Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

dorothy gladys hardy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

christopher

christopher Report 17 Aug 2011 17:11

I am looking for any info about this lady who lived on the Isle of Man in 1933 on Loch promanarde , she went to cheltenham in 1935 to give birth to me, there is no father on my birth cert , I was adopted and never knew anything about her , I expect she is not alive , but there may be living relatives.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Aug 2011 17:19

Hi Christopher, welcome to the boards

this could be a connection - also check in Search Trees, top of this page for any connections on this site

Dorothy A Hardy
England and Wales Census, 1911

birth: Douglas, Isle Of Man
residence: 1911 —Conchan, Douglas, Isle Of Man, Isle Of Man
census: 1911 —Conchan, Douglas, Isle Of Man, Isle Of Man

record title: England and Wales Census, 1911
name: Dorothy A Hardy
event: Census
event date: 1911
birthplace: Douglas, Isle Of Man
record type: Household
registration district: Isle Of Man
parish: Conchan
county: Isle Of Man

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Aug 2011 17:23

I've just checked in Search Trees for Gladys but no one has her - however, if you do the check yourself and just put in Hardy, Isle of Man you will see that there are at least twenty trees on this site with Isle of Man Hardy's in their tree

It might take you while but I would suggest you contact every one of those tree owners and see if you strike lucky - not everyone will reply so be prepared for that - they may have left the site or given up on their tree - however, I would think with that many connections you will get lucky :-) :-)

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 17 Aug 2011 17:30

Travelling from the Isle of Man to Gloucestershire to have an illegitimate child seems a little strange. What was your mothers occupation shown as and her permanent address given as on your birth certificate? Unless your mother was working/living in the Cheltenham area prior to your birth I am guessing that she may have had relatives in Gloucestershire.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jul 2013 23:08

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1328770

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Aug 2013 09:41

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1329891

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Aug 2013 16:42

I'll send Christopher a friendly message on how to return to his threads. :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Aug 2013 22:27

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1330009