Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2 1891 look ups if possible plz Update March 2015

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 3 Dec 2005 15:32

I know I have asked for quite a few look ups recenlty but if any1 has any spare time this afternoon could I ask for two morePlz.
(1) In the 1881 Census I have William H randle age 23 born Lee Kent,
Wife Susan A b southwark
and william Henry Randles age 1.

They were living at 391 Old Kent Rd Camberwell.

(2) On the 1881 Census I have Albert Dutton Randells (this is how it is spelt on the census) age 25 says born Wales shropshire
Wife Elizth May age 26 from deal Kent
Albert J>H age 4 born surrey (but think I have found his death a few yrs later) Eliz Sarah age 2 born surrey.
They were living at 7 Farncombe st Bermondsey.

Thankyou,
Anne

Maria

Maria Report 3 Dec 2005 16:17

Hi Ann I have found Albert D. Randalls in 1891 still living in Bermondsey, with his wife Sarah and daughter Elizabeth. He is a Printer and they are living at 24 Ronel Road, Bermondsey. (I think Ronel is right it is hard to decipher. I am still looking for the others for you. Best wishes Maria

Maria

Maria Report 3 Dec 2005 16:24

Dear Ann Have now found William Randles, in 1891 living at 32 Arnery Place, Newington St. Mary with his wife Susan and children William aged 11, Daughter Susan aged 9, daughter Charlotte aged 6, son George aged 5 and son Alfred aged 7 months. I hope this helps you Best wishes Maria

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 3 Dec 2005 16:34

Maria, Thankyou so much for those look ups. It gives me a few more names to try and connect the Bennetts to the Randles as myself and someone else on this board has the same photo but as yet cant find a connection. Again thankyou, Anne

Maria

Maria Report 3 Dec 2005 16:42

Hi Anne Glad I could help, do you need the 1901 census as well. Best wishes Maria

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 3 Dec 2005 16:46

Yes plz, if its no trouble, Thankyou Anne

Maria

Maria Report 3 Dec 2005 16:59

Hi Anne, Albert, Sarah and Elizabeth are still living at the same address in 1901 and he is down as a Compositer and Elizabeth is down as a Cardboard Box Maker Maria

Maria

Maria Report 3 Dec 2005 17:06

Hi Anne, William is now living at what looks like 31 Weymouth Dwellings , St Mary, Newington. He is down as a Widower and living with his two sons George who is now 15 and Charles who is 8. Good Luck I hope this helps you Maria

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 3 Dec 2005 17:15

HI Maria, Thankyou Charles age 8 is the father of the soldier which we both have the photo of, so at least I followed the correct line back. Anne

Maria

Maria Report 3 Dec 2005 17:20

Hi Anne, Glad I could help. Good Luck Maria

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 22 Mar 2015 21:57

Hello All,
This is a long thread, my mum in law died in 2005 in her personal belongings she had a photo of a soldier with a grave number. I wrote to the war dept and they gave me his name as Ernest Randles. I found his niece on here who also had the same pic. We worked together but could not find a link in the family tree as to why we should have the same photo. I was looking in my mum in laws mothers side of the family (Bennett) .
While searching through all my mum in law maiden name Davis stuff yesterday I found a marriage cert for a Albert Charles Davis to a Jessie Randles. Jessie is the sister to Ernest. Ernest niece who I have been working with said oh yeh thats aunt Queenie and unlce Albie.
Now all I have to do is to make sure that Alberts father is indeed my mum in laws Uncle. William John Davis. She did have a Uncle William but weather this is the same one i havent found out yet.

It may have taken almost 10 yrs but I have something to go on now.
Anne

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Mar 2015 00:58

Curious! Jessie M. seems to have 3 different names. 2 previous marriages?

Marriages Sep 1951 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAVIS Albert C DAVIS Surrey N.E. 5g 1431
DAVIS Albert C MARSHALL Surrey N.E. 5g 1431
DAVIS Albert C RANDLES Surrey N.E. 5g 1431
DAVIS Jessie M DAVIS Surrey N.E. 5g 1431
MARSHALL Jessie M DAVIS Surrey N.E. 5g 1431
RANDLES Jessie M DAVIS Surrey N.E. 5g 1431

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 23 Mar 2015 08:13

surrey electoral registers on ancestry has a jessie mabel marshall living in mitcham

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Mar 2015 11:27

Marriages Dec 1934 (>99%)
Marshall Frederick Randles Surrey Mid.E. 2a 656
Randles Jessie M Marshall Surrey Mid.E. 2a 656

Although the 1951 marriage has her also with the surname Davis, it looks as though she was just calling herself that prior to marriage, as there's no record of her having previously married another Davis.

Maybe her birth???

Births Sep 1913 (>99%)
RANDLES Jessie M Fidler Lambeth 1d 622

???
Jessie Mabel Davis in the England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Jessie Mabel Davis
Birth Date: 5 Jun 1913
Date of Registration: Jan 1990
Age at Death: 76
Registration district: Merton
Inferred County: Surrey
Volume: 14
Page: 809

Are there any clues to Albert's family on the marriage cert?
Who were the witnesses?
Unfortunately, it's such a common name that without further info, it will be impossible to find out anything more about him.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Mar 2015 11:34

I don't know what year the ER found by Glitterbaby was, but in 1965 Albert C Davis and Jessie M Davis are at 44 Mount Road, Mitcham.

(Ancestry's mistranscription says 44 Phipps Bridge Road.)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Mar 2015 11:46

Possibly Albert's death??
Croydon reg district includes Merton and Mitcham. (Well, it used to. From 1965 they're in Merton reg district - but he might have died in hospital in nearby Croydon.)

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007 Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries
Name: Albert Charles Davis
Birth: 9 May 1904
Death: Oct 1991 - Croydon, London, Surrey, England

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Mar 2015 11:51

If that's his death, this is the only birth which fits:

Births Jun 1904 (>99%)
DAVIS Albert Charles Reading 2c 349

You might think it worth buying a copy??

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Mar 2015 12:35

Do you have this?

RANDLES, ERNEST FRANK WILLIAMRank:SapperService No:2043640Date of Death:24/10/1942Age:23Regiment/Service:Royal Engineers 9 Field Sqn. Grave Reference:XVII. B. 8.Cemetery:EL ALAMEIN WAR CEMETERYAdditional Information:Son of Charles Dutton Randles and Jessie Louise Randles, of Mitcham, Surrey.Commemorative Certificate

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Mar 2015 12:39

His birth? Mother's maiden name Fidler.

:Births Mar 1919 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randles Ernest F W Fidler Lambeth 1d 382

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Mar 2015 12:42

Parents' marriage:

Marriages Mar 1912 (>99%)
Fidler Jessie L Randles Lambeth 1d 349
Randles Charles D Fidler Lambeth 1d 349