Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for an ancestor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 20 Sep 2023 15:11

I am looking for information about my Brother who was born in 1927, in Horncastle Lincolnshire England. The last we heard of him was a message that he was getting married again to a lady of similar age who he meet in a sheltered accommodation in Trellis House Colliers Wood Wimbledon London SW 19 27E.
My brother's name is Mr Ronald C. Robinson.
An article was entered in the Wimbledon Guardian about this marriage on Thursday October 6 2011, and although I have repeatedly asked this news paper for any information, they have not even replied. So I am asking the wider population for any help in finding anything more about my brother.
I am Mr Barry J D Wilson aged 85 years from Lincoln England, and my Email is
" [email protected] "

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Sep 2023 15:25

Barry
First point.........please remove your e-mail address. NOT allowed on the boards, and very unwise to risk your safety

You can apply for a copy of the marriage cert, but I'm not sure how it would help.............the only info on it that you don't already have would be the name of the bride, and her father.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/app_ew_marriage_la.asp?APPLICATION_ID=5T6E7381A7I28EES2566SI24FZYMJAHEB3H

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Sep 2023 15:27

Have you looked for a death for him?

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/indexes_search.asp

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Sep 2023 15:33

Barry - please delte your email address as it is against Terms & Conditions.
The marriages on Ancestry don't go far enough. But if you know for certain it was in 2011 you could apply to the GRO for a copy. Like the marriages , the death index is not available.

Trellis House is still there - you could try writing to them:
Trellis House 1 Mill Road, West Wimbledon SW19 2NE

You could also try the Local studies centre at Mrden to see if they hold recent newspapers
Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre,
2nd floor, Morden Library, Merton Civic Centre, London Road Morden SM4 5DX

Tel. 020 8545 3239/4038 Email: [email protected]

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Sep 2023 15:38

No death up to 2021 on the GRO index

He has a further forename......initial F

It's unlikely that he will be on the ER........one would hope that in sheltered accommodation, the person completing the forms would 'tick the box'

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Sep 2023 15:47

192 has a Ronald C Robinson living in the right area (SW19) in 2003-4 with a Struart Robinson.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Sep 2023 15:52

2003 pre-dates the marriage..................

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Sep 2023 15:55

I know that but it leads us to another name, even though I mistyped Stuart.

Added: looks as though Ronald may have married Jean Baker (1952), in which case there were several children but possibly not a Stuart.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Sep 2023 11:17

He was living with a Jean m Robinson in 1964/5 in Mitcham

Which would confirm the 1952 marriage

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Feb 2024 17:51

PM sent to Barry to let him know there are replies on both threads:

this thread and another started in January 2024:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/military_chat/thread/1402509

EDIT:
Barry has replied.

He didn't know how to access the threads to see the replies, although I gave links. Have sent further explanation.