Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GENEALOGY HELPLINE=Lookups and Queries

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Sep 2005 20:35

Lookups for 1861,1871,1881,1891,1901.Can do select counties for 1841.If i feel you can find it for yourself for free,I'll point you towards a site-please dont ask for addies,just type the relevant word in and click on the link. There are sites out there that you can browse at your leisure,hope i can find one for you.ONE LOOKUP AT A TIME PLEASE-include dates,locations already known,and KEEP YOUR INFO CLEAR AND CONCISE please.GOT ACCESS TO MANY MANY SITES(35 to hand at the moment)

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Sep 2005 21:55

lancashire and staffs are not available other than on discs at the moment for 1841.

Annette

Annette Report 1 Sep 2005 22:22

Alter, I have searched the 1901 myself several times but cannot find a John Thomas Hibbert born abt 1865 who was recorded on the 1881 as below: Thomas HIBBERT, Head, 46 b.Stockport, Lancashire, England Occ: Boilersmith Isebbla HIBBERT, Wife, 37 b.Bradford, York, England John T. HIBBERT, Son, 16 b.Hunslet, York, England Occ: Boilersmith Ellen L. HIBBERT, Daur, 13 b.Boston, Lincoln, England Clara A. HIBBERT, Daur, 8 b.Doncaster, York, England Elizabeth CARTER, Mother (W), 56 b.Bradford, York, England Source Information: Dwelling St Swithins Balby Rd Census Place Doncaster, York, England I have downloaded about half a dozen 'possibilites' and compared all the J.T. Hibberts in 1881 with possible matches in the 1901 - but no luck. If you could trace him in 1891 or 1901 that would be brilliant. Thanks, Annette

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Sep 2005 22:23

If you google BELGIUM GENEALOGY,youll seelinks to a belgium rootsweb project,a forum and various others. For Ireland -Joy has a thread that appears every other day or so,that members have contributed to with regards to irish research.sometimes its worth googling the Surname-there are many one name dedicated sites out there or sites dedicated to a certain clan.

Marie

Marie Report 1 Sep 2005 22:24

Hi Alter ego I've found the Huddersfield and Wakefield 1841-1851 census (family records online) but the sites quite expensive, any other sites I could go to that aren't as expensive. Marie

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Sep 2005 22:50

ANNETTE>>>>>>>>>> Take a look at the thomas hibbert born Hunslet in the army barracks aged 24 and see what you think. There was also a mariage to a Lily Grayson,or Ada Dransfield between 1881 and 1891 in Holbech in Yorkshire.

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Sep 2005 23:01

MARIE>>>>>>> If youre patient ancestry will probably have them eventually! Keep an eye out on the progress of the freecen project which is ongoing.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2005 23:15

Any idea where the parish registers for Bowden, Cheshire, would live? Tried googling it and all it brings up is Bowden in Roxburgh, Scotland I need to verify a marriage LDS member submitted on IGI Thanks

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Sep 2005 23:25

LOU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I would say that bowden is covered by Phillimores transcripts perhaps-theres a chap on Rootschat called Chris in 1066land that has all the volumes and will do lookups for marriages 17th and 18th century.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2005 23:31

Marriage is in 1837 but before the start of civil reg. Reckon Phillimores would cover that or is it too late?

The Ego

The Ego Report 1 Sep 2005 23:35

Im sure the chap on roots chat will put you straight-looks like its his baby,having 5 volumes of them !! Otherwise its a trip out to the Cro in Duke Street in Chester(could always phone them,and they'lllook in their index that hey have by the entry desk ).

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2005 23:40

Thanks hon Will give that a try Lou

Annette

Annette Report 2 Sep 2005 00:13

Thanks Alter, have found the marriage - looks good! Is the Thomas Hibbert age 24 in the 1891? Regards Annette

The Ego

The Ego Report 2 Sep 2005 09:56

Yes hes declared as 24 and single-I would havepreferred him older because his age in previous census (16) must be accurate.I certainly cant prove the connection,but i guess thats where certs come in-ie the marriage cert would perhaps confirm him as married or not-it was the only marriage for that name in the area between censi.Once that isestablished looking for him in 1891 would be more accurate,knowing more about him.

The Ego

The Ego Report 2 Sep 2005 10:30

Ive tracked the Hibbert marriage-it was to ada dransfield-its the wrong chap-they are there with his parents in 1891-wrong names and ages for parents and him. Conclusion=he was still single by 1891 or dead. The thomas hibbert in the army barracks looks the one -its the only refernce I can find to hunslet ,his birthplace,and hes still single so that fits.As for 1901,it wouldnt be unusual to be missing ,if hes still a soldier-boer wars going on etc. NEW FACT= no hibberts registered for birth between 1860-1880 in Hunslet,just one hibberd in 1875=therefore despite having his birthplace declared there it was not registered there.Suggest looking for nearby areas or area from whence either parents family is living-would suggest not being more specific than county yorkshire in your search for him.

Annette

Annette Report 2 Sep 2005 18:46

THANKS Alter for your help. I think you may have found my John T. Hibbert! Being enlisted in the Army would explain why he seems to go missing between the two censi. I won't rule out Hunslet until I have contacted the registrar - I have a few birth certificates - the details of which are not listed on Ancestry or Free BMD...best wishes, Annette.

Liberty64

Liberty64 Report 2 Sep 2005 19:32

Hi Alter, Do you know where I can find a good reliable 'Handy man' preferbally local..... lol Lib

The Ego

The Ego Report 2 Sep 2005 19:34

pmsl

moe

moe Report 2 Sep 2005 20:00

hi alter ego. My query is! did the armed forces do census returns, how can i find a few rellies who were enlisted in 1860s? i cannot get to KEW so it would have to be by other means online being the best, thanks MOE!

The Ego

The Ego Report 2 Sep 2005 20:09

Theres a good chance that he will be listed in barracks if not at home-saw a case of this today for a single male aged 24 in the mid 1800's.