Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering certs from GRO - Backlog.......

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 2 Dec 2004 12:30

Hi all, I just wanted to ask if anybody else is waiting for certs ordered in the middle of Nov? I know the GRO are experiencing a major backlog in trying to get them sent out, when I ordered mine the despatch date was supposed to be 26th Nov - it still hasn't arrived!! I don't want to call and chase it if this is what everyone else is experiencing. Are you still waiting for yours.....?

Heather

Heather Report 2 Dec 2004 12:39

Got one of mine today 2nd December - ordeed 16 November.

Heike

Heike Report 2 Dec 2004 12:46

Mine (send to me in Germany) was there within a week, I ordered it in the middle of November. I was very favorably surprised.

Karen

Karen Report 2 Dec 2004 12:47

Thanks for that, I will wait a couple of days..... I have ordered some since and the despatch date was 8th December. Hopefully they will come before Xmas!!! Kx

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 2 Dec 2004 16:12

Hi Karen I ordered four on 20the Nov with a despatch date of 30th Nov - they haven't arrived as of yet . Much happiness Debi ( County Down N.I)

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 2 Dec 2004 20:28

I NEVER have this problem because I always use the local Registry Office - much quicker, and the staff are often exceptionally helpful. I don't want to get any of them into trouble, but I have quite often had a phone call to say"Are you sure you want this one and not blah blah blah". They are not supposed to do that, but I love them! My fastest so far is: Ordered on line at about midnight on a Sunday, received Tuesday morning. I very rarely wait more than a week.

Theresa

Theresa Report 2 Dec 2004 20:34

Hi Mines late to only a few days but looks like i could expect it to be weeks by the responses you have had. Theresa.

Sam

Sam Report 2 Dec 2004 20:56

Its driving me nuts! I've been waiting 2 weeks now for the first lot - I've since ordered some more. I rush home form work every night hoping and praying that they will be on the doormat but alas, no certificates :-( They are desperately needed to confirm that I have been researching the correct family line! Sam

Anne

Anne Report 2 Dec 2004 21:15

The certificates have been there for over 100 years - a few more days won't hurt - not too much anyway! Anne

Karen

Karen Report 3 Dec 2004 09:36

Looks like we are all playing the waiting game...... PS, IT STILL HASN'T ARRIVED!!!!!! I am so frustrated..... Kx

Marion

Marion Report 3 Dec 2004 09:39

They always seem to post on Fridays so perhaps you'll get it tomorrow or Monday

Karen

Karen Report 3 Dec 2004 09:41

I hope so.... I feel like a child waiting for Xmas day!!!!!

kim

kim Report 3 Dec 2004 10:19

got mine today ordered 11th november,

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 3 Dec 2004 11:04

Remember that the entire country is out posting Christmas cards, too; Royal Mail is as swamped as the GRO. I'm waiting 'til January to order mine when the fuss has died down.

Heather

Heather Report 3 Dec 2004 11:08

Oh joy! The marriage cert I ordered 17 November has just arrived 3 December and even more joy, the brides name may have been Smith (cringe) but the father was a Customs Officer with a double-barrelled name - hence traceable!!!!

JillGr

JillGr Report 3 Dec 2004 12:39

Ordered mine 18 November. It arrived this morning. No father's name - damn! Jill

Karen

Karen Report 3 Dec 2004 13:12

Hi Jill & Heather (and the rest of you....!) I am soooooooo jealous!!!!! I ordered mine on the 16th!!! Ps: Have just rang home and it's definately not arrived!! Depression is starting to set in!!!!!!!!!!!! Kx

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 3 Dec 2004 14:00

Hi ordered a marriage cert on 17/11 despatch date 26/11 arrived this morning. Hopefully yours should be with you very soon. Liz

Karen

Karen Report 3 Dec 2004 14:17

Let's hope so Elizabeth!! I have now changed my GR name to cheer myself up and get into the Xmas spirit!!!!!! Now just need cert to magically appear on my doormat........ Kx

Kim

Kim Report 4 Dec 2004 17:21

Maureen, if you want them to check parents you have to click "reference checking" box if ordering online otherwise they don't do it , from someone who learnt the hard (and expensive )way! kim