Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

look up please, staffs electoral roll 1953-1964

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2012 23:16

Can anyone help me with this please? I am looking for someone who can search the electoral roll for Tettenhall area 1953 - 1960, looking for information on my grandfather Joseph Patrick Logan. Especially a date or place of birth. I think I have "found" him (birth registry etc) but want to be sure, the address was 31 pendeford avenue although I don't know the exact year they moved in, or when he moved out. I don't know how these searches work if anyone can help please! Thank you

Lynski

Lynski Report 6 Sep 2012 23:19

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1308523

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Sep 2012 23:29

???

Lynski

Lynski Report 7 Sep 2012 00:02

It would have been best to add this to your other thread to keep all the research on one thread.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Sep 2012 09:13

ER's do not include info about anything other than name and address

When was this man born?

When and who did he marry?

Why don't you contact the appropriate library and ask them if they can carry out a search?

Having looked at your other post (duplicates are not allowed, by the way) I see you have given more info.......

As the man was born in Ireland pre-1922, he may not have been eligible to vote. he would have had to become a UK citizen in order to have that privilege