Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Annie Smith - Adopted Daughter 1930's - Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rhianelewis

rhianelewis Report 14 Apr 2013 15:26

Hello,
Sorry was unable to get to a computer yesterday, we believe the address on the birth certificate was a place where young mothers had their children as the owner was classed as a monthly nurse previously on a census we found? My friend is in the process of trying to get the adoption file, I was just hoping that it may have rang bells to someone really.
Thanks

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 13 Apr 2013 13:08

New poster - friendly message on how to return to thread sent. :-)

Flip

Flip Report 13 Apr 2013 06:07

Was your friend ever given access to the adoption file?

The only possible way I can think of to get any further with this would be to check the electoral registers for whatever address was on the birth certificate - see if there were other family members living there a couple of years either side of the birth.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Apr 2013 20:24

linked thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1188821?page=4

on page 5

rhianelewis

rhianelewis Report 12 Apr 2013 19:35

Hi All,

I know I have tried to find out information before on Annie Smith, but my account is nearly up and am not sure if I am going to renew, so before I do one last shot!

This is probably more aimed at any other children she may have had or nieces/nephews.

Annie Smith had a daughter in West Derby Liverpool in the early 1930's, the daughter was adopted a few months later, if this sounds familiar to anyone could you message me please.

Thank you!