Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

another question please everybody !!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 14 Feb 2006 22:04

I am looking for a marriage the bride has an unusual first name so unusual there is only a few existing , I dont know her surname I believe I have found the marriage I was looking for, its right area right time , but the Groom is not using the name I know him by .I know he was shady so Would you say its possible its the right marriage or am I completely mad thanks

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:06

Completely mad. lol, tell us the details.

Merry

Merry Report 14 Feb 2006 22:07

Agree with Heather on all counts! Merry

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 14 Feb 2006 22:08

stark raving bonkers... go on, tell us more!! jess x

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:08

Merry, did you see my blokes description?

Val wish I'd never started Report 14 Feb 2006 22:09

Heather I take back what I just said to you on Teds posting, I cannot put the details on here bit awkward I know it sounds completely daft but it just seems so strange .

Val wish I'd never started Report 14 Feb 2006 22:09

thanks everybody I am just of to the Asylum

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:14

Val, pm merry and jess if you want to keep it private - they are the geniuses on here.

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 14 Feb 2006 22:16

PAH! TOSH! the clever one is Old Crone- My heroine!! she knows EVERYTHING!! Merry and I ? Biggest idiots! twerps and bonkers themselves!! (will someone please stop Merry hitting me?) Jess x **Heather - what bloke? was he good looking and is he availible??

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:16

Val, you mean you dont want to be my neighbour now?

Val wish I'd never started Report 14 Feb 2006 22:17

thanks to all and Heather would you want a nut case next door ?????

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:19

One like you who will sing like Hilda ogden as she pegged out her washing, yes, Id love it.

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:19

Jess, only if you dig him up. Oh, and old Crone dont seem to be here at the moment!

Val wish I'd never started Report 14 Feb 2006 22:21

Heather I am not going to show you my big knickers !!!!! and I really do sound like Hilda all I need are the curlers and headscarf

Merry

Merry Report 14 Feb 2006 22:22

Sorry to be slow!! Was just taking off the boxing gloves (used for Jess!!!) Heather, what an earth is a Military Education Asylum???? (somewhere bonkers people go to learn something?? If it is, please arrange for a place for me IMMEDIATELY!) Merry

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:26

I dont know, I reckon that the meaning of the word has changed since back then. Asylum means loony bin to us, might have have much wider use, like institution but meaning a place of learning.

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:28

Have you noticed that all the threads Val starts go off at a tangent?

Merry

Merry Report 14 Feb 2006 22:28

Well that's why she wished she never started! Merry

Val wish I'd never started Report 14 Feb 2006 22:29

Just googled Military Education Asylum it says for the Orphan Sons of British Soldiers

Heather

Heather Report 14 Feb 2006 22:29

Do you reckon Jess has gone to get a shovel? Is she that desperate?