Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can anyone search census 1933???

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 13 Apr 2008 21:29

phyllis m bishop in tiptoe new forest or molyneux rd ashley mothers name also bishop

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2008 21:31

No such thing as 1933 census.........

Censuses are taken every ten years..1841 onwards.

The most recent one to which the public have access is 1901.

Reg

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 13 Apr 2008 21:34

The 1931 census was destroyed in a fire in WW2

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2008 21:36

Based on previous threads, I think Phyllis was probably a baby at the time...........so ER's won't show her

Emma

Emma Report 13 Apr 2008 21:43

is there any other way i can find her or her mother then?? elect rolls?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2008 21:45

Do you wish merely to locate her in 1933?

Unless Phyliis was over 21 in 1933, she will not be on an ER

Emma

Emma Report 13 Apr 2008 22:05

reggie my brother has said that she lived with her mother in tiptoe.her mother dads gran is the one who looked after him till she became to ill i want to find phyllis mary bishops mother so i can trace from her phyllis married in 1936 i cant find death ect for her allthough i know she died young and had married edward harrison i have been told by my brother he thinks she remarried and dad had said to me once i was a s*** like my gran lol not one of his best days i have to add

Emma

Emma Report 13 Apr 2008 22:05

i will add i wasnt a s??? lol

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2008 22:07

Soph has given you the advice you need.............

Emma

Emma Report 13 Apr 2008 22:07

in answer to ? yes reggie around 1933 or 1942 after edward i have tried looking for another marrage for phyllis but cant find one

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2008 22:09

Emma

To find out her mother's name........all you need to do is buy her birth cert...........

You know when she married.....the cert has her age on it.........work out from that when she was born.....and look for the birth registration..........

Someone telling you they 'think' she re-married is no help, unless you can find a death for husband number one....then look thereafter for a possible re-marriage............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2008 22:11

Didn't someone find you the birth reg'n when you asked before about this woman........use the info provided to order the cert................

Emma

Emma Report 13 Apr 2008 22:34

no havent got her birth reggie i am awaitting mar cert at the mo i would look at elec roll but live 400 miles away from hampshire i am new to this and may appear thick at times but i have had virual enchifilitous which has left me with problems such as awfull spelling and weakness in one side

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Apr 2008 11:30

Your best bet is to wait for the marriage cert, and find out her age.........then you can look for a birth

I thought someone had found a possible birth.......obviously I was mistaken. Sorry about that.

Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Apr 2008 11:33

You stated in your other thread that Phyllis was born in 1895.........the birth reg'n was posted, together with census info.................

Reg

Emma

Emma Report 14 Apr 2008 17:18

we dont thinkthat is her as it would have meant a 21 year diffrence between her and edward harrison also i know she had died by the time she was 40 as dad was then placed into care away from his gran who had a fall and was unable to look after him then sorry for late reply was looking a graves in long sutton for someone on here

Emma

Emma Report 14 Apr 2008 17:19

we think she was born around 1917 give or take 4 years

Tiger Lil

Tiger Lil Report 14 Apr 2008 17:25

Emma,

Is this her?

Name: Phyllis Bishop
Year of Registration: 1917
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Mother's Maiden Name: Bishop
District: York
County: Yorkshire - East Riding, Yorkshire - North Riding, North Yorkshire, Yorkshire - West Riding
Volume: 9d
Page: 45

Emma

Emma Report 14 Apr 2008 17:28

it could be they could have gone south for the war?

Tiger Lil

Tiger Lil Report 14 Apr 2008 17:36

Emma,

I have found another 3, but these are the only ones with the mother's maiden name of Bishop.

Phyllis G S Bishop
Year of Registration: 1917
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Lambeth
County: Greater London, London, Surrey
Volume: 1d
Page: 670

Name: Phyllis M M Bishop
Year of Registration: 1916
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Newton Abbot
County: Devon
Volume: 5b
Page: 208

Name: Phyllis P Bishop
Year of Registration: 1912
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Falmouth
County: Cornwall
Volume: 5c
Page: 238 (click to see others on page)

It looks like it might be the second one as she has the middle initial M and was born in Newton Abbott.