Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookups Offered - CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 09:03

I have access to Ancestry. I also have British Origins. I can search BMDs from 1866 to 1920. I don't have anything for Scotland or Ireland. If you want a lookup, please post your request on this board - DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES PLEASE. Please give full details - ie Name, DOB, Place (county at least). All replies will be posted here.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 09:24

Bev, there are too many. Do you know any thing else about him?

Lynn

Lynn Report 5 Sep 2005 10:01

thanks for the offer Tracey can you please find any marriages for the following all born sheffield Mary Ann or Mary Alice?? Kirby born 1871 James Kirby 1864 and poss Jude Kirby 1866[ i think you kindley found jude's death for me in 1899] lynn

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 5 Sep 2005 10:05

Could you lookup in 1881 WILLIAM HICKS (58) and wife MARY(53) last address was 27, Hackstone Road, Hackney, London in 1871. Thank you, Rosalyn

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 5 Sep 2005 10:08

Tracey , just got it , Rosalyn

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 5 Sep 2005 13:37

Hi Tracy, thank you for your kind offer, I don't know if you can help me with this brickwall!!! I am looking for the birth place of my grandmother!!!! Ok, her name was Hannah Elizabeth Walker B. about 1871/1872. married Saumel Grant 1.1.1900 under the name above age given 28, in the Priory Church Christchurch, Dorset, county of Southampton ......widowed Dec 1900 (Samuel died in the Boar War) 1901 census I can not find her anywhere, in 1903 she married my Grandfather at the Priory Church Christchurch (same place again) but under the name Elizabeth Grant,widow, age 31. I believe she dropped the name Hannah (first name) for the rest of her life (d. Oct 1937) on her Buriel records she is named as Hannah Elizabeth Chatten (grandfather's name) I would have thought I would find her as a widow in Christchurch in 1901, but I think I need fresh eyes. she gave her address as 28 Fairmile Road Christchurch, at first wedding, father, was John Walker, there were no children from first marriage. she was not there in 1901!!!! with names like that I haven't really much chance have I?lol. thanks, if you can help in anyway, sometimes new eyes see what I am missing lol......Thank you......Lilly

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 13:54

Haven't found her in 1901 yet, but will 1891 do for now? Walker, John abt 1840 Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England Head Christchurch Hampshire Walker, Hannah abt 1846 Southampton, Hampshire, England Wife Christchurch Hampshire Walker, Elizth abt 1871 Netly, Hampshire, England Daughter Christchurch Hampshire Walker, Edward abt 1875 London, Middlesex, England Son Christchurch Hampshire Walker, Ellen abt 1879 Wooleck, Middlesex, England Daughter Christchurch Hampshire Walker, Alfred abt 1882 Wooleck, Middlesex, England Son Christchurch Hampshire Walker, Fredk abt 1884 Netly, Hampshire, England Son Christchurch Hampshire Walker, Louisa abt 1886 Bournemouth, Hampshire, England Daughter Christchurch Hampshire

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 5 Sep 2005 14:09

Hello Tracy, that was so quick!!! lol thank you so much, I have something to go on now, I told you fresh eyes etc, didn't I? lol I don't suppose you noticed fathers Occup by any chance???? thanks for your help.......Lilly

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 14:13

He's a Blacksmith :)

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 5 Sep 2005 14:16

thank you..lol...........just so quick lol.........Lilly

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 15:44

Lynn, I can't find anything that looks like them. Any ideas when they married?

Scrummy

Scrummy Report 5 Sep 2005 15:58

tracey - I am looking for the death of Ralph STONEHOUSE b 1905 Guisborough Reg District (Lingdale) All I have is 'died young' I have searched my records. Can you help pse.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 16:00

Nothing up to 1920. Have you tried the Tees Valley Indexes?

Scrummy

Scrummy Report 5 Sep 2005 16:02

William HAWLEY married Esther Henrietta TITCHINER (wid) about 1862 pos St Botolphs London. Cant find the marriage anywhere. Can you help pse brenda

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 16:09

I don't have access to BMDs before 1866, except what is on FreeBMD. They weren't on my records.

Angela

Angela Report 5 Sep 2005 16:28

Hello tracy could I please ask for a look up in the 1901 census for GEORGE MARJORAM BORN IN 1869 IN DEPTFORD, KENT. I have him in the 1881 census living in Washington with his father George. In 1890 he married Lucy. All the male members of the family were in occupations related to mining. Many thanks Angela

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 16:33

Angela, this him in 1891? Majoram, George J abt 1869 Deptford, Kent, England Head Washington Durham Majoram, Anna J abt 1870 Mondon, Essex, England Wife Washington Durham

Angela

Angela Report 5 Sep 2005 16:46

Hello Tracy yes it sounds like it is him. I know for sure he was living in washington area and the birth place and date are right. I must have got his wife's details wrong. would you please look him up in the 1901 for me thanks Angela

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 16:48

Been trying Angela, but I can't see him lol Could he be abroad?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 5 Sep 2005 16:54

Got him lol George J Margosian abt 1869 London, England Head Washington Durham Anna J Margosian abt 1870 Mondon, Essex, England Wife Washington Durham Margaret E Margosian abt 1893 Washington, Durham, England Daughter Washington Durham Ethel J Margosian abt 1894 Washington, Durham, England Daughter Washington Durham Phoebe B Margosian abt 1897 Washington, Durham, England Daughter Washington Durham Hilda Margosian abt 1899 Washington, Durham, England Daughter Washington Durham