Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have Manchester & Salford 1929 directory!!

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 22 Mar 2006 12:19

Hello, I have the 1929 Kelly's manchester and Salford directory, if anyone wants anything looking up?! Aswell as Manchester and Salford it also includes towns - Swinton/Pendlebury, Eccles, Altrincham, Bowden, cheadle, Denton, Droylsden, Prestwich, Sale , Stretford.Plus many more neighbouring towns!! It also includes Street indexes, Trades directory. Just let me know if i can help you with anything! and i will try my best!! Alison

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 22 Mar 2006 18:48

Hi Alison, Could you have look to see if you can anything for a Harry Wilkinson Fruit Merchant (Manchester). I am struggling to find information past my Grandmother on my dads side of the family and her marriage certificate (1934) has her fathers details as above. If you wouldn't mind having a look when you get the chance, I would be grateful. Thank you Vanessa

Lynn

Lynn Report 22 Mar 2006 19:33

Hi Alison i am looking for any Booths fruit and veg sellers Blakley or Salford ..also if poss [not sure what info these directories have!] i would like to find Denis and Martha Daly they were in Salford in1901 Diamond Street . Born 1874 Salford is this poss ? thanks Lynn

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 23 Mar 2006 10:45

Vanessa, There are about 3 or 4 fruit merchants with the surname wilkinson, but no Harry! I have a list of wilkinsons living in Manchester area, and there are a few Harry's on that, but none that say fruit mrechant! i could email you the list if you want? just let me know! or pm me your email address Alison.

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 23 Mar 2006 10:52

Lynn, When i bring up all the Booths living in manchester, there are about 2 pages full, and there are quite a few that say 'grocer' i can email you the list if you want as there are too mant to type out! Also i looked at Booth's in the trade directory, and there is a 3 Booth's who come under the heading 'Fruiterers and greengrocers' They are: Charles frederick Booth - 32 Chapman Street, Hulme, Manchester. Mrs Florence Booth - 366 Oldham Road, Newton Heath. Joseph H. Booth - Block A Smithfield market. William Booth - 467 Cheetham Hill road & 189 Queens Rd, Chorlton Again if you want the image, just let me know! Found Nothing on Daly, sorry! Alison.

Clare

Clare Report 23 Mar 2006 11:53

hello alison could you see if you have anything for amelia or may vernon they were supposed to be living in salford! or amelia cross!

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 23 Mar 2006 18:18

Alison, Thank you for looking, I will PM you with my email address, if you would be kind enough to send me the listings I would be grateful. Vanessa

Natalie

Natalie Report 23 Mar 2006 20:42

hi could you look up edith waterhouse lived in the bradford/newton heath part of manchester also ernest percival gillibrand his father had a barbers shop on oldham road manchester thankyou

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 23 Mar 2006 22:12

Natalie, I found 2 Gillibrand's under 'Hairdressers' 1. Ambrose sutton Gillibrand - 18 Oldham Road. 2. John Percival Gillibrand - 1302 Ashton Old road. Let me know if you want me to email you the image! Couldn't find anything for Edith Waterhouse, but these directories are usually listed by the head of household, which is usually male!! if you know her husbands name, i can look that up! Alison.

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 23 Mar 2006 22:14

Claire, Couldn't find any of the names you mentioned, sorry. As i said in my post above they are usually listed by the head of the house, which is usually male! so if you know of her husbands name i can look that up. Alison.

Claire

Claire Report 23 Mar 2006 22:29

Hi, Would you mind having a look to see there is a Frederick Fitzroy Thompson. In 1901 he was the publican of the red lion hotel. It seems I come from a family of publicians. I guess there's a possibility his son may have taken over. His name was Arthur Frederick Fitzroy Thompson. Also, any Kennedy's mentioned? Thanks, Claire

Lilian

Lilian Report 23 Mar 2006 22:50

Hello Alison, I would appreciate you looking for Benjamin Edward Linden. I'm not sure what his occupation would have been. Many thanks, Lilian

Ronald

Ronald Report 23 Mar 2006 22:57

Hi Alison, thanks for your offer. Would you mind looking for the surname Kalthoeber. I know John Hann Kalthoeber lived in Rochdale Road. Any others would be great too. Thanks in advance Ron

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 24 Mar 2006 20:04

CLAIRE - Sorry i couldn't see any Fitzroy Thompson's There are a lot of Kennedy's, is there any particular name you are after? Just let me know if there is and i will look it up. Alison

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 24 Mar 2006 20:06

LILLIAN - There are ony 2 Linden's listed, They are: Mrs Agnes Linden - 12 Wheat Street, Chotlton on Medlock. Rose Lillian Linden - 60 Wynford Street, Salford. If you want the image, just pm me your email. Alison.

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 24 Mar 2006 20:09

RONALD - There are 2 Kalthoeber's listed, they are: Charles Kalthoebar - 16 Elder Mount Street, Broughton - working as a Porter. John Hann - 752 Rochdale Road. - occupation - Teacher of languages. If you want the image, pm me your email! If you need anything else, just let me know! Alison.

Claire

Claire Report 24 Mar 2006 20:14

Hi Alison, thanks for looking... The Fitzroy Thompsons could be listed just under the name of Thompson ... It seems a lot of them used the Fitzroy as a middle name. As for the Kennedy's, would you mind checking Thomas Kennedy. Thanks very much, Claire

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 24 Mar 2006 22:37

CLAIRE - Checked the Thompson's, there ate a few Arturs and Frederick's but none saying Pubican, i can email you the list though if you want? For the Kennedy, I have found 5 Thomas Kennedy's, here they are: 1. Thomas Kennedy - 70 Duke street, Hulme, manchester. Occupation - Carpet Cleaner 2. Thomas Kennedy - 10 Buile street, chorlton, Manchester. Occupation - cloth examiner. 3. Thomas Kennedy - 2 mansfield road, higher broughton, salford. - occupation - Commissionaire. 4. Thomas Kennedy - 21 miller street, lower broughton, salford. 5. Thomas Anderson Kennedy - 22 Mauldeth road, didsbury. If you want the image, then let me know, Alison.

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Mar 2006 23:12

Hi Alison Thanks for the offer, could you look for either a Annie or Thomas Mather(postman) last known address was Stanley Avenue Rusholme. Also Mrs Mary Bunnell don`t know any other information I`m afraid. Thanks alot. Margaret

Liberty64

Liberty64 Report 24 Mar 2006 23:31

Alison, thanks for offer... This is a long shot.. Im looking for Susanah/Susie/Suie Manuell she would be head of house as she is a widow, unless her Son's Arthur Neville or Stanley Max are,.... they maybe listed at 91 Prince St Ardwick.... possibly.. trading as shoemakers?? this was their family home address too... Thanks Lib