Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tragic news

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 21 Dec 2003 09:04

My beautiful son was tragically killed in a road accident three days ago he was 16 years old. Is there any body who has also been or going through this I am comforting to not to shut out the support which my family and friends are providing. People say that words don't help but i can assure you they do! Some of the achievements my son aquired are 10 GCSE's and he earned the respect of many people. He also attended kick boxing and he is featured on the newsletter on www.cobrafma.co.uk. He has also wrote poetry on www.poetry.com just type in the name callum Hughes I am so proud of him

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 21 Dec 2003 09:47

Thank you Elaine Always show him how much you love him - fortunately I did Roseanne

Dawn

Dawn Report 21 Dec 2003 09:57

Dearest Roseanne, Just logged on and saw your message. I felt like I was kicked in the stomach. My heart goes out to you, I have 3 sons 34, 23, and 18. They are my life and I love them deeply. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling but you will be in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Please be comforted to know you are not alone and I know all the people on this message board will be with you in spirit. God Bless from Dawn in New Zealand

Valerie

Valerie Report 21 Dec 2003 09:58

Roseanne, It's hard to find words to express the heartfelt sympathy I feel for you in this terrible time you are going through. I am sure you will cherish the happy memories you have of the wonderful son of whom you feel so proud and find comfort in the love of friends and family. Thinking of you, Valerie.

Sue

Sue Report 21 Dec 2003 09:59

Roseanne I cannot begin to understand how you will be feeling at this sad time, but my thoughts are with you and your family. I have looked at the Cobra newsletter - what a lovely young man. Sue

Kerry

Kerry Report 21 Dec 2003 10:07

Roseanne, my heart and thoughts are with you and your family. i cant even start to think how you feel. my daughter is 7 tomorrow and she is my world. all the best. kerry.

Michele

Michele Report 21 Dec 2003 10:09

Dear Roseanne I cannot express how deeply your loss has affected me today. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Deepest sympathy Michele

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 21 Dec 2003 10:10

roseanne i have just read your message and i am in tears.i cannot begin to think what you are going thruough.i have 3 sons and a daughter and ,although they are all in their 20's they are still my babies and i would be devasted if anything happened to them. i will be thinking of you at this sad time god bless roseane love and hugs susie

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 21 Dec 2003 10:11

Thank you your words are very comforting he loved travelling and has been to spain, turkey eqypt, syria and greece. He is receiving condolences from all over the world - he could never understand why they are wars and never had a bad word to say against anybody - is goal was to travel the word and he was working hard at college to achieve it. He is achieving his ambition in a different way from people like you Thank you

Chelly

Chelly Report 21 Dec 2003 10:23

My heart goes out to you, I just cannot express my thoughts at your sad loss. Shirley

Dawn

Dawn Report 21 Dec 2003 10:36

Roseanne, Have just looked at the 2 web sites. What a lovely young man and what beautiful words, they have touched a heart the otherside of the world. Take care and be sure you are not alone. Dawn in NZ

Yvette

Yvette Report 21 Dec 2003 10:48

Roseanne I have just seen your message and my heart goes out to you and your family. I also have a 16 year old son and i cant begin to imagine how you must be feeling, i am so desperatley sorry for your loss. Your son sounds like a fine young man who had a wonderful life and was very much loved, not only should you be proud of him, but also of yourselves. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please consider this a 'virtual' hug. Yvette

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 21 Dec 2003 11:51

Roseanne, that's terrible news, I'm so sorry. My brother is 16. One of his classmates, Emma, was killed in a car crash two weeks ago, and he has been quite upset about it. My sympathies go out to you.

Janet

Janet Report 21 Dec 2003 12:18

Roseanne, what can I say? I am so desperately sorry to hear such news. You are so rightly proud of his achievements, you must have some wonderful memories to hold on to. Be brave, we are all sending supporting and comforting thoughts to you. Jan.

Janice

Janice Report 21 Dec 2003 12:19

Dear Roseanne & Family My thoughts and that of my family are with you all at this time of great sorrow. God Bless Janice

Sally

Sally Report 21 Dec 2003 12:50

Dear Dear Roseanne, It is very difficult to know what to write, I have 5 children and 13 grandchildren and do not know what I would do if anything happened to any of them. You message has made me look at myself, how I am inclined to take so many things for granted. MY household throw our love to you, be strong and take care.

Mary

Mary Report 21 Dec 2003 13:04

Roseanne, I have two sons and I don`t even want to think how you must feel. Sending all my love at this sad time. You must keep talking about him and let the tears flow where ever and when ever. love Mary

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 21 Dec 2003 13:57

Roseanne. My heart is broken for you,,Nothing anyone can say will ever make the hurt and pain feel less. Keep talking about him,,,,cry all that you need to and remember that he is just a thought away. Treasure the wonderful golden memories that he has given you. My thought sand love are with you and i know that all of your friends on GC are here whenever you need us. Claire xx

Roseanne

Roseanne Report 21 Dec 2003 14:44

God Bless you all so much I am finding comfort in my computer and all the messages you are all sending. Bob I am so sorry, I have printed out your messageI keep reading it. I am so sorry for you and your family but it is helping me by knowing that although i am sorry for the loss of your son you are surviving - because i know i need to for my other two children. Are children our are world, arn't they! The poem "my beatiful son you are to me" I am having read out at the funeral. What beautiful kind people you all are and i also realised this from the searches that everybody helps each other with. Thank you Roseanne xxxx

Bob

Bob Report 21 Dec 2003 15:44

Roseane You will never get over this tragedy. You will learn to live with it. You will find a brave face for the world. Your friends will stop talking about him but you won’t and he will always live in your heart. You will find a way to get on with the day to day business of living but it will never be the same. You will ask over and over, “Why him, when there are so many horrible people out there?” and no one will be able to answer because there is no answer. It will get worse before it gets better. At first there is the whole business of dealing with sudden death. Stuff you only ever saw in TV drama suddenly becomes real and you are in the middle of it. There are decisions to make, stuff to arrange. How you will deal with all this in a home full of Christmas is beyond me, but you will. All of this `business` will keep you going but after, when it’s all over and there is nothing more to do, there will just be this big empty space in your life. You need all the help you can get. Most people have no idea how to help, what to say, what to do. Try to help them to help you. There is no “right way” or “wrong way” to behave. One day you will laugh again – and then feel guilty. When you see other people with their sons you will envy them. When strangers boast of their son’s achievements you will bite your lip. I promise it does get better. Little things at first; you will mention his name without crying; find something of his and not burst into tears; sleep through the night without the nightmares. Slowly, eventually life takes over again. Not the life you planned but another life. Life without your son. I lost my 19 year old son in a car accident on 6th October 2003 and not an hour goes past that I don’t think of him. Bob