Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to sayonara from the boards

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 31 May 2013 05:51

Does anybody know how to remove/delete all ones posts from the boards in one swoop.

Can't find any way to do it.

GenealogyResearchAssistance

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 31 May 2013 06:29

I'm afraid that ability doesn't exist. The only way to delete post is to do so individually. Even if you delete your account they remain on the boards hence if you search TootyFruity you will find 1000's of posts on my old account.

Support may be able to help

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 May 2013 06:37

That's true

you have to do it through My Threads, go onto every thread, and delete your posts one by one

but something went wrong in the updating 2 years ago, and threads from which you have deleted posts no longer always disappear from My Threads. In fact, most of them remain in the listing

Various people have complained to GR about this problem ............... but there are other more serious things to be corrected first.

But why delete them??

They are not stored on your computer, but on GR's server.

so they are not taking up any room on your computer ................... and they are permanently on the internet anyway.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 31 May 2013 08:39

I was advised NOT to delete my account because I was told it would delete my posts and threads so im not sure that TootyFruity is correct? Did you delete or just let your membership laps then open a new account.

I do no that GR can remove all your posts/threads from the boards so it may be worth asking them.

sayonara

Roy

Persephone

Persephone Report 31 May 2013 09:16

Roy, think Toots did delete her account if I remember correctly and then when I told her I stayed a free member after I decided to let my account lapse.

Toots returned as a free member and then we both opened our wallets and returned and everyone rejoiced..

Persie

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 31 May 2013 10:03

Why would one want to delete all of one's past posts anyway.
They do not take up space on your computer and you would leave threads with holes?
LK

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 31 May 2013 10:25

Persephone, Difficult to say either way, I did a search as Toots suggested but it only returned one result and that was for this thread, despite it showing 259 posts according to Toots's profile, It would help if all the functions on this site worked as they should? that could also explain your situation,

I do know of a member who has left the site and all their posts/threads disappeared when the account was deleted

Roy

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 31 May 2013 10:36

Meant to say in my original post and stay a GR member with a tree on the site.

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 31 May 2013 11:29

I deleted my original account and when I returned I resurrected an old thread on general chat asking for chicken and fish recipes. I even got GR to check it had need deleted. I resigned as a new free member to report a thread which potentially put a possibly vulnerable 82year old at risk from someone claiming to be a close a close relative. They were not and GR would not review the tread unless reported by a member. When I'm back on my PC I will post a link to the recipe thread as you will see both accounts on there.

There are also some on suggestions about always having to keep logging in. Joy used to keep bumping it up.

Renes

Renes Report 31 May 2013 11:55

Here it is Toots

It was in my threads coz I posted on to it and for the ""pastry""

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1246080

Persephone

Persephone Report 31 May 2013 12:18

I also have that recipe cause I had to check it out when you mentioned it to me Toots.

Sorry ignored you Renes darling.. hope you had a lovely holiday.

Persie xx

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 31 May 2013 12:27

Persephone

Persephone Report 31 May 2013 12:37

LK

I am not sure but I think Sue would probably like to delete her posts because it is a personal choice.

This thread will undoubtedly end up in the ether capacious.

cheers Persie xx

Renes

Renes Report 31 May 2013 12:57

Thanks Percie

seems like the "Canuck" pastry is world renown :-D

EDIT .... Not sure of my spelling as it looked odd - but it is okay ....

Renown or Reknown?
Renown means "fame." Renowned is the adjective form meaning "famous."

Reknown does not exist in English. Apparently it is drawn from confusion with known.

Persephone

Persephone Report 31 May 2013 13:19

:-) :-) :-) :-)

You confused ... no how could that happen. :-S

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 1 Jun 2013 19:36

One can learn something everyday. As there is an option to delete ones tree there should be the same option offered to delete ones own posts on GR boards in one hit.

Think I'll float a thread on the suggestions board.

Edit: change of wording as original didn't read as intended

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 1 Jun 2013 19:56

GR is never going to give the power of censorship over another persons posts to members as this will cause chaos. The boards would be empty as tit for tat deletions could ensue.

They have given us the ability to report unsavoury posts which they will review for content.

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 1 Jun 2013 23:26

One can only learn something new every day only if one has an open mind which is willing to accept new ideas, be willing to look at them from all angles and review one's own opinions when new information becomes available.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Jun 2013 23:31

One film by Marlon Brando I have never seen

Sayonara is a 1957 color (Technicolor) American film starring Marlon Brando. The picture tells the story of an American Air Force flier who was an ace fighter pilot during the Korean War.

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 2 Jun 2013 01:52

Sayonara from one of the boreds.

Maureen