Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Clara Thomlinson, born in 1850, in Hull.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 11 Mar 2017 02:56

I have tried to find information about Clara Thomlinson, born in Hull, Yorkshire in 1850. It is a possibility that she was my 2x great grandmother. In the 1871 census record, Clara was listed as a boarder, living at 12 Cottage Row, off English Street, in the Myton registration district of Hull. Clara was a dressmaker, aged 21, according to the census record and was single. She was apparently unrelated to the home owner, who was Matilda Chilvers, a married woman,

I can not find any other records relating to Clara...no birth, marriage, death or any other census records, which is puzzling..... even with the spelling: Tomlinson. If anyone has any suggestions where else to look, I would be very appreciative. Of course, it could be that there have been transcription errors, but even with wild card searches, nothing comes up.. Thank you for any help .

Gillian.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Mar 2017 06:24

Where is Clara recorded to make you think she might be your ancestor?

Is she on a child's birth certificate or baptism entry perhaps?

K

K Report 11 Mar 2017 06:26

I can't see her either at the moment. Could you post details of who you think she might be in a later census to help the search? Does 2x greatgrandmother's marriage cert help with a father?? Edit -Sorry you mention no marriage record

Thanks Kay

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 11 Mar 2017 07:11

For reference, Clara was on below 'Thread', which related to Thomas Dean I believe.

Chris :)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1334732

Chris Ho :) Report Edit Delete 4 Dec 2013 09:05

1871 (Reference)
CHILVERS, Matilda Wife F 21 1850 Lincolnshire (Sailors Wife)
MORLEY, Sarah Mother F 67 1804 Lincolnshire
THOMLINSON, Clara Boarder F 21 1850 Yorkshire
DEAN, Thomas Boarder M 3 1868 Yorkshire
Piece: 4791
Folio: 177
Page: 15
Registration District: Hull
Civil Parish: Holy Trinity
Municipal Borough: Kingston upon Hull
Address: Cottage Row, Holy Trinity, Kingston Upon Hull
County: Yorkshire

Marriages Mar 1868 (>99%)
----------------------------------------------------
Chilvers Robert William Hull 9d 272
Morley Matilda Marana Hull 9d 272

Deaths Mar 1925 (>99%)
------------------------------------------------
Chilvers Matilda M 76 Hull 9d 372

http://www.yorkshirebmd.org.uk/

(above covers Hull, but not seeing on there, only the Clara Emma Tomlinson 1852, who is with Father Joseph, 1871)

Dea

Dea Report 11 Mar 2017 09:43

If you think she might be your 2 x Great grandmother, who was your 2 x Great grandfather and what details do you have on him and his children please?

Dea x