Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Roman Catholic Baptism records

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 6 Jan 2013 16:19

Sarah - I found it on the new Outgoing Passenger records on Ancestry. I don't know if there are any South African records on there as I don't have worldwide membership.

Another possibility is the situation I had with my gt. grandfather who apparently disappeared after the 1881 census. He was put as deceased on his children's wedding certificates but I couldn't find a death for him. There was a family rumour that he had run off with another woman and after years of searching on and off I found he had left his wife for his brother-in-law's widow and was using her surname, instead of his own So perhaps your David was still around but calling himself something other than Read.

Good luck with your search