Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CLOSED NOW - Vote Here - CLOSED NOW

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 1 Sep 2006 22:52

Me me me me me!

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 1 Sep 2006 22:52

Ladies and Gentlemen, the hour is upon us indeed. Your votes are now being taken. They will be counted and verified at 11.30 pm and the winner will be announced shortly thereafter. A running commentary and swingometer is being run on an adjacent thread by the kind lady Louise, if you would like to make an exit statement please make it there. PLEASE DO NOTHING ELSE OTHER THAN VOTE ON THIS THREAD. There follows three Election Promise Statements from the three candidates – read them and choose well my fellow boardees: Mr Glen Tinsel Knickers: Mascot An object, ,person or animal supposed to bring luck As a mascot does not need policies my manifesto is complete. I trust if anyone feels that I have brought them luck they will vote accordingly. Perhaps candidates should have their own mascot to ensure luck is with them The NEW Tinsel Knickered candidate Mr Paul Barton Special Agent: Four score and fifteen years ago, our fathers brought forth on this nation a new census, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are required to register. We here highly resolve that these censuses shall not have been gathered in vain — that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom of access to the 1911 census, filled in by the people, for the people, and for the people of 2006. We shall fight for the release of that census, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength, we shall defend our right to view it, whatever the cost to ancestry.com may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! I have discovered that my ancestor Julius Fritz was a Prussian. Therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words 'Ich bin ein Berliner!'' And so, my fellow genealogists, ask not what your family records centre can do for you; ask what you can do for your family records centre. I have a dream. I have a dream that one day BMD certificates will be delivered in the following day’s post. I have a dream that missing census pages will be located and replaced. I have a dream that the 1841 census will specify place of birth. I have a dream that the IGI will only bear verified information. I have a dream that spelling mistakes will be abolished from all censuses and transcriptions will be 100% accurate. I have a dream that Records centres will offer a 24-hour helpline. I have a dream that partners will show an interest in genealogy. I have a dream that Certificates will be supplied free of charge…'Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, they're free at last!' I have nothing to offer but documents covered in blood, soil, tears and sweat. I do not underestimate the cost of a subscription to ancestry.com. Never in the field of human genealogy was so much owed by so many to so few. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Library lasts for a thousand years, men will still book 60 minutes at the Internet café and say,….. 'This was their finest hour!' Ms Nell Gwynne and Ms Maid Marion (joint candidacy): Maid Marion (FitzWalter) From the twelfth century am I - and, therefore, am not au fait with communication and other matters of this century. However, I would promise to endeavour: to offer friendship and support, and kindly words - all who know me can vouch that this I do well; to fight for justice; to right that which is wrong throughout the land / site; to restore dignity and comradeship, where this needs be; to mend green tights as and when needed. NELL Gwynne as many oranges that may be peeled, squeezed and eaten; close inspection of my comeliness, as often as required; good-natured friendliness.... and never any malice by word nor deed. But I know nothing of politics, so can say nothing of that .... I only know of love. Thank you, good people ... :-) Nell * throws oranges to the appreciative readers *

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 1 Sep 2006 22:52

:

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&#

₪ TeresaW elite empress of deleted threads&# Report 1 Sep 2006 22:53

My vote goes to Paul Barton Special Agent, just for that Mac!

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 1 Sep 2006 22:55

Steve the Flirt.....and 50 poxy votes on behalf of CC......

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 1 Sep 2006 22:55

I hereby cast my vote. OC

Merry

Merry Report 1 Sep 2006 22:55

My vote goes to Glen TK's because the Special Agent hasn't paid me! Merry

Gordon

Gordon Report 1 Sep 2006 22:56

We're all looking into the past on this board... Maid Marion (and Nell) get my vote. Gordon

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 1 Sep 2006 22:58

Maid Marion gets my vote for been the kindest person I know

Sarah

Sarah Report 1 Sep 2006 22:58

I vote for Paul with his quips not Glen with his knicks Sarah :-) Please retain Glen in his current position (and outfit!)

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 1 Sep 2006 22:59

The first proxy vote of the evening is from ........... The Proud Meercat and she wants her vote to go to ............................... Paul Barton Special Agent round of applause there I think!!

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 1 Sep 2006 23:00

OK...as Steve is not in the running...I cast my vote for.... Maid Marian:-) and CC's 50 poxy votes and jelly babies as well....

Mandy

Mandy Report 1 Sep 2006 23:00

Oh Nell aren't there rules against offering your oranges up for a squeeze!!!!!!!!! ................. straight to the point though ............ you get my vote!!!!!!! ;-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 1 Sep 2006 23:00

I vote for Nell Gwynne as one of the few who can perhaps bring forth some peace and harmony between Tips and Gen (shudders quietly). I also wish to raise an objection to candidates being allowed to move onto Tips from other Boards and stand for election here. Candidates should live in the constituency, otherwise how can they know of the hardships which are borne by those of us trapped here 'twixt heaven and earth, fruitlessly grubbing around ................. am I rambling again? Pass the brandy. Tine (who can't even spell her own name, it's so late)

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 1 Sep 2006 23:00

My vote is for GLEN, (he that wears the tinsel knickers) for the following reasons 1) he is brave ( well he must be to wear just a tinsel thong) 2) he has a sense of humour - essential on here 3) cos i want to see where he'll pin his badge of office (no, I'm NOT offering to help, that honour goes to Olde Crone) Jess

Janet in Yorkshire

Janet in Yorkshire Report 1 Sep 2006 23:00

I'm still waiting for the car to take me to the polling station. Jay

Elaine

Elaine Report 1 Sep 2006 23:01

We shed a tear for dear old Ed, I´d like to vote and get to bed So my vote early I have cast not for nell as you were last Pauls manifesto - he did share but sad to say did not play fair He tried to cheat, he changed his name, not the way to play the game So that leaves one, our TK Glen to be the mascot, as and when Do us proud and show the rest that on this board you are the best.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 1 Sep 2006 23:02

Glen with the groovy knicks

Mandy

Mandy Report 1 Sep 2006 23:03

I vote for Maid Marion ........................... :<))))))))))))))))))))))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2006 23:03

on behalf of swansea city football club, i hereby cast 18,200 votes by proxy to. maid ' walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ' marion.