Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 cd rom

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 19 Nov 2003 21:24

would enjoy doing searches for anyone as i have the 1881 cd rom, have run out of my names to check and its gathering dust, sue

Janet

Janet Report 19 Nov 2003 21:31

If your CD has more information than the census on Family Search, could you please do a look up for me? Sarah Maria Forster, or Forster, born 1828/29, Syddenham or Bromley. I have found her husband, William Godfrey Foster/Forster, who is shown as married, and their children, living in Plumstead, but there is no sign of her anywhere. I've looked through the 1881 so many times, at all the Sarah Forsters and Fosters and Forresters and anything else I can think of, but there is no trace of her at all. Any help would be very much appreciated. Jan.

mab

mab Report 19 Nov 2003 21:54

Hi Susan, Please could you look for MAUD PRICE b 1873 at Crewe or Monks Coppenhall AGNES PRICE b 1870/1 at Tredegar or George Town I can't find them in the online version Thank you, Marian

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 19 Nov 2003 22:04

hi jan, did search (first time that disc has been out of its box)found william g foster aged 61, living on waterloo road. i have all the details, but it sounds like you allready have all this info. but it has his marital status as w (widow) if i have found the right one that is why sarah does not show up, hope this helps,sue. ps if you need the rest of the info will send it.

Flossie

Flossie Report 19 Nov 2003 22:10

whole family missing from the 1881 census I am trying to find the Allen family on the 1881 census. I have been using the LDS on their web site but cant find them at all. I have tried different spellings, 1st names only etc but I just cant find them. What could the reason be? The details that I know are Walter Henry Allen born Islington 1844 Mary Ann Allen born Holborn 1842 Walter born 1868 St Pancras Elizabeth born 1869 ST Georges Hanover Sq Helen 1876 St Georges Alice 1877 St Georges Maude 1879 st Georges The last address in 1871 was 3 Brunswick Yard St Georges In 1891 address was 18 Princes St St Georges Their is also entries for some of the children on the 1901 census. Its the 1881 I cant find them on. Can anyone help please. Also Mary Ann was Walters second wife. his !st was Mary Anns sister Elizabeth who died in 1872 was this a common occurance in those days and was in legal? Gill xxx This is a question I posted on the records office board. A few people also had a try at finding this family from the LDS site. Do you think that your cd might be of any help, perhaps it got missed off the LDS site. I would be grateful for any help. xx

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 19 Nov 2003 22:14

hi marion, letting you know how thick i am now ,could i have the counties please, if you saw myo level grade for geography you would sympathies, and i have just let on i am older than i pretend to be, o levels indeed, thanks sue.

Janet

Janet Report 19 Nov 2003 22:23

Thanks for looking Susan, but that isn't my William G. He was 52 on the 1881, born Bexley Heath, living at 7 Sydney Terrace, Plumstead. Definitely shown as Married, but I can't find a definite record of Sarah Maria's death, so I can't be sure. He was Widower on the 1891 though. I'm also trying to find a John Foster/Forster who was 15 on the 1871, born Bexley Heath, and a baker. He definitely is not the John aged 30 living at 7 Sydney Terrace as above. In the 1881 my gt uncle Frederick is Carpenter, in the 1891 Baker, and by 1901 Master Baker. I'm trying to find the connection between my family and the baker John Forster to see if that was why Frederick changed careers. Many thanks for your help. Jan.

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 20 Nov 2003 10:59

hi jan, looked for john forster, found one living at 32 chapel st london. his occupation is beer house keeper,but what was interesting was he had a visitor called william golver who was a baker, was john still a baker in 1881 or could he have changed professions ? this was the only one i could find of right age, sue

Janet

Janet Report 20 Nov 2003 11:15

Thank you very much for looking, Sue. Jan

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 20 Nov 2003 11:57

Hi Susan, could you look up a Sidney William Jones for me please, I can't find him at all on the 1881 online. He would be 1 year old (born Jan 1880), born in Hereford, and would expect him to be living with parents William & Caroline Jones. He also had a brother Ernest, but not sure when he was born, so may not be there. Thanks for your help, it's very kind of you. Suzanne.

K

K Report 20 Nov 2003 12:07

Yes Please..... I cannot find my great great grandfather James Olding on the LDS site. He was born in West Tytherley, which falls under the Hants/Wilts border. He was born in 1863, would be about 18. He's not with his parents AAron and Eliza. Have tried numerous ways of locating him till my eyes start rolling! Have tried different spellings of the surname and just James only, Just can't seem to find him or his future Wife and her family either. Would so much like to discover him and see where he was in 1881. Many Thanks Keren

mab

mab Report 20 Nov 2003 12:08

Hi Sue, re my earlier query and your reply : Crewe & Monks Coppenhall are in Cheshire Tredegar & George Town are in Monmouthshire Marian

Kay

Kay Report 20 Nov 2003 12:40

Hi Sue, Could you try and find my 2xG Grandafther for me as I can't find him anywhere on the LDS site. His name is John Wiseman and he was born in Sunderland around 1858. I have him in 1891 aged 32 as a shipyard worker and in 1901 aged 43 as a glassworks labourer. Any info would be greatfully received Kay

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 20 Nov 2003 22:39

hi suzanne, no trace of a sidney william jones anywhere of that age. only one i found was 13 and living with his mother caroline aged 29 at holmer in hereford, sorry sue

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 20 Nov 2003 22:40

to karen bond, sorry no trace of any oldings at all,sue

Georgina

Georgina Report 20 Nov 2003 22:42

I am trying to find A William Watkins Pile, but have no idea where he was born. He married in Middlesex in 1895 at the age of 35, but births around that time only list a williwm in W.Ashford, Kent, or devizes, Wiltshire. Would appreciate any William piles you can find, he would have been 21 in 1881. Many thanks George lovely

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 20 Nov 2003 22:43

for jane waltho, no trace of anyone by that name anywhere on 1881, sorry, sue

Shirley

Shirley Report 20 Nov 2003 22:54

Hi I am looking for Charles Glover Simpson B 1833 Middlesex Mary Martha Simpson b Clapham Wille b1864 Carolinne A b1865 Thomas Glover Simpson b 1867 Bethnal green Alice M M 1870 Emma Simspon b 1873 Bermondsey Thanks Shirley

K

K Report 21 Nov 2003 08:06

many thanks for looking anyway. He must of been missed off, as he's large as life in 1891 and 1901 and died 1938. I couldn't find him either! Keren

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 21 Nov 2003 11:25

Hi Susan, My Jones family are proving to be very elusive!! Thanks very much for looking anyway, I appreciate your time. Suzanne.