Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Temple st Lambeth

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Potty

Potty Report 13 Dec 2012 13:05

Sorry, John, I was asking Annabel! Just wondering where she got her info from as I have never seen that sort (ie father's name and address) on any school census.

I have found a William Jones in the 1901 census living near Walnut Tree Walk and just wondered if there was a connection.

John

John Report 13 Dec 2012 12:51

If you're asking ME, Potty - no, I haven't. Kennington Road is one big road!

Potty

Potty Report 13 Dec 2012 12:45

Did you find William's info on the census? I am having trouble finding him in 1891.

John

John Report 13 Dec 2012 12:20

There's a Temple Street listed for Southwark/St George the Martyr Southwark, which may come under Lambeth, but a cursory look at these doesn't reveal a George Jones.

A wild guess, but there happens to be a George Jones on the Kennington Road, Lambeth 1891 393. 69. 5

jax

jax Report 13 Dec 2012 04:14

Not seeing a number 5 in 1891 on find my past

Annabel

Annabel Report 13 Dec 2012 03:10

Where can I look to see who lived at 5 Temple st Lambeth in the 1891 census.

Have a William Jones born 1883 at school

Walnut Tree Walk School
Address: KENNINGTON ROAD
Borough: Lambeth

his father George Jones Address 5 Temple st

thank you Annabel