Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone for Wilts Somerset Bristol ,Gloucestershir

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 14:26

Can be searched by all names including children. Worcs is about half the County and will be a Y/N unfortunately.

Sarah

Sarah Report 14 Jan 2005 14:28

Thanks for the offer. I have a Mary Jane Brine born in 1843 in Sparkford, Somerset. Many thanks Sarah

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 14:35

Here are those of that name. The only one born Sparkford is one. If you want the family of any of these let me know. Searching: CHARLTONHORETHORN51.TXT BRINE Mary Ann 10 Glover Charlton , Somerset Searching: CHARLTONMUSGROVE51.TXT BRINE Mary 10 At Home Wincanton , Somerset Searching: HENSTRIDGE51.TXT BRINE Mary 57 Charwoman Henstridge , Somerset Searching: KINGTONMAGNA51.TXT BRINE Mary 15 Glover Kington Magna , Dorset . Searching: MILBORNEPORT51.TXT BRINE Mary 39 Glover Lydlinch BRINE Mary 4 At Home Milborne Wick . Searching: MUDFORD51.TXT BRINE Mary Ann 5m Mudford , Somerset Searching: SPARKFORDETC51.TXT BRINE Mary 14 South Barrow , Somerset BRINE Mary 1 Sparkford , Somerset Searching: TEMPLECOOMBE51.TXT BRINE Mary 55 Milborne Port BRINE Mary 22 Laundress Temple Coombe . Somerset Searching: TRENT51.TXT BRINE Mary Ann 48 School Mistress Trent , Somerset BRINE Mary Ann 4 Scholar Trent , Somerset

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Jan 2005 14:41

Sarah, The age 1, could be a mistranscription of a 7, and could well be your Mary. Kath. x

Sarah

Sarah Report 14 Jan 2005 14:41

Thankyou Robin I'm not really sure ! Her age has been consistent in the 4 censuses from 1871. She was living in the Isle of wight during her married life but as she and her husband were both born in Somerset I had assumed she would have lived there during her childhood. Thankyou so much for your help. May well come back to you for help with her husbands family if that's not too cheeky. Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Report 14 Jan 2005 14:43

OH YES kATHLEEN, THANKYOU! I hadn't thought of that Robin, Is it possible to tell me who the Sparkford Mary is living with? Sarahx

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 14:45

Sarah Here she is just in case. BRINE Joseph 42 Sparkford, Som. Harriet 38 Castle Cary, Som. George 10 Plough Boy Sparkford, Som. Charles 8 Plough Boy Sparkford, Som. Mary 1 Sparkford, Som. Clothier James Lodger 20 Ag. Lab. Castle Cary, Som.

Karen

Karen Report 14 Jan 2005 14:54

Hi Robin, I wonder if you could help me with 2 names please. Am looking for John Parr born in Notts but married and raised his family in Bristol/Cheltenham area. He was born c1827. Also looking for his wife-to-be Louisa Whyatt born c 1832 in Bristol... Hoping you can help, Karen

Sarah

Sarah Report 14 Jan 2005 15:02

Thankyou Robin Regards Sarah

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 15:05

Karen No trace of either in Bristol/Soms. You can get Glos on line for 1851. I may have something on John in Notts if you know where he was born. Belay the above. This may be her in Bristol Temple. WYATT says WHYATT John 49 Sugar Boiler Upton Sarah 46 Milliner Bitton Louisa 18 Nil Bitton John 9 Scholar Bristol Temple Joseph 3 Bristol Temple GINGEL Margaret Visitor 15 Former Servant Bitton WYATT Samuel 6 Scholar Bristol

Karen

Karen Report 14 Jan 2005 15:12

Thanks anyway Robin Unfortunately all i know about John Parr is that he was born in Notts , which is VERY little to go on! Am trying to find his marriage cert - so maybe that will give me a clue .. Appreciate your time and effort, Best wishes Karen

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 15:20

Karen Nearest christening is John Parr 26.8.1827 Nottingham St Mary Father Richard mother Mary. He is a Brick layer living in Clare Street. There are others 1828.

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 15:29

Rosemary This is the only one so far with father apparently William Bristol DSt Augustine RICH Louisa Widow/er 73 Annuitant Birley Gloucestershire RICH Ann 49 Bristol Mary 47 Bristol Louisa 40 Bristol William 39 Married Naturalist Bristol Rose Wife Daughter in Law 27 Exeter RICH William Grandson 3 Bristol There is one other 3 year old in Temple but parents are John/Jemima. Rose Grand Daughter 2 Bristol Arthur Grandson 11m Bristol GRIFFITHS Ann Servant 24 Pembrokeshire HEARD Ann Servant 17 Tiverton

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 14 Jan 2005 15:42

Hi, Geoff, You've gone a bit quiet so could you see if there are any Charlesworth's in Wiltshire,please. Not holding my breath!! How are you getting on with the move or shouldn't I ask!!! Regards,Tricia

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 15:46

Hi Tricia Not much movement at this end and no Charlesworths in Wiltshire surprisingly. All the best Robin

Loops

Loops Report 14 Jan 2005 15:47

thankyou for your kind offer, Could you look up a Stephen Whiddick born 1851, in 1851 he would have been living in Timsbury North Somerset. He was a coal miner probably married. Regards Louise

Tiamo

Tiamo Report 14 Jan 2005 15:57

Thanks, Geoff. Think they all went to Bucks - would have been nice. Thanks for looking, Cheers,Tricia

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 15:59

Loops All the Stephens in Timsbury are coal miners but none of that surname nor can I find him anywhere else. Robin

Robin

Robin Report 14 Jan 2005 16:08

Carrie Here are the Gray family. Shaftsbury does not appear on my lists. GRAY Charles 55 Hughway Labourer Semley, Wilts Maria 47 Melbury Cornelius 13 Ag. Lab.ll James 8 Scholar Semley, Wilts

Karen

Karen Report 14 Jan 2005 17:56

Thanks Robin, All i Have to find now is a marriage cert for those two , to confirm that the details are right! Am very grateful to you Robin, Karen