Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Was your missing ancestor Executed?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Jul 2006 10:59

http://uk.geocities(.)com/becky62655(a with a circle round it)btinternet(.)com

Horatia

Horatia Report 24 Jul 2006 22:26

I'd like to look at this site but the web address is difficult to follow (the bit with the circle round it is foxing me)! ;-) Cheers, Horatia

Gillian

Gillian Report 24 Jul 2006 22:28

the bit with the circle means at @

Nana Anna

Nana Anna Report 24 Jul 2006 22:33

What an interesting site Jim, have bookmarked it. Anna x

Horatia

Horatia Report 24 Jul 2006 22:46

Excellent Website! Thanks for posting it Grampa Jim! :-) Cheers, Horatia PS Samuel Yarham executed 1846 was my second cousin five times removed!!

Linda G

Linda G Report 25 Jul 2006 07:59

Thanks Jim, WAS going to do my ironing before it got too hot.lol Just makes me realize how lucky my husbands GGGGrandfather John Prestidge was in 1802 he stole a sheep and was sentenced to be hung at Northampton Assizes. His sentence was commuted to deportation. He earned his pardon after 10 years and stayed in Hobart for the rest of his life as a farmer Linda

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jul 2006 11:32

Sam Crowther was my Stepmother's great uncle. Caught scrumping fruit and he stabbed the farmer who caught him.

Horatia

Horatia Report 25 Jul 2006 12:28

Website address: http://uk(.)geocities(.)com/becky62655ATbtinternet(.)com/ Remove brackets Replace AT with the usual at for e-mail addresses (an a with a circle around it)!

Jean....

Jean.... Report 25 Jul 2006 12:35

I've been on the site before Gramps but the blue writing is terrible, don't know if it's only me but my eyes really hurt with it. Jean

Gina

Gina Report 25 Jul 2006 12:36

Me again, My goodness, what a gruesome lot. One poor bloke committed suicide and they still hung him when he was dead. ............... Can anyone tell me what crime uttering is as there seems to be a fair few excuted for this. surely it's not speaking! Gina in Oz

Victoria

Victoria Report 25 Jul 2006 13:33

Uttering is to put into circulation forged coins/banknotes. I have a feeling it might also be cheques that bounce. Victoria

Jane

Jane Report 25 Jul 2006 13:39

Will rawl through this tonight - it sounds good (unless you happen to be being executed)

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jul 2006 13:43

You bloodthirsty lot. Don't forget your knitting and bag of sandwiches and bottle of Gin. P.S. Educational day out for the kids watching an execution. Lol

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 25 Jul 2006 14:22

There doesn't seem to be an index to that site, so here's a quick way of searching by name: enter the surname you want into google, followed by site: and the address of the site. So if you're searching for somebody called Brown, it should look like this: brown site: http://uk.geocities(.)com/becky62655ATbtinternet(.)com/ ( remove brackets and insert the at sign in the obvious place)

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 25 Jul 2006 17:18

Opera doesn't seem to have that. Does it search the whole site?

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 25 Jul 2006 19:58

what a web site , grampa jim ,i saw your thread about 3 hrs ago so i went on there and i've just come off and there is still more to read it's a great site thanks grampa jim hazel.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 25 Jul 2006 23:14

hi grandpa,tried to get on the above site with no luck.xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jul 2006 21:41

Nudge for those who missed it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Aug 2006 19:15

Nudge

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 10 Aug 2006 19:41

Just tried to get on the website but got an error message saying Data transfer exceeded or something. Must be all the Gr members!