Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding my nans death please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 13 Jan 2012 20:26

hello

can anyone help me find my nans death details
I have her in the 1959 electoral records but she is not on the 1960, so she must have died around there,
i know she was died before i was born in 1962. but her husband (walter) is.
Her name was Annie Charlotte Turner and she lived at leighton road, kentish town, camden.
Have looked through the ancestry records but cant seem to find her, really want to send for her death certificate.

any help would be great :-S : :-)

patchem

patchem Report 13 Jan 2012 20:27

When was she born?
Thanks

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 13 Jan 2012 20:29

oops sorry 1901 in tooting, surrey. x

Andrew

Andrew Report 13 Jan 2012 20:30

Possible

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005
about Ann C Turner
Name: Ann C Turner
Birth Date: abt 1901
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1959
Age at Death: 58
Registration district: Paddington
Inferred County: London
Volume: 5d
Page: 168

Andy

patchem

patchem Report 13 Jan 2012 20:32

Have you got a marriage date so I can see if she is under Ann or Annnie or Charlotte?
Thanks

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 13 Jan 2012 20:35

would this be her as she was called Annie and not sure if she would have died in Paddington as she lived in Camden? :-S

Andrew

Andrew Report 13 Jan 2012 20:37

Is this her marriage?

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1920 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bashford Annie Turner Pancras 1b 198
Turner Walter J Bashford Pancras 1b 198

and her birth

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Births Mar 1901 (>99%)

BASHFORD Annie Charlotte Wandsworth 1d 714

Andy

patchem

patchem Report 13 Jan 2012 20:38

Probably should be St Pancras. Did she have any family in Paddington?

jax

jax Report 13 Jan 2012 20:40

Could she have died in a hospital in Paddington?

My grandparents died in a car accidents so their deaths were registered where they died not where they lived

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 13 Jan 2012 20:44

Yes she was called Annie on her marriage certificate and on the census

Annie C Bashford
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1900
Relation: Granddaughter
Mother's Name: Alice E Bashford
Where born: Tooting, Surrey, England
Civil parish: Streatham
Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary Summerstown
County/Island: London

and on the electoral lists

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 13 Jan 2012 20:48

Dont think she had family in paddington, her husband and family including her mum and nan always lived with them on the electoral :-)

thanks for your help

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 13 Jan 2012 21:03

Don't rule out the death taking place within another area. My lovely fil lived all his married life in the Birmingham area. For his last weeks he had come to live with us and we are covered by Solihull Reg District. He subsequently died in hospital covered by Birmingham Reg District and his place of residence was shown on his death cert as our address. There is no way to know for anyone looking at his death cert in the future where he had lived for all but two weeks out of fifty years. It could even have been that your Nan was visiting friends or out shopping and became ill and was admitted to a local hospital. J

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 13 Jan 2012 21:10

Sorry .......but isnt Paddington next to Camden???

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 14 Jan 2012 08:37

https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch

(Burial of Ann Charlotte Turner, St. Pancras Cemetery, 1959, on above website, pay to view)

Chris :)

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 14 Jan 2012 12:30

thank you for all your answers
, i will send of for the certificate and see if it is her, paddington is close to camden, but university college hospital is the nearest to where they lived as that is where i was born.
i think my nan died of cancer so i assumed she either died at home or in the local hospital. maybe Annies name was put on her death certificate wrongly as Ann
. I know my grandad her husband picked up a middle name somewhere along the line as he was born Walter Turner on his birth certificate and later was Walter James Turner, so anything is possible. :-)

many thanks
bev <3

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 14 Jan 2012 12:39

thanks chris for the burial records but i dont have a credit card sadly to view the rest of the record. not sure what other information it would give me.

thanks for helping.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 14 Jan 2012 19:03

We must NEVER assume anything

My dad lived in Finchley .....registry of his birth is Paddington ....we live in Berkshire and his death is registered back in Paddington!!!!!!!!

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 14 Jan 2012 20:11

This is a piece of advice I was given rather a long time ago. It stuck with me. Golly I hope you don't think I'm being nasty and commenting to you because I'm definately not. So in the hope this is received in the spirit it is posted, this is what I was told.

To ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME. xJ :-D

kidsnpets

kidsnpets Report 18 Sep 2013 20:42

could someone please check the volume and the page number in the death index for me, as I am trying to order the certificate and it keeps saying the page number is wrong. I have looked on free bmd and it says page 168, but when I put it in the GRO site it says The Page Number you have entered is not valid?
thanks x

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 18 Sep 2013 21:34

Name: Ann C Turner
Birth Date: abt 1901
Date of Registration: Jun 1959
Age at Death: 58
Registration District: Paddington
Inferred County: London
Volume: 5d
Page: 168

That's definately what it says on the actual image.

(12 other burials in the lair according to deceasedonline)