Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

>>>Thats all ,Folks<<<

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Aug 2005 08:17

I've enjoyed sharing my birthday pressie with you all, but now it has finally all been eaten up. There are not many pressie that one can share with friends and it still last for a year. My Ancestry sub has now run out! Thanks Dad for buying it, and letting me share it. It was the best presents ever. Jess x

Dea

Dea Report 29 Aug 2005 08:21

Does that mean you are not renewing Jess? If it does - I still have access and will do look-ups for you anytime!! - You have given me and others on the site a great deal of help so I would be very happy to look up anything anytime in return. Dea x

Claire

Claire Report 29 Aug 2005 08:33

Thank you for sharing. You have been a help to me. I hope I can be a help in return some time. If your annual birthday sub has run out, that means it must be near your birthday then. I hope you had a nice one (if it has been and gone) and if it hasn't been yet, enjoy your birthday! Claire xx

Dea

Dea Report 29 Aug 2005 08:36

I just thought of that as well - Happy Birthday Jess !! (whenever it is/was/will be) Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 29 Aug 2005 08:43

Another thought - If you are thinking of renewing - the 20% off offer is still on - works out £55.96 for the year. Dea x

The Bag

The Bag Report 29 Aug 2005 08:45

Dea, as i fel like my oxygen supply has been cut , Yes, it is something i am thinking about- got to justify it thought! How do i go about that offer?(where do i find it?) jess x

Dea

Dea Report 29 Aug 2005 08:49

Jess, type in the usual address then add /yft. so - www.ancestry(.)co(.)uk/yft - It takes you straight to the offer page - I know it is ending very soon but I am sure it will tell you when on the page. DeaX

Joy

Joy Report 29 Aug 2005 08:50

Jess, my friend, I'll do look-ups for you any time. Happy birthday, whenever it was. Joy

The Ego

The Ego Report 29 Aug 2005 09:21

Why have i got a big lump in my throat? Your subs just ended,mine just begun................guess i'm going to be busy.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 29 Aug 2005 09:54

Thanks for all the help you have given others in the past year

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 10:25

Jess Happy birthday! Thanks for all the help you've given me and everyone else this year. I shall overlook the fact that you couldn't find my George & James Broad!!!!! nell

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 29 Aug 2005 10:29

Hi Jess, I agree with everyone else, you've a kind heart, not everyone would be willing to share a birthday gift, and not only that but you've helped so many of us and made us smile along the way. Happy Birthday for whenever it was or is. I am thinking of joining Ancestry as you've inspired me by the amount of info you have found for me. If I manage the subscription to Ancestry I'll do look-ups for you anytime. Thanks again Jess, and good luck to you in your hunting. Lou

Georgette

Georgette Report 29 Aug 2005 10:48

Happy Birthday Jess, for whenever it is/was and thank you for the help you gave me too :o) Helenxx (another person with an ancestry subscription inspired by Jess) Ooh, thinking about it perhaps you could ask for an extra big discount from Ancestry because it seems that you have helped them get new subscriptions. What do you think?

Elly

Elly Report 29 Aug 2005 10:53

Hi Jess So, no more York Place I guess...... Your help has been invaluable to my research & I thank you most sincerely. Even if you don't re-new your Ancestry subsciption, I hope you stick around here...... Best wishes JElly

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 29 Aug 2005 11:03

Your puzzle-solving will be missed, Jess. I've enjoyed sharing puzzles and ideas with you. Hopefully you'll stick around to bounce ideas about how to get round the mistranscriptions etc! Many Happy Returns! Christine

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 11:26

Jess, It'll be a shame to see you go - we've had some fun ! I can understand why you've got to 'justify' another year of membership. I'll have to do that soon !!........Pity we can't share it and half the cost for ourselves !! I have a feeling I / you would miss it though :) Take care Esta

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 29 Aug 2005 11:36

Hiya Jess me also to thank you !!! You have helped me with a few brick walls and I have Ancestry !!!! so dont know what you do right that I dont;;; But Jess saying that I also would give you help with look ups if needed Babs OOOps sorry Happy Birthday x x x

English Bob

English Bob Report 29 Aug 2005 12:08

Jess, I can't believe that soon I won't be reading your look ups, laughing at your acerbic quips, agreeing/disagreeing with your put downs, squirming at some of the badly written requests! If it becomes fact....I do hope that as you were the main supplier of not only inspiration... but also information that, if I ever do solve Thomas begat Thomas begat Thomas, you won't mind being one of the first to know. x Bob

Anne

Anne Report 29 Aug 2005 12:19

Thanks Jess, and Happy Birthday. You helped me several times and in the end I also joined, so if there's anything I can do for you now just let me know. Bet you can't live without it though!! lol Anne

Lynne

Lynne Report 29 Aug 2005 14:03

Jess I'd like to add my thanks too for the lookups you have done for me in the past. I am hoping to subscribe to Ancestry myself when I start a permanent job soon (I've been temping for 4 months). When I do subscribe I will be happy to do any lookups for you in return. Lynne