Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Barnes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 13 Oct 2014 09:43

Hi I,ve been trying to find my Grandfather on my Fathers side for many yrs without any luck because I know very little about him except his name was William Barnes [common name I Know ] D O B 1884---1938 prob.born Essex/ Suffolk he lived with Maud/e Lily Playle whom I know a lot about in Thurrock Essex They had 4 children Thomas [my late father] Winifred .Rose and William [Who died shortly after birth] I have been down many Avenues without success.I was wondering as I have left it some time if there is some one out there with fresh eyes/ears that can advice or help me ,or better still if someone is hitting the same hard wall that I am and could be part of my family.

Many thanks
Yvonne

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Oct 2014 09:52

If he didn't marry, you have no way of finding out who his father was.

When was his eldest child born?

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 13 Oct 2014 09:52

Did you have other 'Threads' relating Yvonne?, rings a bell!.

Chris :)

(look to left of page, under 'Tools', then 'My Threads', they should be there)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Oct 2014 09:53

I was checking as you typed, Chris...........lol

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1322556

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 13 Oct 2014 09:56

Births Jun 1883 (>99%)
-----------------------------------------------------
BARNES William Risbridge 4a 565

(remembered above, if him!)

Chris :)

edits

To check if anyone else is researching names, top right of page, under 'Search', then 'Search All Member Trees'.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Oct 2014 09:58

It seems that there are other threads as well, having looked at the one I refer to above

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 13 Oct 2014 11:11

Hi thanks for all your replies ,The eldest child D O B 1914. I have just been into all members trees doesn't seem as if any one else is researching the same family. Doesn't seem as if I will have any more luck until another census is released ,as I said have been trying for over 5yrs and without a marriage cant go any further but I am grateful for you trying.

Many thanks for the effort
Yvonne