Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

good new site

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 5 Sep 2003 18:30

Have just found this site: www(.)ExResidents(.)co(.)uk remove brackets, you can add where your ancestors lived. George

BodhranBev

BodhranBev Report 5 Sep 2003 22:02

Hi George Looks like a good site, Thanks! I have added 3 previous addresses and will do some research when I am a bit more awake. Beverly

Melba64

Melba64 Report 5 Sep 2003 22:07

Looks good. I added an address that keeps cropping up with the Gerrards in my family tree. Melanie

Andy

Andy Report 5 Sep 2003 22:43

Thanks George, looks like a potentially useful site. This is one I came across some time ago: http://www(.)ancestral-villages(.)co(.)uk

Lynne

Lynne Report 9 Sep 2003 13:19

Looks a site good George, I just wanted to put this back at the top of the list so I can easily find it when I get home from work. Lynne

Brenda

Brenda Report 9 Sep 2003 16:09

Hi tried several times to get into this site (it did let me register) and have had no joy at all - just keeps telling me 'waiting for reply' and then nothing at all.. am i doing something wrong, or is it too buzy thanks brenda

Annie in

Annie in Report 9 Sep 2003 16:31

Hi,I registered yesterday,no probs,but each time i tried to add an ancestors address,it kept telling me to only use text in the address space,which I had done.Tried a few times with different addresses,then gave up.

Annie in

Annie in Report 9 Sep 2003 17:43

Just to lat you all know that Danny read my message on G.C. and sent me an email saying the problem had now been corrected.What a very nice man! I wonder how many other 'webmasters would have bothered?

Andy

Andy Report 9 Sep 2003 18:24

Diane, When you type in an address on the Ex-Residents site, you just type the street name, e.g High Street. There's a separate box for putting in the house number. If it's a house name rather than a number then it's OK to stick that in the address. That's how I understood it when I registered some entries. Andy.

Annie in

Annie in Report 9 Sep 2003 19:08

Andy,I wasn't putting in a number! That's why I couldn't understand what was happening. It was a temp.fault on the site that Danny has now sorted out.

summerdaze

summerdaze Report 9 Sep 2003 23:34

Just off to try new site keep this at top it sounds interesting. janet

Kate

Kate Report 9 Sep 2003 23:53

Yes !!! I looked and joined too Good site...Very promising.. Kate

Iraina

Iraina Report 10 Sep 2003 13:15

help needed!!!! Hi, yesterday I registered on this site, and since then it is not loading up. any ideas what is going on??? Thanks, Iraina Witts p.s. Have e-mailed Danny and awaiting his reply.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Sep 2003 13:23

Heard this one mentioned on radio this morning - similar. Think its fairly new and haven't checked it thoroughly. www(.)myoldhouse(.)co(.)uk

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2003 13:23

Hi, I have the same problem. No matter how long I leave it, it wont load up. Jo

Lynne

Lynne Report 10 Sep 2003 14:01

Iam having the same problem, have you heard any reasons why.

Meryl

Meryl Report 10 Sep 2003 16:31

Just been trying to get on to site but it says web site found waiting for reply which doesn't happen, Is it just me? Meryl

Annie in

Annie in Report 10 Sep 2003 17:56

I'm not having any problems today either. Viv,I think you're right,imagine how surprised he must be to have 100's of Gc members desending on him.Lol

George

George Report 10 Sep 2003 21:50

And up it goes George

George

George Report 11 Sep 2003 12:23

nudge up again George