Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Splitting & Merging Files using Family Tree Maker

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ron

Ron Report 16 Jan 2006 10:39

Following on from another thread about family tree printing where I mentioned splitting family tree files so that only certain people are exported to a new gedcom or a new Family Tree Maker file, we have received quite a few telephone calls and private e-mails asking about splitting or merging gedcom or Family Tree Maker files. Due to the amount of interest in this subject I have created a website which is a tutorial telling you step by step how to export or merge only certain people from your Family Tree Maker file into a separate gedcom or Family Tree Maker file. The instructions on the website are for using Family Tree Maker as this is the most widely used program. I'm sure that some members will find it useful. This website can be seen at this URL, you will need to remove remove the brackets from around the dot after the word tinyurl. - http://tinyurl(.)com/a5t8v - Regards - Ron - www.genealogyprinters(.)com

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Jan 2006 10:49

Ron, Thanks. Will certainly come in useful. Maureen

Heather

Heather Report 16 Jan 2006 11:08

Many thanks Ron.

Thelma

Thelma Report 16 Jan 2006 11:22

Thanks Ron

Mandy in Wiltshire

Mandy in Wiltshire Report 16 Jan 2006 11:37

Ron That is really kind, thank you for doing that. Spooky really though - I was just wanting to send a small part of my tree to my inlaws and had no idea how to do it! Thanks again Mandy :)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Jan 2006 11:38

Thanks for this Ron. Kath. x

babs123

babs123 Report 16 Jan 2006 11:48

Thanks Ron for the clear instructions Kat

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 16 Jan 2006 12:58

Thanks for that Ron. Had no idea how to do that. Your instructions are very clear. Jean.

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Jan 2006 12:59

Ron, Thanks for that, I had been wondering how to save and separate hubbys side from mine, hope you dont mind but have made a copy of your instructions as im sure even I could follow them, Debs x

Ron

Ron Report 16 Jan 2006 13:45

Copy it by all means Debs, it's there for all to see and use. Regards Ron www.genealogyprinters(.)com

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Jan 2006 14:15

Thanks everso Ron, will keep it in a safe place as I shall be following those instructions to a tee... Debs x

Mike

Mike Report 16 Jan 2006 15:02

Thankyou very much Ron, that is a great help. Susan

Ron

Ron Report 8 Mar 2006 14:49

Nudge because somebody asked for it. Ron www.genealogyprinters(.)com

Mandy in Wiltshire

Mandy in Wiltshire Report 28 Mar 2006 22:08

Nudging for Valerie

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 28 Mar 2006 22:10

thanks very much Mandy very helpful

Raven

Raven Report 29 Mar 2006 07:23

Thanks Ron, Will be most useful Anne.

*****libra

*****libra Report 29 Mar 2006 08:48

Thankyou Ron. Ann.

Ellen

Ellen Report 29 Mar 2006 09:13

What a godsend! thanks a million Ron. Regards Ellen.

Heather

Heather Report 18 Apr 2006 12:04

nudge

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 18 Apr 2006 12:42

udging so I can find thread, But I cannot get onto page at mo;; and yes have removed brackets and copied pasted;; Babs