Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone want their Family Crest/coat of arms comple

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 15:36

Afternoon all. I have access to family crests and am willing to email you your family crest/coat of arms. At present i am doing irish only but leave your family request here and il see what i can do. PLEASE STATE THE NAME OR NAMES YOU REQUIRE AND AN EMAIL ADDRESS (you can pm me email if you prefer)

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 18 Jul 2006 15:41

Hi Alexandra, what a lovely gesture, thank you. Coyne is the family name believed to have decended from Ireland. Thank you once again for your thoughtfullness, Regards Lou

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 15:51

Lou i have your crest and yes its irish let me know your email add and il email details. Its coming up not as big as i would like but you should be able to resize it before you print should you want to. There is also some info on the name il send when i get your email. Thanks Update** your info has been sent hope you found it useful.

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 15:56

Kate your surname isnt irish as yet i havent found your coat of arms/crest but your name meaning 'Dyas' is below The meaning of the surname DYAS is dweller at the dye-house ***Update Dyas is welsh but there are some mentions of clans which are also scottish still havent found your crest but still looking *** I will keep looking at update you soon as poss. x

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 16:15

Any other reqests anyone i will look for crests for all names and history of that name with meanings.

Marie

Marie Report 18 Jul 2006 16:17

Hi Could you look up the name Toole? It is an irish name. Marie

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 16:20

Marie i have o'toole but not toole do you want this info?

Marie

Marie Report 18 Jul 2006 16:22

yes, thank you. will pm address to you. marie

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jul 2006 16:27

You lovely peeps :-)) Shawcross/Shallcross - either or will do :-))) Elaine ;-) Am sending you my e.mail addy, as I know the crest/coat of arms is available, I've just never been able to obtain the picture :-)) Yellow and Red with a Bird on top. (If I remember correctly)

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 16:32

Marie yours has been sent x

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 16:34

Elaine as yet i cannot get acces to shawcross or shallcross. However the meaning of shallcross is below The meaning of the surname SHALLCROSS is one who came from Shallcross (a place named after an ancient stone cross in the High Peak forest of Derbyshire) Will continue to look and update x

Marie

Marie Report 18 Jul 2006 16:38

Thanks Alex Just got your email. marie

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jul 2006 16:38

That's the one Alexandra .... thanks for keeping me informed :-) Elaine ;-)

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 16:53

Elaine have sent you some emails with name meaning and crest description etc however i cannot get your crest i am still looking so bear with me x

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 18 Jul 2006 17:00

I do not understand why anyone would want a Coat of Ams (the Crest is only the smallpart at the top ) simply because it relates to someone with their name. A Coat of Arms is granted to a specific person and there are srtict rule of entitlment as it is passed through families. Jennifer

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jul 2006 17:10

I understand what your saying Jennifer, but some of us know exactly WHO was awarded the coat of arms and what for, so it can and does sit proudly on the wall or mantle piece if you have the Coat of Arms. My Grandfather was passed down our Coat of Arms from his Father .... and in turn it was passed down to my Uncle who is the oldest male of that line. Doesn't mean I shouldn't display the same item on my Family Tree though, does it ? Elaine ;-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jul 2006 17:26

Cheers for e.mails Alexandra, sounds like the correct one. :-)) Shawcross is a variation of the Shallcross name ... Appreciate what you have found so far, and will keep fingers crossed for further e.mails from you, but please don't worry too much. I know it is available from various sites .... maybe not the site you use though :-( Elaine ;-)

Mags & Nicky

Mags & Nicky Report 18 Jul 2006 17:29

Hi, and thanks for the offer Could you see if you have anything for the name Kirk for me please? All my Kirks go back to 1712 in North Yorkshire. I'd love to know where they originated from - I've yet to break down that particular brick wall. Thanks in advance, Mags. x

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 17:43

The crest or coat of arms is still part of a family name history you can pay quite a bit to obtain the exact same image. I for one find it nice within my family history information. Not only that information on your family name is also nice to have !

G83

G83 Report 18 Jul 2006 17:46

Mags as yet no crest kirk is not an irish name and mostly my records are irish i think its going to be welsh or scottish i am still looking but below is the name kirk meaning The meaning of the surname KIRK is dweller near a church; one who was employed in a church