Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can any one do a look up for me please

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colette

Colette Report 30 May 2008 23:59

i am trying to find my grandmothers mum and dad my grandmother was called kathleen margaret eary she was born on the 31st july 1913 at west ham died dec 1992 in southend on sea all i know is her mums maiden name was wren . if any one could find out my great grandmothers first name and great grandfathers name and dates of birth place born that would be great , many thanks

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 May 2008 00:06

Births Dec 1913
Eary Kathleen M Wren W.Ham. 4a 50

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 May 2008 00:07

However i cannot find an Eary - Wren marriage on FreeBMD... i shall go and look at the full BMD...

Tracey

Colette

Colette Report 31 May 2008 00:09

great thank you fingers crossed colette

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 May 2008 00:10

Was Kathleen the first born?

Colette

Colette Report 31 May 2008 00:11

i couldnt tell you i know she had sisters but i am not sure if she was born first . i was trying to find the other children but have had no luck

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 May 2008 00:12

Ok, first things first lets see if we can find the marriage around the time of her birth and then expand the search from there!

Colette

Colette Report 31 May 2008 00:14

ok thank you so much for your help i have been looking for months for it .. colette

Carrie

Carrie Report 31 May 2008 00:15

Possibly her Parents Marriage

Marriages Sep 1906 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eary Thomas George W. Ham 4a 105
Wrenn Caroline West Ham 4a 105

Sending for her Birth Certificate will confirm things for you

Carrie

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 May 2008 00:15

Colette

The only way to find your grandmother's parents is to buy the birth certificate.

It will cost £7

Go to www.gro.gov.uk, click on Ordering Certificates Online, follow instructions

Answer YES when they ask if you have the GRO refernece number (that's the 4a 50 after W. Ham in Tracey's find).

There is literally nowhere else that you can find this information .... information from birth, marriage or death certificates are not put onto the web.

sylvia

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 31 May 2008 00:16

Don`t know if the other 2 are related or not...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1913 (97%)

Eary Kathleen M Wren W.Ham. 4a 50

Births Sep 1919 (>99%)

Eary Hilda E Wren Romford 4a 815

Births Sep 1922 (61%)

Eary Eileen D Wren Romford 4a 937

Nicky

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 May 2008 00:20

Havng gone back thru the BMD manually, there is def no other marriage around the time of Kathleen's birth.

Sylvia's advice is now the most appropriate as there is no obvious marriage close to the birth of the child you have.

This also means that all the other child born since the suggested marriage in 1906 could be siblings to Kathleen. Again the only way to confirm these is to enter all the details onto the GRO form and specify the parentage once you have Kathleen's cert,

Tracey

Colette

Colette Report 31 May 2008 00:20

nicky thank you so much they are her sisters . you have brought tears to my eyes as at last i have found them .. would you be able to find out when they died for me ?? colette

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 31 May 2008 00:21

This is the only Thomas George Eary birth, if it turns out that it is the correct marriage, which looks pretty likely.

Births Sep 1883 (>99%)

EARY Thomas George Romford 4a 267

Nicky

Colette

Colette Report 31 May 2008 00:23

thank you very much tracey and carrie for all your help i will give it a go and see what comes back thank you once again for your time
colette

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 31 May 2008 00:23

Theres this birth for Caroline which looks quite likely....2 n`s in Wrenn again....

Births Jun 1886 (>99%)

WRENN Caroline Romford 4a 314

Nicky

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 May 2008 00:23

Colette

As females they will have died under a different name from their birth name.... thats a huge ask as we would need to go through the fulll BMD index to find the marriages....

I will have a quick look at some most likely dates and see what comes up.

Tracey

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 May 2008 00:29

Hilda H Eary married Mr James Jordon, Romford, 2Q 1941, 4a 1574

(I'll hunt for the forname in a mo, unless someone else fancies looking for the corresponding spouse?)

Tracey x

Colette

Colette Report 31 May 2008 00:30

i didnt think of that thinking about it now they would have got married some point in there lifes how silly of me i feel really dumb now ... colette

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 31 May 2008 00:36

I have come accross a Frank Eary marrying in Romford in 1945....

Maybe a relative??