Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Warren ( Lloyd)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kgee

Kgee Report 3 Nov 2012 09:33

This is really difficult and I don't know if anyone will be able to help me. Mary Lloyd was possibly married to Joseph Warren who I am also trying to find. I have what I think is her death certificate but can't be sure because everything except her age is unknown.She was 70 when she died in 1909. I haven't found a marriage cert for her either ( perhaps they werent married) or they were married before they came out. Any information would be wonderful.

Mavis

Mavis Report 3 Nov 2012 09:43

Could do with a place or county and what you do know apart from death ????

Mavis

Mavis

Mavis Report 3 Nov 2012 09:56

Ancestry tree

Mary Lloyd born 1835 Geraldton - west Australia married at Champion Bay west Australia

Joseph Warren born 1831 Winsham Somerset he was a Convict his marriage to Mary was his second marriage.

Mavis

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Nov 2012 09:59

1841 England Census
about Joseph Warren
Name: Joseph Warren
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1831
Where born: Somerset, England

Civil parish: Winsham
Hundred: East Kingsbury
County/Island: Somerset

Street Address:

Registration district: Chard
Sub-registration district: Chard
Neighbors: View others on page
Piece: 949
Book: 10
Folio: 15
Page Number: 22
Household Members: Name Age
David Warren 45
Elizabeth Warren 45
John Warren 20
David Warren 15
Thomas Warren 12
Susan Warren 20
Joseph Warren 10

Kgee

Kgee Report 3 Nov 2012 10:07

Yes that is the right Joseph.. I know they had three children, Joseph David,b 1866, Georgina b 1868 and Aubrey Albert b 1874. All born Champion Bay Victoria Plains areas. Unfortunately thats all I know. There is no information at all about her on any of the certs I have for the children.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Nov 2012 10:10

??

Australian Convict Transportation Registers – Other Fleets & Ships, 1791-1868
about Joseph Warren
Name: Joseph Warren
Vessel: William Hammond
Convicted Date: 28 Jan 1854
Voyage Date: 3 Jan 1856
Colony: Western Australia
Place of Conviction: Guernsey

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Nov 2012 10:13

Unknown...........

Please always include location info when asking for help (ideally in the title) ....makes it easier for everyone.

Kgee

Kgee Report 3 Nov 2012 10:26

Sorry, all the info I have is from western australian records.

Stuart

Stuart Report 3 Nov 2012 10:42

Related thread
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1313325?page=1

Kgee

Kgee Report 3 Nov 2012 10:51

I am looking for both of these people. I now know a lot more thanks to help here about Joseph except where he died and is buried but dont know much at all about Mary, his wife.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Nov 2012 11:37

According to a tree on Ancestry........Mary was born in Geraldton West Australia.

Kgee

Kgee Report 3 Nov 2012 12:35

How would I be able to get a copy of her birth record? The W.A. records only start at 1841.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Nov 2012 12:43

As she was born in Australia........i have no idea.

Hopefully someone with knowledge of Australian records might see this and give you some advice.

Kgee

Kgee Report 3 Nov 2012 18:31

Thank you for your help. Hopefully someone local will know.

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 3 Nov 2012 19:43

There's the death of a Joseph WARRENER aged 52 in 1882, registration no. 11366 which could be the right person.

No, Joseph Warrener was married to an Ellen Smith :-( :-(

There was also a Joseph Warren married to Mary Shaw, just to add further confusion.

Kgee

Kgee Report 3 Nov 2012 19:52

It's very frustrating . I need Mary Lloyd's birth record but don't know how to go about it.

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 3 Nov 2012 19:54

Not on line by the look of it:

Compulsory registration of births, deaths and marriages started in Western Australia in September 1841. Previously the churches assumed responsibility for recording details of baptisms, burials and marriages. The J S Battye Library in Perth, which is part of the State Library of Western Australia, has certain church records prior to 1841.
http://www.bdm.dotag.wa.gov.au/f/family_history.aspx

Kgee

Kgee Report 4 Nov 2012 04:27

Thanks for your help. Looks like I will have to contact the Battye Library. Unless someone else comes up with something.