy Barnett in 1965, need to work from there and se if any children born - soz for all confusion -

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 12 Mar 2012 08:54

Posy, do remember that when you search for births you must use her maiden name not Barnett! Good luck.
Have you also checked to see if any other members share these relatives by using 'search trees' above?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 12 Mar 2012 08:59

Just one more thought - she didn't marry Fred till she was about 43/44 so you might not find any offspring!