Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

3 FREE days on Ancestry

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 16 Feb 2007 18:19

No credit card needed. Discovered this afternoon and been accessing 1901 census no problems. Just clicked on the start free 3 day button. Jac

Sidami

Sidami Report 16 Feb 2007 18:29

can you let me have the web site please

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 16 Feb 2007 18:31

I think Jacqui must have gone offline to try Ancestry!! I will just go and have a look at the website. Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 16 Feb 2007 18:33

Hi Jacqui, Does it start today?? and why 3 free days, they had this a short time ago too. Wonder if I can still get it even although I had free days before// Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 16 Feb 2007 18:35

No I can't find anything free on Ancestry either. Betty

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 16 Feb 2007 18:41

Hey all Its to celebrate African American history month (of something to that effect), try this page. http://landing.ancestry*com/aahistory/default.aspx Though i'm still not sure how you access the offer... Mhairi

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 16 Feb 2007 18:43

Thank you Mhairi, Will give it a go!! Betty

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 16 Feb 2007 18:49

Wohoo! My account settings now state that i have complete access to Ancestry! So go to the website mentioned above do a search in the search box (anything will do) then check your 'account' (top right hand corner) Happy Hunting Mhair

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 16 Feb 2007 18:54

Just do a search in the search box!!!!! Anything! Then you will have access, well it works for me! Mhairi

ElaineM

ElaineM Report 16 Feb 2007 18:55

Well done Mhairi Works for me too. I'm supposed to be doing my University degree work but thats just gone out the window. This is far more interesting. Elaine

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 16 Feb 2007 18:59

I have already registered my details with Ancestry (during the last 3 free days offer) and have a log on name etc. Wonder if they will still give me 3 more free days. Betty

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 16 Feb 2007 19:09

Sorry I did wander off but seems you are finding it now There should be a button to press Jac

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 16 Feb 2007 19:09

Sure they will Betty The last two times i've got '3 free days' Though in reality i got 9 :) Could have been 12 but the offer ran out. I signed up with my two email accounts, plus my uni one and my mums one :) So i got 3 days with each, all on the same account. Mhairi

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 16 Feb 2007 19:10

Thinking about it I went in by the ancestry box on rootsweb just to confuse the issue But if you do a search on ancestry*com it should give you the free button Jac

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 16 Feb 2007 19:15

Susan, Do you have a user name ect with ancestry already? If not you may have to make up one. If you do then try going into the search page (link in the bar near the top of the page, third one in). Just try doing a search in one of the census and try to bring up an image, let me know if it works of not. Mhairi

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 16 Feb 2007 19:30

I thought that at first, that i didnt have access cause i wasnt being shown dates and things, seems to have sorted itself now. Glad you got in Mhairi

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 16 Feb 2007 20:09

Thanks MQof Scots for explaining I just realised that you might need to be a registered guest . Glad you've all found it , I'm back off to play Jacqui

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 16 Feb 2007 20:14

shame it's not the uk one Josie

Susan

Susan Report 16 Feb 2007 20:26

Joseanne It does include the English census.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 16 Feb 2007 21:16

Why am I only getting America on this 3 free days thing. Betty