Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census sites

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 20 Feb 2004 15:36

There are lots of sites on the Web for the Scottish Census returns. And CLDS have the full British 1881 census on CD's for about £30 sterling. I have it and it if anyone wants a look up, just let me know. For my own name McNaughtan ( 20 different spellings) , I have over 5000 hatches matches and dispatches on record from the OPR and Stats. With some other family names: Mcfarlane, McIntyre, Caldow, Cunningham, Bowes, McMillan, McAlpine, Mcgee, Sidey, Clark, Carmichael, Stewart, Stuart, Nielson, Gow, Miller, Gentleman, Menzies, Radcliffe, McLean, Stevenson, Gibson, Wallace, Nairn, Jack, Stenhouse, Higgins McIntyre and Fawkes. The above names that I have in my records are only from Scotland. If I can be of help just let me know Awrabest Frae a rather pleasant day in Glasgow Davie

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 20 Feb 2004 17:15

Hi David Are your 1881 for Britain on Cd the Originals before transcription? I ask because I think I have been barking up the wrong tree--LOL and would like to double check something. Would you look for Emma Lazenby age 34 widow on the LDS site it says born Middlesbro but I think this has been wrongly transcribed and I think it should be Middleton Tyas. they were living at Alma Parade Redcar, Yorks, with Alice,John and William. Then I can start again with this family Regards Ann,Darlington

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 20 Feb 2004 18:01

David Is it the original ot Transcribed?? Ann

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 20 Feb 2004 18:02

Hu Again And can you check Emma l 1847 York York please

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 20 Feb 2004 18:40

Thank you for that Regards Ann

Agnes

Agnes Report 20 Feb 2004 19:46

hi david,im trying to trace isabella roddick born in inverkeithing dunfermline in 1878 her father was joseph roddick and her mother was rachel maiden name nelson would be greatful for any help you can give me thanks nancy

Agnes

Agnes Report 20 Feb 2004 19:46

hi david,im trying to trace isabella roddick born in inverkeithing dunfermline in 1878 her father was joseph roddick and her mother was rachel maiden name nelson would be greatful for any help you can give me thanks nancy

Agnes

Agnes Report 20 Feb 2004 19:51

hi david, also trying to find elizabeth mccartney maiden name montgomerie or montgomery she died about 1885 and she was married to william mccartney he died about 1876 thanks for any help nancy

David

David Report 20 Feb 2004 19:57

Agnes, here are the family in 1881 And I have some info on Gavin Dwelling: Abbot Place Census Place: Inverkeithing, Fife, Scotland Marr Age Sex Birthplace Joseph RODDICK M 36 M Ross, Dumfries, Scotland Rel: Head Occ: Block Telegraph Signalman Rachel RODDICK M 36 F Gretna Green, Dumfries, Scotland Rel: Wife Thomas RODDICK U 14 M Gretna Green, Dumfries, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Boilermaker (Apprentice) Harriet J. RODDICK U 12 F England Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar William C. RODDICK 11 M Gretna Green, Dumfries, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar Jessie R. RODDICK 9 F Coatbridge, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar Gavin N. RODDICK 5 M Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar Isabella N. RODDICK 2 F Inverkeithing, Fife, Scotland Rel: Daur

Agnes

Agnes Report 20 Feb 2004 20:02

yer a wee stoater david have been trying to find this for months as you can guess im from scotland as well very much appreciated thanks nancy aw ra best

David

David Report 20 Feb 2004 20:22

Hi agnes, Gavin Neilson Roddick was born in 1874 in Bridgeton, Glasow

David

David Report 20 Feb 2004 20:30

Once again Agnes I think Gavin's mum and Dad were married in 1866 at Gretna Green

Terence

Terence Report 20 Feb 2004 20:33

Any chance of Pincher family info from the tipton / west bromwich area. I have about 10 male relations who would have been between the ages of 22 to 35 who must be listed somewhere in 1881. Thanks, Terry Pincher

Agnes

Agnes Report 20 Feb 2004 20:55

hi david, yes you are right his parents were married at gretna and you have been a great help to me once again i cant thank you enough for finding the rest of the family thanks nancy

Agnes

Agnes Report 20 Feb 2004 21:13

hi david sorry to bother you again but can you find samuel knox and jane knox maiden name kerr they stayed in the muirkirk area of ayrshire thanks nancy

Agnes

Agnes Report 20 Feb 2004 21:18

david can you also find duncan campbell bramwell taylor and agnes taylor maiden name mcneil they came from the glasgow area its either calton or camlachie district sorry to be a nuisance nancy

Jan

Jan Report 20 Feb 2004 21:30

Hi David I am looking for Millers also but dont know much about them my husbands ggrandmother was called Jessie Miller Reid her mother and father were Thomas Reid and martha Heaps Jessie was born in Chester. Thomas was born in Scotland St Cuthberts,Edinburgh, 1846 son of John Reid and Janet Miller Thomas was the brother of John Reid 1843 William Reid 1848 Mary bella Reid 1851 all christened in St Cuthberts I would love to know anything else about them as Reid is now a family name my husband's middle and last names are noe Reid Nickless and so is my son. Not knowing the ages of the parents would be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but have you anymore ideas on how to trace them? Jan x

David

David Report 20 Feb 2004 21:32

Hi agnes Ah'm a Camlachie Boay masel.born in Glenpark Street in1947 My Faither's fainily were frae the Calton that is why I have so much info aboot the place

Agnes

Agnes Report 20 Feb 2004 21:40

hi david,allmy ancestors on my mums side are all from that area,rogurt st bernardst commleypark st to name but a few some of the names are taylor gibson mcneil mccartney this is just some of them you probably know these streets very well i myself stay in east kilbride although originaly from glasgow , barmulloch and blackhill you will know these areas im sure nancy

David

David Report 20 Feb 2004 21:48

Know all the streets well and the places, If you e-mail me I will be able to assist better. I have only joined this site in the last week or so, but have lots of info on the East-end