Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still looking for people if your stuck!

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 May 2010 12:41

Well my first weekend off work in ages and i'm bored already.

Are you looking for anyone? Can i help with a stubborn ancestor?

I have a good range of access to data, and am willing to do look ups.

Please mention if you have a thread already here, if thats the case please mention what has already been found for you.

I need as much info as you have.... i'm not going to be chasing anyones tales, including my own. So Names, ages, places, occupations..... inc last known location/husband/wife

...... and please be clear about the answers you want !

Yes Ginny i know, i know.... but i can't help myself!! LOL

Tracey x

Gee

Gee Report 22 May 2010 14:01

Do something useful like 'hop scotch'

x

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 May 2010 14:05

LOL, does that require me moving from my pc?

T x

Dea

Dea Report 22 May 2010 14:16

She can't do 'hop scotch' with a poorly foot Ginny !

Dea x

Gee

Gee Report 22 May 2010 14:22

Yep...exactly Dea Dea

T...you've got mail

x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 22 May 2010 14:27

She can't play hopscotch but she could be ironing sitting down - that would alleviate her boredom!! We could all send our ironing to her...:))

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 May 2010 14:31

Fancy looking for a DAVIES.....in Wales?

Gwyn

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 May 2010 15:05

Throw em at me Gwyn,

I'm stuck here with a kna**ered foot, and can't do much.....

I think they are all out in the sun today, the boards are quiet!

T x

Dozey

Dozey Report 22 May 2010 15:25

Hi

I couldn't offer much but if you are that bored and if you are willing and able to do 1911 look-ups I could offer a couple. Have asked for quite a few already so have held these two back.

Jeanie

Edit: See you've really got something to get your teeth into so do not worry about mine. I'll check in later.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 May 2010 15:27

OK......
I am looking for the death of Hannah DAVIES before 1911 census, when her husband Alfred DAVIES is shown as a widower.
His youngest son in 1911 is Albert aged 4, so Hannah must have died since his birth and be of child-bearing age( ish)

In 1911 Alfred and his sons lived at 9 Chapel Terrace Pontycymmer, ...which comes under Bridgend, Glamorgan area.

I would expect Hannah's death to be in Bridgend registration district, as she lived up the valleys and it wasn't easy to travel east or west.

I'm not sure where Hannah was born, - she changed her mind at each census, but she was shown to be 21 when she married as Hannah PARRY in Bridgend R.O. in May 1886.
Her father was supposedly Edgar PARRY (deceased) , a carpenter.
Alfred was 23....I know all about him and can track him back, b. in Madley, Herefordshire in 1862.

So....
Hannah PARRY hasn't been found with a father Edgar, ( did she invent him, although one of her sons later had that name)
I can't find a suitable father ,Edgar in any census.

She MAY be a servant in Bridgend in 1881 census

1883, ..married Alfred DAVIES

1891 4 Mountpleasant, Bettws, Glamorgan........married

Help to give her a beginning and end would be great.

Thank you.

Gwyn

springtime

springtime Report 22 May 2010 17:01

hi wayne/tracey
very kind of you
i am looking for the birth of linley cliverton kuhl on the death cerf it says born 19 july 1915 but cant finf it anywere many thanks
oh and hope the foot is getting better
jill

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 May 2010 17:24

OK, by my calculations she would have been between 38 and 42 when she had Albert.

Alfred is a Widower in 1911, the most Hannah could have been is 46 or so. (if she died immediately before the census)

I have done a search of all the Hannah Davies dying in Glamorganshire, based on this age & dates range (ie. 38 - 46 and 1906 to 1911)

No deaths for 1906
Deaths Sep 1907 - Davies Hannah 40 Llanelly 11a 502
Deaths Mar 1907 - DAVIES Hannah 44 Llanelly 11a 747
Deaths Dec 1907 - DAVIES Hannah 46 Pontardawe 11a 560
Deaths Dec 1908 - Davies Hannah Sophia 41 Swansea 11a 569
Deaths Sep 1908 - DAVIES Hannah 45 Llanelly 11a 579
No deaths for 1909
>>Deaths Sep 1910 - Davies Hannah 42 Pontypridd 11a 283
Deaths Dec 1911 - Davies Hannah 46 Llanelly 11a 1115

There is no indication Hannah had a middle name so the Hannah Sophia seems unlikely.

The one i like the most is the Pontypridd one. Could hannah have had something wrong which required a visit to a major hospital ? Or could her husband / relative have registered her death at an office covered by another district. Pontypridd not being a million miles away?

Let me know your thoughts

Tracey x

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 May 2010 17:29

Springtime,

Where was Linley from? Does it indicate on the death cert a place of birth?

Tracey x

springtime

springtime Report 22 May 2010 17:34

hi
no not sure were linley was born but he died in carmathen carmathenshire wales in 1999

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 May 2010 17:37

Do you have the actual cert?

T x

springtime

springtime Report 22 May 2010 17:40

no i dont only what i found on here

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 May 2010 17:44

Thanks for that Tracey.
I agree that of those possible, Pontypridd is the most likely, the others being perhaps too near the coast.?
Another alternative would be if for some reason the death missed being recorded onto the GRO master list, but is recorded locally.
I think I might contact the Bridgend office before I take a plunge with the Pontpridd certificate.

Many thanks for your thoughts..... and if you should happen to spot Edgar the carpenter, I'd love to know please !

Keep resting that foot. I hope it's soon better.

Gwyn

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 May 2010 17:47

Springtime,

You will need to order the cert from the GRO. This will give you his place of birth along with the full date (assuming the informant knew it)

Without the cert you are not in full receipt of the facts!

There is a very good chance as i cannot find a marriage or birth that this person came from abroad and settled here.

Tracey x

springtime

springtime Report 22 May 2010 17:49

i will order it now and thank you for takeing the time to help

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 22 May 2010 17:50

Hey Gwyn,

I shall look for Edgar now.... you think he was a figment of her imagination?

Who were the witness's on the marriage? Do they give any clues?

It's also possible i suppose she's move in with a family member when she took ill and her death could be registered there??, which i have to say is an impossible find!

T x