Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CLOSED - 1841 Census Looksups - CLOSED

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 19:26

Thread now closed as my time on British Origins is about up - Please do not post new messages after Monday 18th July - I will still complete all outstanding requests received on or before above date. Many thanks Kate:)

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 19:26

Hi all SORRY - THREAD NOW CLOSED I can for a limited time do 1841 Census searches in THE FOLLOWING AREAS ONLY. · Cambridgeshire · Derbyshire · Devon · Dorset . Essex . Gloucestershire (includes Bristol and its suburbs) · Lincolnshire · Norfolk . Nottinghamshire · Somerset · Suffolk The search criteria I can input are: · Last Name · First Name · County · Parish · Birth Place · Age Range So please bear this in mind when giving me your info. Also, please give as much info as possible regarding other members of the household etc and as my Geography isn’t brilliant please always give me a County (one of the above). PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME BY PRIVATE MESSAGE unless I offer the image, in which case please send your email address. All replies will be put on the thread. Lastly, please be patient, I will answer all requests but I do have a life away from this computer :) and I may sometimes take a day or two to respond BUT I WILL RESPOND. OK, that’s the boring stuff over, lets go searching……. Kate :) PS: If I offer to email an image I will include a reference number in my thread reply. Please include this in your subject box when PM ing me. Ta :) PPS: FOR INFO - ON THE 1841 CENSUS THE AGES OF ADULTS (OVER 16) WERE ROUNDED DOWN TO THE NEARED 5 YEARS. ------------------------------------------------------------------- NOTE: Image problem now solved. Images forwarded as jpg files.

Janice

Janice Report 14 Jul 2005 19:40

Hello Kate, I'm chasing Eliza Thompson b ca 1822 Bardney Lincolnshire. Her father was Thomas Thompson, a farmer. In 1851 Eliza was in North Muskham, Notts. I'm sorry that's all the info I have on her. I'm also looking for William Cooper b 1824 Langley Mill Derbyshire. In 1841 the rest of his family were in Eastwood. William was a canal boatman and moved around the Derbyshire-Notts borders. He married the above Eliza in 1852 in Newark Notts. Any help will be very gratefully received. Best wishes, Janice.

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 14 Jul 2005 19:41

Kate, Hi, Thanks for your offer. I hope that you may be able to help. I am looking for Thomas Finney Who according to the 1861, was born c 1827 in Buxton Derbyshire. On that census he is listed as a butcher and cart owner. The problem is, that during his life, for some reason, he used two surnames! He (and his decendents to the present day) also used the names Whalley. I do not know why, Nor do I know which one was his 'real' surname. I know he married in 1851 using the name Finney, and I do think this is his true surname. Thanks for any help. Pat

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 14 Jul 2005 19:45

Hi Kate, Thanks for your kind offer. If possible could you see if you could find my g g grandparents on the Derbyshire census. They were (unmarried at the time of the census):- Samuel Cartwright born about 1829 in Ashwood Derbyshire. He was the son of Samuel Cartwright born about 1800 in Derbyshire. and Emma Staton (or Stayton) born about 1827 in Apperkowle, Derbyshire. She was the daughter of Thomas and Mary Staton and had siblings:- George (b 1824), Mary Ann (b 1826), Sophia (b 1830), Matilda (b 1832), Frederick (b 1835), Eliza (b 1839), and Julia (b abt. 1840), all born in Apperknowle or Dronfield, Derbyshire. Many thanks Regards Liz

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 20:53

Hi Janice Couldn’t find Eliza in either Bardney or North Muskham I’m afraid. I’ve pasted below, the Thompson’s and Cooper’s I did find, so if you think any are connected let me know and I’ll sort ref numbers etc. For some reason Langley Mill doesn’t appear as a Parish in the drop down list so I searched for Derbys in general whilst looking for William. Let me know if I can help further, sorry not to have the exact matches. Kate :) THOMPSONS IN NORTH MUSKHAM Last Name First Name Sex Age Birth County Place Township City Parish County Image Details THOMPSON ANN F 10 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE BATHLEY BATHLEY NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON ELIZA F 5 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE BATHLEY BATHLEY NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON ELIZABETH F 21 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON JAMES M 12 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON JOB M 30 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON JOHN M 35 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON JOHN M 11 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON JOHN M 55 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON MARTHA F 2 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON MARY F 30 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON RICHARD M 23 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON SAMUEL M 15 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON SAMUEL M 7 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE BATHLEY BATHLEY NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON SARAH F 40 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE BATHLEY BATHLEY NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON SUSAN F 30 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON WILLIAM M 25 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE NORTH MUSKHAM NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSON WILLM M 45 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE BATHLEY BATHLEY NORTH MUSKHAM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE THOMPSONS IN BARDNEY Last Name First Name Sex Age Birth County Place Township City Parish County Image Details THOMPSON ANN F 20 LINCOLNSHIRE BARDNEY BARDNEY LINCOLNSHIRE THOMPSON ELIZABETH F 40 LINCOLNSHIRE BARDNEY BARDNEY LINCOLNSHIRE THOMPSON HARRIET F 2 LINCOLNSHIRE BARDNEY BARDNEY LINCOLNSHIRE THOMPSON JONAS M 10 LINCOLNSHIRE BARDNEY BARDNEY LINCOLNSHIRE THOMPSON JOSEPH M 15 LINCOLNSHIRE BARDNEY BARDNEY LINCOLNSHIRE THOMPSON THOS M 50 LINCOLNSHIRE BARDNEY BARDNEY LINCOLNSHIRE COOPERS IN DERBYSHIRE – AGE 15 – 18 COOPER WILLIAM M 15 DERBYSHIRE ATLOW ATLOW BRADBOURNE DERBYSHIRE COOPER WILLIAM M 15 DERBYSHIRE GRASS HILL HASLAND CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE COOPER WILLIAM M 18 DERBYSHIRE CHURCH GRESLEY CHURCH GRESLEY DERBYSHIRE COOPER WILLIAM M 15 DERBYSHIRE UNSTONE UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE COOPER WILLIAM M 15 DERBYSHIRE SHOTTLE SHOTTLE & POSTERN DUFFIELD DERBYSHIRE COOPER WILLIAM M 15 DERBYSHIRE KING STREET DUFFIELD DUFFIELD DERBYSHIRE COOPER WILLIAM M 15 DERBYSHIRE CHARLESWORK CROSS SIMMONDLEY GLOSSOP DERBYSHIRE COOPER WILLIAM M 18 DERBYSHIRE DINTING LOWER DINTING GLOSSOP DERBYSHIRE COOPER WILLIAM M 17 DERBYSHIRE LITTLE HUCKLOW LITTLE HUCKLOW HOPE DERBYSHIRE COWPER WILL M 15 OUT OF COUNTY FRIAR GATE COURT DERBY ST WERBURGH DERBYSHIRE COWPER WILLIAM M 15 DERBYSHIRE ROWLAND ROWLAND BAKEWELL DERBYSHIRE COWPER WILLIAM M 17 DERBYSHIRE HEATH HEATH DERBYSHIRE

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 21:10

Hi Pat Know the feeling about surnames. I have a rellie who switches between Haysman and Hamilton and haven’t a clue why! Do you think this might be him. WHALLEY ANN F 12 DERBYSHIRE THE HALL HOTEL BUXTON BAKEWELL DERBYSHIRE WHALLEY CHARLES M 6 DERBYSHIRE THE HALL HOTEL BUXTON BAKEWELL DERBYSHIRE WHALLEY JAMES M 79 DERBYSHIRE HALL BANK BUXTON BAKEWELL DERBYSHIRE WHALLEY JOHN M 15 DERBYSHIRE THE HALL HOTEL BUXTON BAKEWELL DERBYSHIRE WHALLEY MARTHA F 16 DERBYSHIRE THE HALL HOTEL BUXTON BAKEWELL DERBYSHIRE WHALLEY SARAH F 38 DERBYSHIRE THE HALL HOTEL BUXTON BAKEWELL DERBYSHIRE WHALLEY THOSH M 14 DERBYSHIRE THE HALL HOTEL BUXTON BAKEWELL DERBYSHIRE Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0183 Image No 177 Folio No 8\27 Page No 49 Entry No 16 If you would like the image please PM me with the ref: 0183_0177 THOMAS WHALLEY.tif You will need a program that can read tif images to view it. Cheers Kate :)

Crimson

Crimson Report 14 Jul 2005 21:19

Hi Kate thank you for your kind offer. If you have time could you please look up the Norman family for me iN bury st edmunds suffolk. The head is John Norman, wife Mary ann norman, daughter amelia dob c1834. son obadiah norman dob c1831, thanx very much Ann

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 21:55

Hi Liz Think this might be the Staton family. Many of the names match on the image but can’t tell if it says Emily (as the transcription) or Emma. STATON ELIZA F 7 DERBYSHIRE APPER KNOWL UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE STATON EMILY F 13 DERBYSHIRE APPER KNOWL UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE STATON JULIA F 8 months DERBYSHIRE APPER KNOWL UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE STATON MARY F 30 DERBYSHIRE APPER KNOWL UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE STATON MARY F 15 DERBYSHIRE APPER KNOWL UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE STATON MATILDA F 9 DERBYSHIRE APPER KNOWL UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE STATON SOPHIA F 11 DERBYSHIRE APPER KNOWL UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE STATON THOS M 45 DERBYSHIRE APPER KNOWL UNSTONE DRONFIELD DERBYSHIRE Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0195 Image No 154 Folio No 6\8 Page No 11 Entry No 19 MY IMAGE REF: 0195-0154 STATON There are also two other images with Sta(y)ton’s you might like _ See Refs below _ They are all close together, so almost certainly family. The list is a bit long to put on here on but will gladly email it to you with images if you’re interested. Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0195 Image No 153 Folio No 6\8 Page No 10 Entry No 25 MY IMAGE REF: 0195-0153 STAYTON ------------------------------------------- Reference details Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0195 Image No 156 Folio No 6\10 Page No 15 Entry No 7 MY IMAGE REF: 0198-0156 STATON Searched for Samuel also but couldn’t find him. 11 Samuel Cartwrights came up with an 11 county search. Again the list would take up a lot of space but can add it to the email if you want it. If you would like the 3 images and the transcripts please PM me your email addie and quote MY IMAGE REF: 0195-0153/4/6 STATON in the subject line. Cheers Kate :)

Janice

Janice Report 14 Jul 2005 22:05

Hi Kate, I think you've got the right Thompsons in Bardneyand I'm going to investigate William a bit more over the weekend to see if any of the list might be my man. Thanks so much for your help. It looks like I'll eventually have to investigate the records in Lincolnshire. Janice.

Janice

Janice Report 14 Jul 2005 22:05

Hi Kate, I think you've got the right Thompsons in Bardneyand I'm going to investigate William a bit more over the weekend to see if any of the list might be my man. Thanks so much for your help. It looks like I'll eventually have to investigate the records in Lincolnshire. Janice.

Tc

Tc Report 14 Jul 2005 22:17

Hi Kate Please could you look on Norfolk 1841 census for a Sarah Basey born 1820 Hethersett Norfolk Many thanks Tom

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 22:29

Hello Louise I’ve checked all of the Joseph Cook(e)s in the right age bracket in Glos but can’t find him or Hannah. I checked Charlton Kings and also did a County wide search. There are several Joseph’s and several Hannah’s but none with them together. The nearest I found was one for Hannah Cook, age 30 and Job? Cook, age 25, ag lab. In Ashton Blank. Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0351 Image No 11 Folio No 8 Page No 11 Entry No 1 You are welcome to the image if you’d like it. If so please PM your email addi. Using the ref: 0351-0011 COOK. Thanks Kate :)

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 22:43

Hi Marlene These are the John Lee’s that came up for Attenborough. I think the first two are yours. The image gives John Snr’s occupation as stocking maker and says he was born out of county. The image says Chilwell, South Side but it is indexed as Attenborough, which would be correct as Attenborough borders Chilwell. The ref details are: Reference details John 35, Sarah 35, Thomas 20, William 11, John 9, Susannah 7, Enoch 3. Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0855 Image No 215 Folio No 7\25 Page No 16 Entry No 16 LEE JOHN M 35 OUT OF COUNTY CHILWELL SOUTH SIDE CHILWELL ATTENBOROUGH NOTTINGHAMSHIRE LEE JOHN M 9 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE CHILWELL SOUTH SIDE CHILWELL ATTENBOROUGH NOTTINGHAMSHIRE LEE JOHN M 15 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE CHILWELL SOUTH SIDE CHILWELL ATTENBOROUGH NOTTINGHAMSHIRE LEE JOHN M 40 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE CHILWELL SOUTH SIDE CHILWELL ATTENBOROUGH NOTTINGHAMSHIRE LEE JOHN M 15 NOTTINGHAMSHIRE TOTON TOTON ATTENBOROUGH NOTTINGHAMSHIRE You are more than welcome to the image if you would like it. Please PM your email addie quoting 0855-0215 LEE in the subject. Cheers Kate

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 23:00

Hello Ann I searched under Obadiah and this came straight up. PM me with your email addie, using ref: 1042_0331 NORMAN.tif in the subject line if you would like the image. Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-1042 Image No 331 Folio No 5 Page No 2 Entry No 3 Surname - NORMAN John 35, Mary Ann 35, Emma 10, Amelia 8, Obadiah 6, James 2. The address is Church Gate Street, Bury St Edmunds. John's occupation is Brush Maker (at least I think that's what it says) Kate :)

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 23:15

Hi Tom Sarah doesn’t come up in Hethersett but I found these ---- What do you think? Don’t know Norfolk at all I’m afraid so don’t know if the districts are close together. BASEY SARAH F 20 NORFOLK COTTONHAM FARM PANXWORTH NORFOLK (also John Basey, age 20) Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0785 Image No 100 Folio No 5 Page No 4 Entry No 17 Location details County NORFOLK Superintendent Registrar's District BLOFIELD Registrar's District WALSHAM Enumeration District No 7 Parish PANXWORTH City Township Place COTTONHAM FARM Household Number 570 Record details First name SARAH Last name BASEY Title Misc Age 20 Sex F Birth County NORFOLK MY IMAGE REF:0785-0100 BASEY AND THIS…. BASEY SARAH F 25 NORFOLK COLEGATE STREET NORWICH ST CLEMENT NORFOLK Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0788 Image No 153 Folio No 16 Page No 25 Entry No 12 Location details County NORFOLK Superintendent Registrar's District NORWICH Registrar's District COSLANY Enumeration District No 8 Parish ST CLEMENT City NORWICH Township Place COLEGATE STREET Household Number 1113 Record details First name SARAH Last name BASEY Title Misc Age 25 Sex F Birth County NORFOLK MY IMAGE REF: 0788_0153 BASSEY If you think either are any use, PM me your email addie and I'll send the images. Please use the 'MY IMAGE REF' in the subject line. Thanks Kate :)

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 14 Jul 2005 23:23

Kate, Thanks for that. I do not know yet if it is my Thomas. I will look into the family to see if I can find anything. Thanks again. Pat

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 23:32

Hello Lesley This may be the Richmonds: Edmund 25 Tailor, Sophia 25, George 6, Harriett 4, John 2, Samuel 8 mths. East Street, Bingham, Notts. Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0853 Image No 483 Folio No 1\31 Page No 27 Entry No 5 Location details County NOTTINGHAMSHIRE Superintendent Registrar's District BINGHAM Registrar's District BINGHAM Enumeration District No 2 Parish BINGHAM City Township Place EAST STREET Household Number 195 Record details First name HARRIETT Last name RICHMOND Title Misc Age 4 Sex F Birth County NOTTINGHAMSHIRE MY IMAGE REF: 0853_0483 RICHMOND Four Hannah Rowleys came up in Nottinghamshire but none that seemed to match your details – Sorry. If you would like the Richmond image send me your email addie via PM quoting MY IMAGE REF: 0853_0483 RICHMOND in the subject line. Cheers Kate

Padkat

Padkat Report 14 Jul 2005 23:36

Hi all Currently looking up for Jean after which I'll pick up my PM's and then off to bed. As I'm out tomorrow night it may be Saturday before I can get back on, but do leave your messages and I promise I will get back to you. Cheers Kate.

Michael

Michael Report 14 Jul 2005 23:40

Hi Kate, Thank you very much for the offer. Please could you look up William Atkinson (born c1824, Sibsey, Lincs) and George Wills (born c1810, Norwich, Norfolk; married to Rebecca and with a daughter Rosa born c1835). Thanks, Michael