Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Daft Names. Have you got one?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Jul 2005 09:57

I was doing a bit of research on the censuses into my 2x great Grandmother's brother. I happened to look down at the next household and noticed that the lady of the house gave her birthplace as Sibsey, Lincs. That's strange, I thought. That's where his Mum was born. And sure enough it appears it was his Mum who had remarried. But it was the husband's name that made me laugh - Peter Rabbett! lol. Have you got any daft names in your tree? Jeanette x

Joy

Joy Report 4 Jul 2005 10:28

haddock? sorry :-) Joy

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Jul 2005 10:33

Lol Joy! Now that would make me laugh if I found a haddock in my tree. Infact I'm not sure if I would be able to come on here and admit to it. Oh the shame! lol. You haven't got any have you!

RStar

RStar Report 4 Jul 2005 10:42

In chat magazine, on the 2nd page every wk theres a section called 'You called them WHAT?!' Its kids with weird/unusual names. One of the poor souls was called Damien Lucifer!!! I like something a bit different; my daughter is called Sharna, but thats plain mental.

Joy

Joy Report 4 Jul 2005 10:50

No, my only ''unusual'' name is SADD. I'll be interested to see how long this stays. If it stays, just like Heather TC's recently, I'll be even more sure about ''selective deletion''! :-) Joy

Hannah

Hannah Report 4 Jul 2005 10:51

I have a F????y Blower a Bollar Guppy.

Sandra

Sandra Report 4 Jul 2005 10:53

I've got a 'Mary Hoare', sounds a fun girl!

Joy

Joy Report 4 Jul 2005 10:57

I may delete this later because I don't want the other thread to go - but have a search for a thread with beaver in it! :-) Joy

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Jul 2005 11:47

Lol Mike! A friend of mine has the same problem. Her name is Amanda Louise Key so she gets letters addressed to A L Key! lol

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 4 Jul 2005 11:49

At least you lot only seem to have one silly name . I have got over 126 rellies by the name of smelt and yes there are 2 with the name f???y smelt Anybody want to swap relies? catherine

Joy

Joy Report 4 Jul 2005 12:09

sorry, Jeanette - just tried to send you a message - it wouldn't go the first time, so I tried again - now it's gone twice!!! oh the wonders of technology! :-) Joy

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 4 Jul 2005 12:17

I have a.... Bogie, just thought I would share that with you lol Marion

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Jul 2005 12:17

Lol Joy!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Jul 2005 12:20

Go and flick your bogies somewhere else Marion! lolol

Joy

Joy Report 4 Jul 2005 12:30

messaged you again, Jeanette :-) Joy

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 4 Jul 2005 12:46

LOL

moe

moe Report 4 Jul 2005 13:11

I don't know wether i will be allowed to put this one but if it was my relative i would be, so here goes. while looking for a name beginning with B for jess yesterday i came across this one in the births BASTARD AFRICA. i don't know if that was the childs name or birth country, but it was listed as surname and forename i can dig out the page if anyone wants to see MOE!

Carol

Carol Report 4 Jul 2005 14:38

Not in my tree, but came across it on the census. Norman Conquest

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 4 Jul 2005 14:43

I have a Young FRY in my tree. How about this unfortunate name (no connection to me) Lt. Col. PINE-COFFIN DSO. MC. Comander of the 7th. Bn. parachute Regt. took part in the Battle of Pegesus Bridge.

fraserbooks

fraserbooks Report 4 Jul 2005 16:54

I once worked in a maternity hospital and we had one mother who had to be disuaded from calling her daughter Theresa Green. Laughing at your B day reminds me of Verena Downs I was at school with - embarassing when she had to initial things espescially as she became a teacher. I have a Rosie Trolloppe in my tree who also sounds a fun girl. She was a bar maid as well.