Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael John Augustus Howells

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 May 2010 14:30

My name is Jackie. I was born in 1966.

I am trying to find any relatives of MICHAEL JOHN AUGUSTUS HOWELLS (born c1938) He is my estranged father and i am hoping I may have some brothers/sisters/cousins etc out there somewhere.

In particular RAYMOND HOWELLS who i believe was his son by a previous marriage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 15 May 2010 14:46

Have you tried tracing other members of his family and trying to find a sibling of his?

Tracey x

Dea

Dea Report 15 May 2010 14:52

Have sent pm with marriages + possible sibling.

Dea x

Mary

Mary Report 15 May 2010 15:00

Maybe you should delete your other thread so we don't get confused.

And may i say it doesn't take much these days.

Maryb

Dea

Dea Report 15 May 2010 15:18

Have sent details of possible marriage of Michael's parents by pm.

Dea x

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 15 May 2010 15:27

Dea

I have done a possible search on Michael's parents and their marriage.....seems his mother married 3 times!!

I cannot be sure i have found any other children other than Michael from these marriages!

Tracey x

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 15 May 2010 15:29

Seems his father married 3 times too!!!

T x

Dea

Dea Report 15 May 2010 15:33

Hi Tracey,

There are LOTS of marriages here - I am still working on it!

Can you pm me what you have as it's all a bit recent. It will save me looking for the ones I haven't found yet.

Thanks,

Dea x

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 15 May 2010 15:38

I have just PM'd you a likely child for your thoughts.

Will send the marriages now.

T x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 May 2010 15:47

sorry folks.... am new to this as you have probably gathered..... have deleted the Raymond Howells thread.

thanks for all your help, you are brilliant.

Jackie x

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 15 May 2010 15:56

Jacqueline.

Michael's parents are causing some headaches for us!

Usually we would try and find siblings to a marriage and then search their descendancy to get to someone you could possibly speak to today. Sadly his parents have both remarried several times and this is creating the headache.

Dea and myself and currently trying to fight thru and maze of names to try and find some relevant data for you.

I *may* have found another sibling, however i have given the data for Dea to analyse more.

With these things it's best not to rush!

Tracey x

Dea

Dea Report 15 May 2010 17:39

Sorry Jackie,

Just to say that Tracey and I are still working on this. - e-mails are going back and forth 'like no-bodies business'

We do not wish to exclude you but would like to sort out the actual facts before we give you the info, otherwise it will only confuse.

We WILL sort it!!

Dea Xxx

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 15 May 2010 18:58

you ladies rock!

i would still be floundering about getting very disheartened if it wasn't for you.........

i will do some pottering about on tree searches in the meantime....

jackie x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 May 2010 10:35

good morning GR community.... another day of cyber searching.

It did occur to me that it is possible someone might be looking for me! so I thought I had better post my full birth name in the hope that it would come up on a search.

I'm going to try my theory by searching myself and see what comes up....

JACQUELINE LOUISE HOWELLS (b 1966)

Dea

Dea Report 16 May 2010 10:46

Hi,

I'm still working on it.

I thought you might like to take a look at this site:

http://www.rgreen.org.uk/Osborn.html

Not much on your father's side I am afraid but it does take the Osborn branch back for generations !!

Always take care though on such sites - some are very accurate but some do not bother to 'prove' their information.

I am sure you will find it of interest though.

Dea x

P.S. - I'm just going to speak to Tracy to confirm then I believe we can give you some details on an Uncle and
'possible' cousins.

Dea x

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 16 May 2010 13:36

Sorry Jacqueline

The delay today has been my fault, i work really weird hours and so end up living in a very strange timezone!

Dea has been in contact with me this morning and we are trying to condense the data we have found.

I have asked Dea if she doesn't mind being your main contact point purely because of my work schedule. I'm in work from 4 this afternoon until about middnight (might be earlier) and then i'm back in at 9am tomorrow morning, so depending on how work goes i might be here or i might just crash straight to bed!

There are some exciting times ahead for you possibly.... just remember to take your time!

Tracey x

Dea

Dea Report 16 May 2010 16:10

Info sent through Tracey!

How are you doing Jackie???

Dea Xxx

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 May 2010 16:36

i am very excited about developments so far....

lovely helpers Dea and Tracey discovered that my paternal grandfather had in fact re-married and had another child (my half uncle).

He has sadly passed, but it is possible he may have had two children.

Doing a bit of tree searching has revealed a common link with three of the relevant names... to one particular tree owner.

I have fired off an email on the off-chance that she may in fact be my cousin!

Dea

Dea Report 16 May 2010 16:44

Hope it connects Jackie,

Keep us up to date !!!

Dea Xxx

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 16 May 2010 23:35

Hey Jackie,

I may have possibly found an address and phone number for one of the children to the possible Uncle.

I have passed the data to Dea for her to check first. I'd hate to think we've made any errors.

Remembering we don't as yet have any proof these people are related to you, i'd hate for you to go wading in knee deep for it to turn out they are completely unrelated.

There is also the chance the family on that side is as broken as your side and the children/wife involved are in the same boat as you are with your own father.

There is still an element of caution involved here, and while i understand it must be frustrating knowing someone might have answers for you and we are delaying them, it's for the good of all those involved. I'd hate to give you hope only for us to be wrong.

I have suggested to Dea that if she is happy with the data i have found, i am happy for her to relay this to yourself tomorrow while i'm at work....

Good luck

Tracey x