Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Certs - I HAVE MADE A DECISION !!!! - No more wait

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dea

Dea Report 23 Mar 2006 19:33

see below:

Dea

Dea Report 23 Mar 2006 19:33

I have decided I can stand it no longer. - I have no patience and can't stand the long wait for certs. SO - I am going to look at my tree and find 52 certs which I need and send for them. After 4 - 5 weeks, they will all arrive and I will open one each week for the next year and be totally happy !!! No more watching for postie and being disappointed for me !!!!!! Dea x

Ang

Ang Report 23 Mar 2006 19:44

bet you wouldn't be able to resist opening all 52 certs when they arrived?? Do you think GRO would give you a discount?? Now you have me dreaming ..... if only !! lol

Dea

Dea Report 23 Mar 2006 19:55

A discount ???? - If only !! Yes, I would probably have to open them all - BUT I would not be able to deal with all the info all at once, so would probably have to work on one each week ! ? It could work ! Dea x

Pete

Pete Report 23 Mar 2006 19:59

Dea, You would HAVE to open them all. if you only opened one and gleaned a snippet of information you would then say ' I need his birth cert next. I know I ordered it, which of the remaining 51 envelopes has it' Pete

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 23 Mar 2006 20:00

LMSO - sounds like a fab idea - but I know 'my' curiousity would get the better - I would have to open all lolol

Chris the gardening

Chris the gardening Report 23 Mar 2006 21:12

Dea, how would you know which certificate was in which envelope !!!! which one to choose first, I would have to open them all at once. Chris.

Tillot

Tillot Report 23 Mar 2006 21:20

I wish I could afford to buy 52 certs!!!!

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 23 Mar 2006 21:31

as I cannot really afford the ones I need at the moment can I please open some of yours I promise not to tell whats in them

Janet

Janet Report 23 Mar 2006 21:37

Sounds like a brill idea....enjoy. Jennie

Sam

Sam Report 23 Mar 2006 21:38

What if they all come in the same envelope?

Dea

Dea Report 23 Mar 2006 21:41

Sam - That would be awful - + I would have to demand a refund on my postage charges.!! Dea x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 23 Mar 2006 21:54

I can spot a tiny weeny flaw in this..... Each certificate will only take you back one generation. Can you solemnly swear that you will wait a whole year before getting the next lot?!

Dea

Dea Report 23 Mar 2006 21:57

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNOOOOO ! Dea x

Kate

Kate Report 23 Mar 2006 23:28

And another flaw - in a year's time you open the final one - they've sent the wrong certificate! You contact them to complain and they say too late, can't do anything about it! Kate.

Irene

Irene Report 24 Mar 2006 08:14

£364 - Think what else you could buy yourself with that money. I feel a bit ashamed to say I have 87 I have ordered on my file and that is not counting the wrong ones I have purchased........Oh dear £609 spent, glad Hubby is not reading this. Regards Irene

Trudes

Trudes Report 24 Mar 2006 08:20

Well, you could keep it on a roll out where you order 10 certs and the day they arrive you order the next ten - open 2 certs a week and find out which ones you will need to order on the next go! This could keep you happy indefinately. Good luck! ;-D

Haligonian

Haligonian Report 24 Mar 2006 09:40

if only!!!!!!would love to that. its like charlie and the chocolate factory,opening each one slowly, then finding its the wrong one,or you need more info,so you open another one,its fab. shame you wont get a factory at the end of it though,

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 24 Mar 2006 09:53

I wonder - all those people who work at the GRO office - do you suppose they get all their personal certs free as a perk of the job LOL !! I like your idea - I've often wished I could just order all of mine in one go but I have hundreds to get through. The most I've done in one go was 12 certs out of my bonus wages from work! Have calmed down since then and limit myself to no more than 5 per month now. Isn't it exciting when you come home from work, open the front door and see a big white envelope from the GRO lying on the floor!

Kate

Kate Report 24 Mar 2006 13:07

Oh, and another one I just thought of - only 99 certs arrive, so you have to open them all to find out which one is missing! Kate.