Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

parents of

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Garry David

Garry David Report 7 Mar 2010 20:05

Hi its Garry David AGAIN? i have been firmly told not to remove a thread when you lovely people are still trying to look up things for me so I do apologise anyway when we finished on friday night before I deleted my thread we had got so far Herbert Watkinson was born in York Yorkshire in 1892 died 1933 aged 40 was married to elizabeth squirrell born in middlesborough in april 15 1898 married at York Registry office on the 11 oct 1914 herbert joined the Army in 1915 with the regiment of artillery and left army in 1920 at that time was residing at Brittama cottage Heworth york a telegrame went out for his arrest for desertion of duty and disobeying a order while in the army and that is as far as we got Garry David

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 7 Mar 2010 20:15

So what do you want to know? Your message doesn't say

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 7 Mar 2010 20:16

looking for the parents of...........

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 7 Mar 2010 20:33

silly me - should have spotted that!
Do you have his marriage cert which would show is father's name

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 7 Mar 2010 20:33

It was my doing that he has put the thread back, having deleted it twice.

Give the man a bit of time - there were a few of us helping him out, when someone told him that now he'd found the marriage to Herbert and Elizabeth he should delete the thread cos it was cluttering up the boards. Consequently, some of us in the middle of doing things lost all our hard work - and I, for one, have forgotten where I was up to.

I am hoping people will come back and add what they found on the previous two threads.

Herbert and Elizabeth had six children, just in case we need to know at some point - Queenie, Fred, Doris, Frank, John and Arthur. EDIT and James Herbert as mentioned below.

Maureen was looking for Gertrude Watkinson, but I can't remember who she was - or why we were looking for her.

Was just trying to regain the status quo.

EDIT I think he's sending for the marriage cert.

Garry David

Garry David Report 7 Mar 2010 20:35

thanks for responding We where trying to find the parents of Herbert Watkinson born1892 in york yokshire he dosent seem to be on any 1901 census Garry David

Garry David

Garry David Report 7 Mar 2010 20:42

Thanks Mad MEG they also had a child called herbert and doris and i think the two females died quite suddenly in infancy Garry David

Moody Blue

Moody Blue Report 7 Mar 2010 20:45

Would this be his birth reference?

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915
about Herbert Watkinson
Name: Herbert Watkinson
Year of Registration: 1892
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: York
County: Yorkshire - East Riding, Yorkshire - North Riding, North Yorkshire, Yorkshire - West Riding
Volume: 9d
Page: 58

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 7 Mar 2010 20:46

hi I hoped you would return.now in spite of not wanting to buy the marriage cert, there are too many options to guess, without knowing his father's name and possible occupation.

should you want to view the army records please click on my name and send me your email address and I will send them to you.

Moody Blue

Moody Blue Report 7 Mar 2010 20:51

Herbert & Elizabeth Watkinson also had a son called

James Herbert Watkinson born 06/07/1916 Heworth.............hie is listed on the army records of Herbert.

Garry David

Garry David Report 7 Mar 2010 20:53

Good on yer Moody Blue Thats the Herbert Watkinson What we are looking for is HIS parents so i can go down the blood line of the Watkinsons A lot of people have said send for his birth cert unless some one can find them Garry david

Michelle

Michelle Report 7 Mar 2010 20:59

are you sure he isn't the Herbert Watkinson on the 1901 census aged 10? there's always a chance they got his age wrong )a few of my relatives have been spelled incorrectly or had different ages on different census years)

Garry David

Garry David Report 7 Mar 2010 21:13

Hi Michell it could be But he died Aged 40 In Nov 1933 its on his grave stone Garry David

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 7 Mar 2010 21:16

Garry David-if this thread goes away you are in BIG trouble. (just joking,but semi-serious).

I truly think that the birth for your Herbert is the one in York. 1892

However,something seems to be "off" because none of us are able to spot him in 1901 or 1911.

Various reasons come to mind:
a) He was illegitimate and Mum married later.
b) He was fostered out and took the other familiy's name.
c)Father died and Mum re-married so he's under that name.

I was looking at "everything Watkinson" during a 5 year span in York. (1895+ minus) This is where Gertrude comes in. I don't see her in 1901 or 1911,but there's a marriage in York in 1914 that could be hers. Red herring anyone??

Maureen

Garry David

Garry David Report 7 Mar 2010 21:20

Dear Cathy i dont think it is him but it was a good try i do remember the Hospital in Monkgate very well it is a great big hotel now and it is not cheap we have a great big spanking new hospital now well its ten years old now Garry David

Garry David

Garry David Report 7 Mar 2010 21:32

Dear Maureenny there was a wedding in 1914 at york regisrty office but it was between herbert watkinson and elizabeth squirell i have found that ok no problem Garry David

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 7 Mar 2010 21:43

Right,Garry David-I was just trying (in my own mad method) to see if I could find any brothers or sisters to your Herbert.
Maureen

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 7 Mar 2010 21:45

There you are Garry David - I told you there were some reasonable people on here.

Now remind me - how do you know Herbert was married on 11 Oct 1914?, you must have the marriage cert. So who is his father and his occupation? It seems you haven't got it, maybe that's where we should go next. Though I think you're going to have to get that 1892 birth as well. One at a time.

Back to Gertrude Watson and Maureen's ideas, not got me 'ed round 'em.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 7 Mar 2010 21:49

job done.

Now let me explain about deleting ,not everyone is researching the same family at the same time.
If you leave your threads on the boards here they take no room up on your computer.
At some time in the future a little dolphin or squirrel may happen upon your thread and contact you. By which time you will be an authority on the family.!

edit records sent

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 7 Mar 2010 21:59

WATKINSON.
I know someone out there will understand my search for Gertrude.

Maureen