Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Allard

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 21:56

Hello. Is there anyone who can help me find either a Colleen Allard,or Colleen Shelley born between 1930 and 1938 in England.
Thanking you Marilyn

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Mar 2013 22:00

Find in what sense ?

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 22:02

When she was born and what was her mothers maiden name please.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Mar 2013 22:04

No idea if relevant or not

Marriages Jun 1940 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allard Thomas C Shelley Dorchester 5a 1363
Shelley Janet L Allard Dorchester 5a 1363

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Mar 2013 22:04

Not seeing a Colleen born in that time scale with either of those surnames? will check again if you are sure of the possible years?

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 22:07

That is my husbands mother and father marriage.Has to be those years.With a name like Colleen do you think she could have been born in Ireland.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 4 Mar 2013 22:08

Hi Marilyn

Perhaps you can give us information on how you came up with her name in the first place??

Edit: Ah, we cross posted.

Who did she marry?..........and when and where did the marriage take place?

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 22:12

Husband had a sister named Colleen.She could of been his mothers or his fathers as she was older than him but as he was put in a home when he was little he has no idea what her last name was.He had an older sister born in 1939 who was born a Shelley and she said Colleen was older than her.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Mar 2013 22:13

Marilyn, was the sister born 1939 Kathleen?

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 22:15

No Pauline.

alviegal

alviegal Report 4 Mar 2013 22:18

There is a tree on ancestry with a Margaret Ann Bindley as Thomas's other wife. They had 2 sons and a daughter, I think.

I think she was a second wife as another tree has Jean V Allard, 1941-1996 as a daughter with Janet.

Margaret's children are born in 1944 and 1947 and unknown.

EDIT Another tree has the above children as Bindleys and the third child born 1954 as an Allard.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 4 Mar 2013 22:22

Was Pauline born in Westminster..........with MMN Shelley.......with a middle initial of "R"?

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 22:27

Pauline was born in Westminster and Jean is my husbands other sister. The only thing that I can think of is his father must have been married to somebody else before 1940. He was 27 when he married Janet Shelley so it is possible.She was only 20 when they married so she would be a bit young..

alviegal

alviegal Report 4 Mar 2013 22:29

These trees mentioned above only have 3 children born to Janet Louise Shelley. 2 daughters and a son.

If Pauline 1939 and Jean V 1941 are the daughters and your husband is the son, where does Colleen come in?

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 22:30

That tree would most likely be mine. He was never married to Margaret Ann Bindley as I couldnt find a marriage for them.The children that they had would be my husbands half brother and sister but I am trying to find out if Colleen was Raymonds mother.

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 22:33

Collen was another sister who was put in the home with them.My husband was born in 1942.

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 22:39

Are there electrol rolls for the years 1930 to 1935 in England because then I would be able to see if his father had a wife with him then.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 4 Mar 2013 22:58

I have to admit that i have completely lost the plot on this one!

I will check back on here tomorrow.

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 4 Mar 2013 23:01

Thank you anyway for your help I think I will give up on Collen and Janet they dont come up anywhere.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Mar 2013 23:01

Thomas was born Shoreditch I take it from the age you give, there IS a Thomas on the electoral reg for 1934- 39 but not sure if that might be Thomas's father? Do you have the marriage cert for Thomas and Janet for their fathers names?