Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Lookup please

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 11:52

Can anyone please find the birth certificate ref for Emily Pitt born Wednesbury 1871. I would like the mothers maiden name please. Regards Richard

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Sep 2005 11:56

Richard, we can look up the reference - only the certificate has the names of the parents . we cannot see that. Has anyone found her in the 1871 census? - we can hope she was born by then, Jess x

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Sep 2005 12:00

RIchard- you can help us here - i know this family has been looked up before for you. in later census people have found you her parents names, after she was born Which is their oldest child that you have found? did they have any before they had Emily? People normal got married just before , or sometimes after their first child was born. Do you know when their first child was born? Answer on here please, so we can all see your answer, Jeess x

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Sep 2005 12:02

(friends, i know WE can look and speculate but can we let Richard help himself here a bit and tell us what he already knows - to show him how he can use the info he already has to help himself?) jess x

Suzy

Suzy Report 23 Sep 2005 12:10

I have some possible birth matches on FamilyRelatives. Does anyone know what registration district Wednesbury comes under? Suzy

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 12:16

Hi Jess, Richard was given this information yesterday. He had his other threads nudged up which GAVE him the information ... I also typed out BOTH parents names for him AND I found the parents marriage for him but Richard decided to delete all his other threads so that none of us had anything to refer to.... and then deleted the thread which he had put the request on and which I had given him all the answers to.. Dancer. Incidently, on one of the census's she was born 1874.

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 12:24

Suzy, Wednesbury comes under the district of West Bromwich Thanks Richard

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 12:27

If purchasing the birth certificate is the only way of getting motheers maiden name then how come someone found my grandads motherrs maiden name in the referencence? Regards Richard

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Sep 2005 12:28

In answer to the question above , they may have hunted around and found a marriage of the parents and found a maiden name from that . You can sometimes do that if names are unsual richard - you were told all this yesterday - did you write it down? Jess x

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 12:44

Emily Pitt was born Wednesbury abt 1874. Emily had older Siblings. The parents was John and Elizabeth Pitt. Regards Richard

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 13:03

1871: DAD- John Pitt abt 1834 Wednesbury, Staffordshire, Head MUM- Elizabeth Pitt abt 1838 Wednesbury, Staffordshire, Wife BROTHER- William Thomas Pitt abt 1857 Wednesbury,, Son BROTHER- John Henry Pitt abt 1862 Wednesbury,, Son SISTER- Sarah Ann Pitt abt 1865 Wednesbury,, Daughter BROTHER- Samuel Pitt abt 1869 Wednesbury,, Son SISTER- Harriett Pitt abt 1871 Wednesbury,, Daughter Addy: 10, Spring Head, Wednesbury. ------------------- 1881 census: Living at 22 Foster Street, Wednesbury, DAD- John Pitt abt 1832 Wednesbury, Staffordshire, England Head MUM- Elizabeth Pitt abt 1836 Wednesbury, Wife BROTHER- John Pitt abt 1862 Wednesbury,Son SISTER- Sarah Ann Pitt abt 1866 Wednesbury, Daughter SISTER- Harriett Pitt abt 1871 Wednesbury, Daughter EMILY- Emily Pitt abt 1874 Wednesbury, Daughter ---------------- 1891 DAD- John Pitt 58 Rag Merchant MUM- Elizabeth 55 Emily 18 >>>>>>>>>> Frederick Madeley 25 Son in Law Sarah A Madeley 18 daughter Elizabeth ' G Daughter John H 3 G son Frederick 4 mths Living at: 2 Old Union St, Wednesbury -------------------------------------- Here is John Pitt (Emily's Dad) aged 7 on the 1841 census, with HIS parents (Emily's Grandparents) John's father was called John Pitt as well... his mother was Sarah. Grandad- John Pitt 25 Coal Miner Grandma- Sarah 25 Henry 9 EMILY's DAD -John 7 <<<<<<<<<<<< b 1834 Sarah 4 Betsy 3 Thomas 1 Living at : Lea Brook Wednesbury. I'll add more information as I find it Richard.

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Sep 2005 13:09

Richard - from the notes you have made (or i hope you have made) where and when did they marry - (someone has already looked it up for you) Jess x

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 13:20

Ok Derby, Thanks

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 13:23

Jess, sorry but I havnt been writing these notes down but I will make sure I do this time. Regards Richard

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 13:30

Hi Richard. DO NOT delete this thread. What I am going to TRY and do, is get all the information regarding YOUR family on this one thread. Somehow, I will try and put all the information found together for you so that you can understand it better. This MAY take a few days to do ... so DON'T delete the thread please. I will do everything I can for you ... and no doubt OTHERS will help as well. No need for any more requests from you on other threads ... if you need to ask something, ask on here ... and I/we will sort it for you best we can. OK ? Dancer :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 13:32

Ok Thanks Derby, Can you please try to find John and Elizabeths marriage and give me her maiden name. Regards Richard

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 13:35

I will try Richard, but I remember spending a fortune on 1837online indexes ...I WISH I had managed to save the pages .. but my PC froze before I saved them, so I will have to do it again. Bear with us Richard, we will get you your family tree somehow. Dancer

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 14:33

Richard, no need to nudge. We are working on your family behind the scenes. We will add the info as we find it. Can't find the marriage yet. We won't forget you ... don't worry. Go and have a drink and something to eat. Dancer

Heather

Heather Report 23 Sep 2005 14:44

I don't know if this is a possibility John Pitt and Elizabeth Dudley married in Tipton 1855 Heather

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2005 15:49

OK Richard, Bearing in mind the information that Heather has found ...which IS a possibility ... here's some information on Elizabeth Dudley: Could have been born c1838 ELIZABETH DUDLEY Female Event(s): Birth: Christening: 15 MAR 1840 Saint Bartholomew, Wednesbury, Stafford, England Parents: Father: JOSEPH DUDLEY Family Mother: BETSY Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. Possibility !!! ...................BUT I REALLY think if NOTHING else, you SHOULD BUY Emily's birth certificate to MAKE sure of her Mum's name: Birth: Emily Pitt W. Brom Sept 1873 6b. 813 IF her Mum is Elizabeth Dudley ..then we can take both the Pitts /Dudley and Berry's back to 1841 census for you ... BUT you NEED Emily's BIRTH CERT. Ask someone to buy it for you as a Christmas Present ... and then come back on and tell us what it says ! Dancer