Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ferriman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 26 Aug 2008 20:50

trying to find any relatives of audrey ferriman born 1918 plymouth. father arthur leslie ferriman . she married william norris
many thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2014 10:18

Births Sep 1918 (>99%)
Ferriman Audrey M Body Devonport 5b 449

Marriages Dec 1917 (>99%)
Body Muriel I Fenniman Devonport 5b 755
Fenniman Leslie A Body Devonport 5b 755 Scan available - click to view
Ferriman Leslie A H Body Devonport 5b 755

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2014 10:26

Marriages Dec 1938 (>99%)

Ferriman Audrey M Norris Devizes 5a 311
Norris William H D Ferriman Devizes 5a 311

First Name AUDREY MURIEL
Last Name NORRIS
Year 1979
Event Quarter 2
Year Of Birth 1918
Birth Month 7
Birth Day 17
District CHATHAM
County Kent
Country England
Volume 16
Page 0629
Line Number 115

patchem

patchem Report 13 Apr 2014 10:32

Eileen,

Is this also linked to your search?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1339392

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2014 10:33

Births Mar 1896 (>99%)
Body Muriel Irene Stoke D. 5b 329

Marriages Sep 1922 (>99%)
BODY Muriel I Peters Wareham 5a 739
Peters Frederick V Body Wareham 5a 739

First Name MURIEL I
Last Name PETERS
Age At Death 56
Year 1952
Event Quarter 2
Year Of Birth 1896
District SALISBURY
County Wiltshire
Country England
Volume 7C
Page 416
Line Number 121

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Apr 2014 11:03

I dug up this OLD one .....................purely as background, and have posted all the info on the new thread.

I also posted on the new thread a link to this one.

patchem

patchem Report 13 Apr 2014 12:14

I did not notice the date on this old thread as I just saw the posting by reggie and recognised the names and thought that Eileen should stick to one thread to save duplication.

I do not see the point of digging up an old thread and posting new information on it and on the new thread.

Why not just copy over the old stated information and do a link from the new thread?

The new thread asks for tips on how to search Australian records - perhaps in the 6 years since this was posted Eileen has found out lots more information and does just want tips on Australian searches?

She is using genealogy chat which surely is for hints and tips for researching, so why not take her new request at face value?

Eileen

Eileen Report 13 Apr 2014 18:39

THANKYOU all who have helped .yes I have more info Thani I did 6 years ago . I see that I put my request for help on the wrong board ,I do get confused .i probably didn't explain myself properly ,I just need advice on searching in Australia sites ect .however all you lovely people have found some for me and I am very grateful .what board should I put on? What I am hoping to find is any relatives of Leslie that live in Australia
Because I would like to know if they knew about what had happened (bigamy) or if they knew of my mother .
Once again THANKYOU for your help and please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong
Regards
Eileen

patchem

patchem Report 13 Apr 2014 19:13

If you are looking for living people it should go on Find Living Relatives.

But if you have already got lots of information from what has been posted, then keep to that thread, do not start a new one.

Advice is to see if anyone on here has any of the people in their trees, as if they have those ancestors they may be the descendants that you are trying to find.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Apr 2014 16:52

The Search for living relatives

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1339986