Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Great Great Grandfather Was A Trigamist!!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:07

Mt grt grt grandfather apparintly married three times and I don't know the names of any of the women he married he was called Albert Wharton does anyone know how I can try and find out? Dan.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Jan 2006 19:11

not without some kind of time frame. have you found him on any census? got his birth cert etc. Shirley

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:13

He's on the 1901 as a Private at Bradford Moor Barracks and hes supposed to have faught in the first world war he was born in c.1879. I can't seem to find him in the 1891 or the 1881 census though. Dan.

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jan 2006 19:15

Ok gonna have a look for you Zoe

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jan 2006 19:17

This is him in 1901 as you said Name: Albert Wharton Age: 22 Estimated birth year: abt 1879 Relation: Private Household: View other family members Gender: Male Where born: Dewsbury, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Bradford Ecclesiatical parish: Bradford St Clement County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Source information: RG13/4154 Registration district: Bradford Sub-registration district: Bradford East ED, institution, or vessel: Bradford Moor Barracks Folio: 160 Page: 11 Household schedule number: 1

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:18

Yeah thats him in 1901. Dan.

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jan 2006 19:27

So you don't know your great great grandmothers name do you know when your grt grandmother was born? Zoe

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:30

Well this is the problem my great grandmother Emily Wharton would probably have been born in the early 1900's and this is the problem out of the three wives he had I don't know which would be my great great grandmother. Dan.

Gritty

Gritty Report 23 Jan 2006 19:31

Hello He is listed as single in 1901- where did you get the information that he'd been married three times?

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:33

Well my Grandad (Albert's Grandson) told me and Nana had mentioned it to me, I also spoke to other people within the family and they seem to say the same thing. Appartinly he was sent to Strangeways Prison in Manchester. Dan.

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jan 2006 19:36

He was only 22 in 1901 so he had time. Emily Wharton do you know where she came from? Zoe

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:38

I should imagine that she was born either Dewsbury or Bradford Dan.

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jan 2006 19:40

possible Name: Wharton, Emily Ann Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1905 District: Dewsbury County: West Riding of Yorkshire Volume: 9b Page: 607 Let me see if I can find a marriage to match Zoe

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:47

My Grandad was born July 1934 Dan. Zoe Its Albert Wharton , not Alfred. Not sure if we're clear but Emily Wharton is one of his children. I think we are i might be having a blonde moment.

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jan 2006 19:51

So your grandads mother is Emily born early 1900's the one I posted was the only one in those areas. It's such a shame have to wait another 5 or 6 years for the 1911 census as it would solve so many mysteries Only thing I can think of it to find your great grandmas marriage cert and see how old she is on that and get her fathers occupation! When do you think she got married? And whom did she marry? Zoe

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jan 2006 19:53

I knew I shouldn't have put those blonde streaks in sorry let me get rid of the uselessness Zoe

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:54

Emily married Robert Taylor (nice common name for you there!). My Grandad was born 1934 so I should imagine they got married around that time, the problem is my Grandad isn't really that interested in family history and my Nana's knowledge on her husbands family is more limited than her own family. Dan.

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:55

I meant i was having a blonde moment not you lol!

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Jan 2006 19:56

Zoe its ALBERT Wharton

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Jan 2006 19:56

Do you know when your grt grandma died? As it should have her birth year on death reference Zoe