Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can do Northants parish records & census look-ups

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steph

Steph Report 6 Sep 2004 19:37

Hi, am offering my services, now little one back at school. Can visit central library in Northampton that holds parish records and census's. Please give as much info as poss, if the person you are looking for is in Northampton itself, a parish would be helpful. Can only do a few a week, but can work through them all eventually, so bear with me. Please post under this thread, not direct e-mail. Steph x

Steph

Steph Report 6 Sep 2004 22:38

Louise, I don't think a trade directory will help. Everyone was a shoemaker in Northampton at that time!! However, will check the 1871 census for you, starting at Scarletwell Street. Will get back to you asap.

Heather

Heather Report 6 Sep 2004 22:44

Hi Steph Thank you very much for your kind offer, could you look on the 1841 census for John and Charlotte Quincey and family. They lived in Titchmarsh, Northamptonshire. Thanks again Heather

Steph

Steph Report 6 Sep 2004 22:58

have made a note Heather, and will get back to you when sorted, Steph x

Heather

Heather Report 6 Sep 2004 23:11

Thanks Steph, there's no rush. Heather

Steph

Steph Report 6 Sep 2004 23:12

Northampton was THE shoemaking capital of the midlands. I have been researching my husband's tree and his family go back to 1830s in Northampton. All are in the shoe trade, that's over 30 of them, including the women! Have you checked out Alan Clarke's Northampton site? www(.)northants1841(.)fsnet(.)co(.)uk. Brilliant stuff on the shoe making industry and history of Northampton.

Steph

Steph Report 7 Sep 2004 08:11

nudge, for anyone who was not on-line last night.

Crista

Crista Report 7 Sep 2004 08:28

Hi Steph, Thanks for this kind offer. I'm looking for the marriage of a Uriah Stretton to a Betsy ???? probably in Gretton in the June quarter of 1852. I believe this entry on FreeBMD could be one but there are no corresponding spouses. Marriages Jun 1852 STREETS Uriah Uppingham 7a 429 Thanks very much, Crista

Mary

Mary Report 7 Sep 2004 09:22

I'm looking for details of the marriages of the following: John Thomas Hearn b.1881 Bedford (moved to Northants after 1901) Mabel Ann Barnett b.1880 Hargrave Mary E. Barnett b.1871 Hargrave Emma Elizabeth Barnett b.1876 Hargrave Anything on Pendereds in Wymington, especially John (m.Mary Stanley 1790) Enoch Rogers b.1828 Earls Barton Sorry - thats all the info I have on these folk. Many thanks Mary

Steph

Steph Report 7 Sep 2004 10:51

made a note, Emma & Crista. Crista, I use to live in Gretton!!!!!& went to school with a David Stretton in nearby Corby!!! Spooky!

Steph

Steph Report 7 Sep 2004 11:19

No probs, Julie. ;-)

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 7 Sep 2004 12:50

Hi Steph It's me again!! Wondered if you can find birth of William Hudson from Easton on the Hill, Northants. I've got his marriage cert and in Oct 1877 he was 36 years old. According to the LDS website he was christened 5 July 1841 at Stamford Baron Saint Martin Northants. His mother's name was Sarah. I thought she was unmarried as it only gives her name but on his marriage cert it states his father was Jonathon Hudson - deceased. Very grateful Jenny

Helen in Berkshire

Helen in Berkshire Report 7 Sep 2004 17:20

Hi Steph Thanks for the offer. Do you know if the library holds non-conformist records, such as those for Castle Hill Independent in Northampton? I am looking for a marriage in about 1820/1 of Edward KEY and Rebecca RATNETT, some of whose children were born and baptised at Castle Hill from 1822 onwards, according to the IGI. I am not sure whether to look at the non-conformist records, or if not, which church records to look at, as I have been told that non-conformists were supposed to marry in C of E churches at that time. If this is too big a request, please don't go to any trouble. Thanks in advance Helen

Steph

Steph Report 7 Sep 2004 18:52

Helen & Jennifer, no problem, with check them out for you both. Obviously, it may take me a few weeks to get back to some of you, busy housewife & mum, but I will get back to you all!!!

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 7 Sep 2004 20:38

Thanks Steph Please will you e-mail me direct with your findings as I'll be away for a couple of weeks. I'm very grateful to you for giving up your time to search for me. Cheers Jenny

Steph

Steph Report 7 Sep 2004 20:43

no problem, Jennifer. Will probably e-mail all direct, save everyone having to check back on the boards.

K

K Report 7 Sep 2004 20:51

Hi Steph, Please could you possibly have a look for me I would be very Grateful. I am looking for a birth/Baptism of a Charles Gray around 1805 in Stanion, Northampton. Would like to know who his parents were and if he had any siblings. Unfortunately by 1841 he was already married to Elizabeth Newton, And IGI and BVRI hasn't any records of him. I can see you've been unindated with requests, so if you don't have time, no Worries. Keren

Steph

Steph Report 7 Sep 2004 21:21

will add you to the list, keren!

Crista

Crista Report 7 Sep 2004 21:33

Wow Steph! That is a bit spooky. Crista

Steph

Steph Report 7 Sep 2004 21:42

Crista, I know!!! My parents had a pub there, 'The Talbot Inn', when I was a teenager. Even spookier, my husband is a lorry driver , and he's going to Gretton first thing in the morning!! There is a Gretton website, actually,have you seen it? Can't recall address, but found it on Google search.