Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

5Th THREAD. 1861 -1901 Uk/Wales Census,BMD,Pallots

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 10:18

Hi Please see first message as to what I have access to. PLEASE DONT SEND ANY PM'S. Thanxs Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 10:19

HI 1861 - 1901 Uk/Wales Census Sorry but cannot do Scotland Or Ireland. BMD = England & Wales 1837 - 1983 Not much after 1910 though sorry. PALLOTS BAPTISM INDEX 1780 - 1837 Only 200,000 surviving records at least 22 parishes London/Middlesex, around 27 other parishes.They usually give the name of the child and parentage, the parish of baptism and the date. PALLOTS MARRIAGE INDEX 1780 - 1837 Pallot's Marriages covers all but two of the 103 parishes in the old City of London. Please put as much info as possible Names/Dates/Places. My Geography is not very good so County aswell would be great if you have it. *********************************************** I WILL ONLY REPLY TO REQUESTS PUT ON THIS THREAD..... NOT TO ANY SENT PRIVATELY....AS IT FILLS UP MY INBOX... Put all queries on here & I promise to answer them all even if nothing is found for you.. Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 13:39

Nudge Up ^ Lesley :~)

Barbara

Barbara Report 26 Sep 2005 14:17

Hello Lesley, Thank you for your offer. Could you possibly look at the 1901 census entry for James Church age 28 bn Middleton. I just found an entry on the index for one bn Middleton Yorkshire living in West Ham but I am unable to look at the entry as my voucher has just run out of credits! This James, who was actually born Middleton Suffolk has eluded me after 1891, when he was living in East Yorkshire and as the family have connections in West Ham I am wondering whether this could possibly be him. Would appreciate details of the entry and who is living with him. Many thanks Barbara

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 14:26

BARBARA The 1901 is free to search until end of september. You can access it on GR....its on the right of the screen.. take a look Lesley :~)

Barbara

Barbara Report 26 Sep 2005 14:36

Hi Lesley, Thanks for that. Can you access the images free or just the index. I tried to look at the image but it still comes up that you need to pay, or am I doing something wrong,. Regards Barbara

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 14:40

BARBARA Im sorry I didnt realise it would not let you see the image aswell. hang on I will go and find the info for you lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 14:49

BARbara Here is 1901 ADDRESS:55 Albert Road, West Ham Essex Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship James W Church abt 1849 Northfleet, Kent, England Head OCC:ShipWright. Amelia S Church abt 1847 Poplar, Middlesex, England Wife Arthur H Church abt 1874 Bromley, Middlesex, England Son Ernest J Church abt 1877 Bromley, Middlesex, England Son Frederick R Church abt 1880 Bromley, Middlesex, England Son Charlott Church abt 1889 Plaistow, Essex, England Daughter >>>James W Church abt 1873 Middleboro?, Yorkshire, England Son Civil parish: West Ham Ecclesiatical parish: St Mark County/Island: Essex Country: England Source information: RG13/1578 Registration district: West Ham Sub-registration district: Canning Town ED, institution, or vessel: 2 Folio: 32 Page: 9 Household schedule number: 45 *************************************** Or there is this one aswell. A Servant. ADDRESS:Moor Farm.Burton Agnes Yorkshire Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship George Watson abt 1866 Burton Agnes, Yorkshire, England Head OCC:farmer. Employer. >>>James Church abt 1878 Middleton, Yorkshire, England Servant OCC:Foreman on farm. Civil parish: Burton Agnes Ecclesiatical parish: St Martin Town: Burton Agnes County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Registration district: Bridlington Sub-registration district: Skipsea ED, institution, or vessel: 2 Folio: 30 Page: 18 Household schedule number: 105 Lesley :~)

Barbara

Barbara Report 26 Sep 2005 14:56

Hi Lesley, Thank you very much for the information. The one at Burton Agnes looks interesting although the age is 6 years out - could be an error of course. Once again thank you for your help. Kind regards Barbara

Trudy

Trudy Report 26 Sep 2005 15:23

Lesley Thanks for info on Matthews - always appreciated. Regards Trudy

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 15:35

TRUDY Your very welcome as always. Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 17:12

Im going for something to eat now. Will be back later. lesley :~)

Mandy

Mandy Report 26 Sep 2005 17:22

Hi Lesley, I've only just found the message you left me, and then the rest of the details, I wanted to ask you to do another look up in the 1861, but felt i was being cheeky, So i can't thank you enough. I already had those last lot of names, but hadn't tied them to any of the others, so you found the ones in the middle for me and confirmed to me that th e last lot of names are my anncestors! So a massive pat on the back for you your a absolute star1 Mandy

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 19:42

PAULA Hi I found these on LDS. Here is John's Marriage to Eliza Husband John Burvill Birth: About 1803 , Kent, England Christening: Marriage: 03 JUN 1832 Brixton, Devon, England Death: 22 MAY 1878 , Victoria, Australia Burial: ------------------------------------------------------------------ Wife Eliza Wale Birth: 1812 Brentford, London, England Christening: Marriage: 03 JUN 1832 Brixton, Devon, England Death: Burial: ************************************* Found this aswell John Burvill Male ---------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: 1808 Ash, , Kent, England Christening: Death: 22 MAY 1878 Burial: ------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: Latimer Du Burville Mother: Elizabeth Kemp *************************************** Sorry Cant find any on 1851 sample. Hope other info helps though Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 19:49

MANDY You Can ask for as many look ups as you want... There is not a limit that I will do for one Person... If you need anything looking up just ask. Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 20:39

PAULA LDS is short for The Latter Day Saints website. http://www(.)familysearch(.)org Remove the brackets from the address and you will have great fun on it....although it is not always correct..it is best to buy the certificates to back up any info you have found from there. If you need any help with it let me know. Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 22:18

Nudge Up ^

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 26 Sep 2005 22:43

Well its very quite tonight so Im going to go bed early for a change. Will be back tomorrow to carry on with searches. Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Sep 2005 09:50

Good Morning all Anybody want any look ups done just shout Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Sep 2005 10:54

Im Soooo bored..... Lesley :~0